Trailer Trash

go Cuse Mondaily (Read 20 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Had a nice snowshoe/run trip yesterday

strength training this evening

qotd: on a run do you carry a watch?  gps watch? smart phone?  other?  most of my local runs I just wear my everyday watch; if I'm in remote or unfamiliar country I carry my iphone loaded with Gaiagps software- showing me maps, allowing me to track etc (gives me a camera too)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I didn't have much time over the weekend for a long trail run so I did the unthinkable - I headed for the gym.  A total of 7.5 TM miles and almost an hour on the stair machine but mixed them up so I wasn't too bored.  It was a good workout and gave me the equivalent of maybe 15+ miles.  Hopefully I will get in some decent runs this week but the weather looks crappy - wind and rain.

QOTD: On longer runs, I will have my phone on me but I do not use it other than to take pictures.  As for a watch, sometimes but it's a dumb watch so just tracking overall time.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

5.9 hilly trail miles yesterday.

QOTD I usually have Garmin with and I have my phone. I like to listen to podcasts on my phone. I also get calls from customers,   it's easier to talk right away than play phone tag for a week .

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!  I'm back in Los Estados Unidos!    Miss me?  I managed to run a few times on vacation.  I'll post some pictures here shortly.

Came home to reality -- cloudy skies and drizzle.  But reality also includes being able to drink from the tap, flushing toilet paper, and not needing to slather myself in sunscreen every time I stepped out the door.  So there's that.

I ran 7 yesterday and might do an easy instant run tonight.  We'll see.

QOTD: I almost always wear my Garmin.  I don't carry a phone unless I'm wearing my pack.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

A couple of weeks ago we bought a new tractor to keep up with things around the property.  It took awhile to decide on which one. I was kind of happy with the medium size one but DW wanted the bigger one. I accused her of wanting to spend more money, she said that bigger is better .  But anyway, then I had to sell my old lawn tractor.  Found a buyer for that pretty quickly but then with the events surrounding my BIL dying the buyer and I couldn't seem to make a date work for him to come and pick it up. We both finally took some time off from work to get the deal done this morning. He just left with it.

It's a rainy, dreary day so I'll use today to get things caught up around the house and run some errands and just do a shorter 7-8 mile run.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!  I'm back in Los Estados Unidos!    Miss me? 

Of course we missed you Mandy, It was boring around here.  Now get those pictures posted .

QOTD: I'm using my BiPolar  watch. I think it's the 210. The HR monitor strap quit working years ago and now the watch is giving me problems. Sometimes it doesn't save my times, other times it saves the same run multiple times only to delete it from memory several days later.  One of these days it'll quit and I'll have to buy another one. Just can't decide what one I want to go with. I want something with HR monitoring but can't decide on a chest strap or just one that measures off the wrist.

Gator eye

Lots of cold rain and sleet this morning, it is a good time to take a rest day.

QOTD: o few years ago I wouldn't leave home without a gps watch now I can't even remember where I put it. I use to try and follow a set pace for ever run but decided that a set pace kind of sucks the fun right out of running  and the watch ended up  somewhere in the basement

runtraildc

Might be a rest day, with some strength work at the gym.  We got back from NC last night and head north to new england tomorrow.  In the meantime, DS broke a window in the basement so we're trying to fix that before we go.   Don't want to leave DH with extra house repairs.

qotd:  I wear my basic garmin 110.  And sometimes I do carry my phone.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Didn't get up so plan is to run after work probably six. I am going back to the gym at lunch...it's been over 2 weeks since I hurt my back.  It's still sore so I am a bit afraid of the gym.

QOTD:  I where a garmin on my runs.  Long runs I bring my phone for pictures.  I need something for short runs so I can carry my camera.  LB2 has a flip belt but every time I ask him how it works and would it work with a phone he ignores me.    Anybody else have something they use to carry a small thing so you don't have to wear a full pack?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sue check out Ultimate Directions Essentials belt- might be exactly what you're looking for.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

9 miles today on the road at lunchtime. I put some effort out instead of my usual slacker pace. Maybe even a few sub8 minute miles. Whoa boy! I might run a few more later with the Lady when darkness falls.

QOTD: I carry a timex watch. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. But does not track mileage. Perfect!

Runtrail - Saw your snaky photos. I don't like snakes either. Only seen them while running a few times. Worst was a big rattler in Palo Duro Canyon.

DayDreamer - Bipolar watch... so one mile it records 13 minute/mile pace, and the next on 6 minute/mile pace, eh?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from a combination run and walk with DW. I ran about 6 1/2 miles then met her and walked home almost 2 more miles.  Wind was so strong at times it was difficult to run into it and when it hit you in the back we probably could have become human tumbleweeds if we wanted to.

DayDreamer - Bipolar watch... so one mile it records 13 minute/mile pace, and the next on 6 minute/mile pace, eh?

Not quite like that with the watch. That's my Nike run app on my phone. That thing has given me some interesting data in the past.

Sandy-2

Took a SRD Monday and today I'm going to run after work.

mt, that looks like a very grey day. Good thing you weren't skiing it looks like it would have been one of those 'flat light days'.

qotd: I only where an old watch, like XT, just a Timex.  Every once in a while I'll bring a phone and use mapmyrun to track and navigate.

tbd.