Trailer Trash

Maheim Monday (Read 17 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Back to say hi again, I'll explain later.

I was at Eastern States/Call of the Wild over the weekend, cheering on runners, inofficially directing them to the finish line (the last S-shaped bend after the runners come out of the woods off the trail was not really marked clearly enough for some of the later finishers in a slightly depleted mental state after 102+miles in brutal heat and humidity), but mainly just to spend a few days away from it all camping out with my kids.

I I saw keystone, but did not walk up to talk to him, and chatted with a few other runners whom I know, and I guess I might try to get back into ultra running again.

I followed keystone's progress, which was hard because due to the remoteness, the live tracking was delayed by several hours. Unfortunately he dropped early on already, apparently at mile 17. It was already very hot and humid then, just to rise up to 93 degrees with a dew point at 76 (heat index 105) in the early afternoon. Not even two strong storms with lots of rain brought significant relief. It might have been the hottest ES100 of all three races so far.

However, a surprisingly high number of runners finished, considering the heat, most of them in 33 to 36 hours. Even some top runners took 31, 32, and 33+ hours to finish.

So all this voluntary suffering (of others) brought my mind back to ultra running again, and here I am, good as new (literally, as I have not run in almost 6 months now). Not sure how to start up again, but may be trying again in the near future.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Welcome back... We missed you... Gkad you had funwith your kiddos

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Back to say hi again, I'll explain later.

I was at Eastern States/Call of the Wild over the weekend, cheering on runners, inofficially directing them to the finish line (the last S-shaped bend after the runners come out of the woods off the trail was not really marked clearly enough for some of the later finishers in a slightly depleted mental state after 102+miles in brutal heat and humidity), but mainly just to spend a few days away from it all camping out with my kids.

I I saw keystone, but did not walk up to talk to him, and chatted with a few other runners whom I know, and I guess I might try to get back into ultra running again.

I followed keystone's progress, which was hard because due to the remoteness, the live tracking was delayed by several hours. Unfortunately he dropped early on already, apparently at mile 17. It was already very hot and humid then, just to rise up to 93 degrees with a dew point at 76 (heat index 105) in the early afternoon. Not even two strong storms with lots of rain brought significant relief. It might have been the hottest ES100 of all three races so far.

However, a surprisingly high number of runners finished, considering the heat, most of them in 33 to 36 hours. Even some top runners took 31, 32, and 33+ hours to finish.

So all this voluntary suffering (of others) brought my mind back to ultra running again, and here I am, good as new (literally, as I have not run in almost 6 months now). Not sure how to start up again, but may be trying again in the near future.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday