Trailer Trash

Fu<£ing hot Fridaily (Read 17 times)

LB2

I planned on 3 hours, but that never happened. I had a gift certificate to a sporting goods store that is way overpriced, so I bought a box of shotgun shells, turkey loads. I had a great spring as far as killing turkeys, but my shooting was horrible. I had to shoot three times at both turkeys I killed. In my defense, I was not the primary shooter for those hunts, so I was very surprised when I ended up having to shoot, long stories...I also cut the yard before the storm, and I did spend an hour or two hiking on the trails today, though. I got them all cleaned up for when I do run, maybe in the morning before I take a friend fishing. I was going to hit it this afternoon, but we had a torrential downpour with lightning hit, so I drank a beer instead.

QOTD: I went to one or two, but the girl who always planned them passed away unexpectedly at like 40 years old. We only had 30 people in our class, small school. I see the folks I want to when I want to. I did go to one reunion, but that was only because a friend I hadn't seen in awhile came back for it. Actually, it just happened to happen when he was visiting his mom or something.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Last longish run before Montour - 9.1 miles. Waited out the thunder and lightning and didn't even get wet - except for sweating.

qotd: Never been to one of my HS reunions. I thought about going to my 50th, but everything seemed to be so formal with very little arranged to be able to just mingle and chat. Didn't seem worth it to go simply out of curiosity about what happened to people I've not bothered to maintain contact with.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.