Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 32 times)

Watoni

I did about 5 with a headlamp last night while dinner was in the oven for the family.

It is raining here and I am planning to run another 5 at lunch. Sticking to the town horse trails since the ankle is a bit weak but turnover feels ok and it is nice to be out running.

QOTD: Not really. We had some weather in Alaska but nothing real bad. The weather was actually great for trail running!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Wow, I never knew that we had so many "sailors" among us. Very impressive experiences!

traildc: I've been to the Aleutian Islands, too. I liked them, their seal colonies reminded me of the public pool in my hometown, with all the noises and commotion.

And if anyone thinks they have bad weather, here's how it could always be worse: The people on these islands consider a summer gorgeous if it has 7 days with sunshine. A regular summer has an average of 5 days. 

Of course, "summer" is only June and July.

Run for fun.

LB2

LB2:  Ya how the hell can you get going that fast in that short of distance.  I have a feeling your a low driver anyways because you are looking into the woods for turkeys or unknown to you trails!  You must have pulled out of your driveway after the speeder passed.

I actually talked to my police chief, and he asked me if there was someone coming toward me and in front of the trooper. There was a car coming toward me. He then said that he would have bet any amount of money that the trooper thought he had the radar checking behind him but actually had it backwards. He said that happens more often than one might think. And, I do drive slow. In fact, I was looking in a field for a deer this morning. I had seen a couple of nice bucks out there a few weeks ago. I figured I crossed the center line and he was pulling me over for improper lane usage. Monday morning I saw a very nice gobbler in another field.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Worked until 6 am, got home went to bed, slept longer then I wanted to.  Now I'm heading back into work until 11 pm. All this equal no running or other workouts.

QOTD: I used to try to go deep sea fishing. It rarely went well as I tend to get seasick.  One time we were out off the New Jersey coast on a 50-60 ft boat, a storm was coming in and the captain waited a little too long to head back to shore because the fishing was good. He told us that the Coast Guard was not happy with him for staying out so long with a pleasure craft.  I was so sick I wouldn't have cared if I died. The temp drooped to almost freezing and I was sitting at the front of the cabin with icy spray breaking over the bow,  frozen to the bone.  Part of me didn't care and part of me just couldn't stand going inside with the smell of everyone puking.  Towards the end it started to become fun, because I tend to get sick only when the boat is sitting still then I get better when it's cruising.

I don't make a good sailor.

XtremeTaper

Sunny and cold here still but less windy today which led to a fairly pleasant 7 miles on the road at lunchtime. I picked up the Lady for the final 2.5 mile figure 8 spin around the hood.

QOTD: I think once there were some rough seas while we were on an anniversary cruise with my parents. Slept like a baby. Also once taking the boat from Long Beach to Catalina Island there were some decent swells causing many passengers to break out the barf bags. I believe I had a beer instead.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

some call me Tim

Couple more miles on the snowshoes in instant winter wonderland(to say nothing of all the shoveling) - not complaining!

Hey AT, I live just south of Buffalo. We got about 4 feet yesterday but some friends have definitely gotten more. Couple more feet expected tonight in a separate storm. I love it! The family's all together just taking care of the basics. We lost power for a bit there but with a fireplace even that's not terrible. I'd hate to work for the power company right now, though.

Qotd: nope!

AT-runner

Tim

Hey AT, I live just south of Buffalo. We got about 4 feet yesterday but some friends have definitely gotten more. Couple more feet expected tonight in a separate storm. I love it! The family's all together just taking care of the basics. We lost power for a bit there but with a fireplace even that's not terrible. I'd hate to work for the power company right now, though.

No white stuff in central PA yet, but I love your attitude.  Fireplace and family is all you really need.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Wednesday evening here I did a nice 5 miles after work.  Went along the beach so it was flat. I then had a Web Conference with colleagues back in the US.  Ended up staying up way too late so I will probably not get a run in today (Thurs) since I slept in and have to go to a dinner tonight.

Sandy: This one is for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmlTk_3NN_g .

FTYC: Actually that ship is certified by my company and I know it quite well since I worked on the engineering analysis.  Good to see that it is doing well, we did a lot of stress and fatigue analyses to make sure it could handle such stuff.  At the time that ship was the largest containership in the world (about 3 1/2 football fields long), but it has since been dwarfed by a few new designs.  It was built at Odense SY in Denmark (a nice area to visit and run by the way.)  Thanks for sharing it.

qotd: Yup, was on a large school ship way back when that hit some pretty good seas.  I've been on countless smaller ferries (50 to 75 footers) in some pretty rough stuff. I grew up on the water and it doesn't bother me.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sandy: I did a lot of work on material fatigue, and when I see images like the video, it always reminds me of that.

Only thing I regret is that all that work on fatigue does not help at all in running ultras.

Run for fun.