Trailer Trash

Tuesday Slackers (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

Are we all slacking today? Or just out running so much that we haven't had a chance to post? Well, count me in for the former. I'm now working up a plan C as my two previous plans have failed. Did get out to the gym yesterday as I couldn't take another day of running in the rain. And I needed to do some strengthwork.

qotd: Favorite fall treat? Mine is apple pie (or crisp) made with apples fresh from the orchard. We have a crate of apples and this might be tomorrow's baking.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I've just finally caught up on a weekend's worth of RA and FB posts and my email. Should have my RR for NC 24 ready later today.

qotd: Can't really think of any special treats found only in Fall that I would classify as favorites.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Definitely slacking around here.  I did get in 5 indoor track miles last night as DD had volleyball practice.  It was fun weaving in and out of people who don't seem to know how to walk the same way.  I plan on getting in something tonight.  Distance and place tbd.

George - congrats again.  I saw the winner ran a ridiculous 160 miles.  Wow! 

I hope the queen is recouping ok.

QOTD: Good timing as my boss brought in apple crisp, freshly made this morning, for our department. So good.  I like a good apple pie too.  I like the apples soft, not the crunchy apple pies.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George - congrats again.  I saw the winner ran a ridiculous 160 miles.  Wow! 

I hope the queen is recouping ok.

The winner in my AG ran 100.731, though that's a little short of the 110+ that the winner of my AG ran last year.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I'm hoping to get out for 6 or 7 tonight.  There's still some lingering t-storms in the area though, so there's opportunity for slacking.

QOTD:  They arrive early in fall, but I love the local corn upstate.  We go to the farm to get them.  Tomatoes are really good too, but the season for them is near over.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

<---- Major slack right there

QOTD: PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE!  Okay, just kidding.  I figured someone had to say it!  Although I do tend to get one per year, just to satisfy the basic white girl in me.  Real answer...apple cider donuts while apple picking.  Guess I should go do that by myself this year.  Ugh.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Totally slacking today.  No run...feeling pretty good.  Have to drive 5 hours for work today and than a meeting tomorrow.

QOTD:  Apple pie is a good one.  Our tree did not produce anything this year..  It has a diseases.  I did pick a Chinese pear off our tree and it was out of this world good!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

back from our bison hunt- 40-ish miles (~4500' of gain) in three days, about 20 miles with 75-100-ish lb packs!    full trip report in the near future

just getting gear cleaned up, dried up and put away today; maybe a short hike with Tiny E later

qotd: elk tenderloins

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Raining here again. Enough already. Someone sign me up for Indian summer.

Ran last night, 6 miles, my usual route on the local trail. Went round and round and had a decent time for the loop despite some odd aches in my knees when I started. I told them to go away and they did. Today, just gym stuff so far. Not too motivated for a run as I am sick of grey and rain but I will likely do something short after work. Usually makes me feel better.

QOTD: I would like some of your apple crisp! Not a big baker here, nor is my wife. I am now transitioning back to apples on my oatmeal instead of nectarines, so there is that.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

I'll do 3 mi after work today.  I need to concentrate on a slacker pace.

QoN - you earned slacker status for about a week!!!

qotd:  McIntosh apples.  They bruise easily so they don't travel well and we can't get them down here.  But when I lived in northern NJ we used to go apple picking all the time.  Miss those macs.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Taking a TURD today.  One of those tired days where I can barely get up. First one like this in over 3 weeks. Thought I was done with this shit, but had a sore neck yesterday, and that's usually the warning that a bad day is coming.

Oh yea, Pumpkin-In-Everything-Season is here. Truest meme ever!

QOTD:  Local apple harvest is underway, and I live in Apple Country USA.  Pippins are being picked now.  This weekend is Pippinfest down the road in Fairfield, PA. Next weekend is the National Apple Harvest Festival, about 1 mile away from us, and the weened after that is Colorfest in Thurmont, MD (near the Catoctin 50k course).  I like apple pie, apple crisp and apple cider.  I'm sure in 3 weeks I'll be sick of them.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ran a little loop this morning, sticking to the gravel roads. It is super muddy on the trail, and this is a bad time for snakes.

Warden: That is awesome!! I can hardly wait to hear about the hunt.

QOTD: Apple pie!!!

LB2

moonlightrunner

Slacking here. Picking up pizza to take home for our dinner. I may run later, but I am sore from yesterday. I made a solid effort to run fast-for-me...and now I hurt.

QOTD: apples and any treat to be made with them...or just all by themselves...with caramel.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k