Trailer Trash

Finally Fall Weekender (Read 23 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

2.2 miles after a loooong day at work. We are short-staffed, and then on top of that, people are calling off. And as the managers insist on their Sunday off instead of coming in to make up for that, we plain mortals end up with 40+ (part-timers) and 55+ (full-timers hours per week. I'd rather spend that time running!

QOTD: I have a fairly good sense of direction. On a trail or outdoors I rarely get lost, at least I usually know which direction I am supposed to go, but when I'm driving, anything is possible. Then I can get lost even with the GPS on 

Run for fun.

LB2

Not a whole lot this weekend. But I did do a hill workout Sunday morning that went much better than I expected. I was pleased.

QOTD: My sense of direction is very good. I credit my dad for that and the Marines. My dad would always quiz us while we were hunting, usually when we were on hunts that involved miles and miles of walking, squirrel hunting. And, I used to have to call air strikes from time to time when I was in the Marines. I was always good with maps, and often times our officers would double check things with me. Even when you are not in war, you need to know exactly where you are and exactly where the live ordinance will fall when you are "calling for air". They drop it where you call it, and you had to go through a rather complicated series of letters that corresponded to numbers on a 6 digit grid coordinate. I did not really like doing that. I don't think there were many fail-safes on that procedure at the time. Basically, it was a 19 year old kid saying "This is where you need to drop the bombs." Thus, I took it upon myself to be familiar with the topo map and compass.

LB2