Trailer Trash

Muggy Monday. (Read 18 times)

LB2

I ran 5 good ones this morning before the sun rose.

QOTD: Are you very strict in your training regime leading up to an event?

I try to be, but I feel like I am behind on my long runs so far this summer. However, I tend to peak too early and start my taper too soon. Thus, my plan is to build up more slowly to avoid burnout prior to Pinhoti.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

3.5 miles with Tiny E before the sun came up and I did "Cindy" (AT feel free to chime in ) 5 pullups/10 pushups/15 air squats as many round as you can do in 20 minutes- got 18 rounds (the last time I did it a month or so ago I only got 15)

qotd: my "regime" stays pretty much the same year round- 30-40 miles/week with one long run (between 12 and 20); I also found that I was tapering too early though- I try to get some short/easy runs almost up to the event

from this weekend's 20 mile mountain loop- we hit four different lakes and caught fish at each one 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Might do 5 miles or so this evening with the Lady to shake out the quad soreness from a short trail race.

Yesterday I ran a 15k trail race. The Chobot Challenge 15k (dedicated to the son of a local trail runner who passed way too early in life 4 years ago) out at Birdsboro Watershed. Surprisingly easy course for out there but with 5 creek crossings plenty of fun. This was a USATF off road point series so I did not expect an AG placing. Might have been 6th or 7th in the 50-59 AG. It doesn't really matter. Objective achieved with some faster running (tempo effort I suppose based on my breathing) and I covered the course, an easy one by Pretzel City Sports standards, in 1:26 and change. Best part was running it in with this 16 y/o girl named Bix who was so full of youth and what lies ahead in life. She refused to drop me over the final mile. It was so funny, and in a way made me smile happy smiles. Oh, did not get passed the last 5k, except for Bix, who finished just a second ahead of me.

Orthopod appointment today. I feel sort of stupid now that I am running again but would not mind getting the MRI just to see if anything out of the ordinary is going on in my knee. Plus well, deductible and copay all met for the year so it would be a freebie in a way. So I am going to push for that plus a week of running does not mean I am out of the woods with this knee stuff.

QOTD: I would not call anything I do regimented these days. I do ensure I run adequate mileage and long runs, but I am sort of an every other 2-3 weeks long run sort of person when training for an ultra. The thing I should focus on more is the tempo stuff.

Warden - Those be some rocks! I will let the fairer sex comment about the length of your pole. Big grin

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

XT: Did you get into Pinhoti?

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Been running, daily, even increasing my mileage a bit.  Otherwise been super busy with summer family stuff.  Counting down to vacation in 3 weeks at Chincoteague.  Morning beach runs here I come!

QOTD: What is a training plan?  I guess that answers the question.  I know what I need to shoot for in regards to mileage and long runs but I have to be flexible due to a lack of time for running.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

Great pictures mtwarden!

5.6 miles around town on dead legs.

QOTD   I have no goals for now.  When I do have a plan I stick to it pretty good.

AT-runner

Tim

2 weeks as of today.  Another week and I'll start some flat running which is really impossible anywhere near me.

Badwater starts today. Only know 1 runner (Kieth Straw) this year. Don't think I could ever do that race with the heat. Would like to see it some day and experience how hot it can really get.

Warden - Did Cindy like you pole?

QOTD:  I follow a strict outline as far as weeks go, but change things up to accommodate for weather and other things. Example, If I'm not feeling like a long run on Sunday, I'll move it to Tuesday.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Badwater starts today. Only know 1 runner (Kieth Straw) this year. Don't think I could ever do that race with the heat. Would like to see it some day and experience how hot it can really get.

I know one guy in it for sure. I think the rest of the people I know are over there to crew him, Jean Aponte'. I don't want to get that hot.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

no complaints from Cindy 

can you imagine me at Badwater!!!  I'm pissing and moaning in the upper 70's

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ate something bad and felt like shit all day Saturday...so literally laid on the couch all day.  I was going to run Sunday with group but they were driving up the hill a bit and that was 2 hours I could spend making up for time on the couch.  So took my dogs and planned on 18 but I couldn't get going...I felt like crap, no energy, couldn't catch my breath, told myself if I hadn't warmed up by 3 miles I would turn around and go home...so I did.  Luckily today I had a running date so I had to go.  We ran 7 but I am not so sure I am over whatever is haunting my inners!! 

QOTD:  Definitely!  I schedule a race in a certain distance, don't train for it, and I taper by switching to a shorter race. 

Gatsby:  Don't know if you remember scrapster..she did the double also this past weekend.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

told myself if I hadn't warmed up by 3 miles I would turn around and go home...so I did.  Luckily today I had a running date so I had to go.  We ran 7 but I am not so sure I am over whatever is haunting my inners!! 

It typically takes me at least 2 miles to warm up, sometimes 5.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Gatsby:  Don't know if you remember scrapster..she did the double also this past weekend.

Gatsby - can't wait to read your RR about your Double this weekend. Congratulations.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Somewhat late but here's a few photos from my Powderface race and hiking in the days following:

Approaching the turn around at Powderface 21K

Another view from the course

Hiking the next day

And the day following

And my final day hiking

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Nice country George! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √