Trailer Trash

Not quite the weekend Thursday (Read 25 times)

runtraildc

After skipping my planned run on Tuesday, I got out last night with the running group.  5 very fast miles.  I paired up with a very tall, long legged runner.  I kept telling myself that it was his long legs, but then he talked about just getting trained up to be able to run past 5k.  And then another runner I know, who is 5 feet and maybe 90 lbs comes crushing right past us. So there goes my theory. But I did have at least 15 years on them both. This group meets at the bar, but I had left my wallet at home.  Next week.

qotd: What are your 5 favorite foods?  Donuts, lemonade, coffee, ice cream and steak. If I get 6 to add a vegetable, I would add beets. or snap peas.

have a good day, trailers!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I wussed out on my run last night.  Good thing it is race week!

DC - long legs does not necessarily equal fast - trust me 

QOTD: Pizza, ice cream, fruit smoothie, skittles, & ice cream.  (yes I know I said ice cream twice!)

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Hey everyone. I'm alive. But I have had a little more trouble making turkeys not alive than most seasons. I've been hiking/walking a lot and running pretty much none since about March 27th. We have had all sorts of issues this spring in life. My brother in law died a week ago today. He was 39 years old. It is a tragic situation, but the old boy had his business in order. So, his wife and kids should be just fine once the initial grief is over. I'll be back on a strict running schedule next week.

QOTD: Cheeseburgers, pound cake, pizza, ice cream, and fried wild turkey breast.

LB2

muppy

9.1 relaxing miles along the beach in  Ocean City,MD.

I'll second Jamie, longlegs don't make me fast.

LB2,  sorry to hear about the brother in law!

QOTD  so many choices, 1. smoked brisket, 2.peanut butter ripple ice cream, 3.  Fresh strawberries 4.  Farm fresh cantaloupe 5.miniature peanut butter cups

Gator eye

DC- I never let a simple thing like no wallet stop me from going into the bar for a drink.

we hit the road for another 10 this morning.

QOTD: cake, pie, ice cream, fish, and beer

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

LB2 - sorry - 39 is way too young!

muppy - yes, fresh strawberries.  I have to take away the second ice cream and add strawberries!

Gator - beer is now a food?!?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice run last night; SRD today (save biking to work)- going to try and run the 30k course Saturday one last time (race is 2 weeks out)- maybe I should run something shorter??????

Thoughts?

qotd: cheeseburger, cheesecake, steak, pizza and yes beer is food 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

7.5 sunny warm breezy miles on the road at lunchtime. I ran into town and back. Nothing exciting to report.

QOTD: cheeseburgers, beer, eggs, coffee, strawberries

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Yesterday I stacked two runs. The first was on the mountain by myself,  then DS wanted to go for a 10k loop after getting home from work. Ended up getting in 21 miles. Longest day of the year and the legs feel decent. Stopped and watched several real big deer in a clearing. They knew something was there but it took them a while to get alarmed enough to jump into the woods. Didn't see any fawns with them and they didn't have any obvious antler growth so I'm not sure if they were buck or doe. If they were doe it's a little troubling that I didn't see any fawns although they could have had them hidden yet.

Planning on a slow 7.4 mile loop around the house later this evening.

LB2 - Sorry to hear about your B.I.L.  Jamie is right, 39 is too young to die.   I was wondering how turkey season was going for you.  It's about ready to start up here. I haven't been seeing many while running, but I'll still be careful where and when I run so I don't mess up someones hunt.

Warden - If your legs aren't feeling too tired and abused I'd run it and just take it easy. If find if I cut back too soon my legs are dead on race day.

QOTD:  Grilled cheeseburger, Fried chicken, chocolate, pizza, cream filled donuts.  Hmmmmm.......... Why is everything I like fattening .

Oh, BTW. Beer is not a food.  Growing hops is a waste of good ground.  Ground that could instead be planted with grapes for some nice sweet wine or apples for some hard cider .

(Daydreamer now ducks for cover and hustles outside to do some yard work before the other forumites hang him ).

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Warden - If your legs aren't feeling too tired and abused I'd run it and just take it easy. If find if I cut back too soon my legs are dead on race day.

Good advice. I'll see how my legs feel and just take it nice and easy. The loop lends itself well to be able to bail  easy enough if I'm never feeling it.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

LB2 - Sorry to hear about your B.I.L.  Jamie is right, 39 is too young to die.   I was wondering how turkey season was going for you.  It's about ready to start up here. I haven't been seeing many while running, but I'll still be careful where and when I run so I don't mess up someones hunt.

Thank you, and thank you all.

It is going great. I just took the first week off and had terrible weather. I killed a really good one on Saturday on a perfect hunt (I went to him when he gobbled on the roost, and he came in strutting and gobbling all the way), and I could have killed another one yesterday. But they were across the fence on a place I did not know, and I was a guest. So, I didn't want to create a problem with the neighbor. However, I suspect that if the host had been in a position to shoot we would have been crossing the fence and running back across with a dead turkey. As long as I get one in a manner that I think noble (calling him up to my position rather than trying to sneak up to his position), I am happy with my season. Yesterday, I snuck up on them, so I wasn't all that fired up about shooting one. But if I hadn't killed one already, I would have probably shot him.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

QOTD:  Wine, cheese, pizza, really good bread, vegi:  corn on cob.  Fruit: Strawberries

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.4 miles easy.

QOTD: fudge, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, Moo Shu lamb, fish and clam chowders

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Flew back to Korea today, it's just a short hop.  But I had a 1am phone conference last night so today is a SRD for me.

Burke, sorry to to hear about your B.I.L.

qotd: steak, pizza, ice cream, chocolate and curry. (At least those are the first 5 things that came to mind right away.)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL