Trailer Trash

Sweet Saturdailies (Read 33 times)

I was feeling lazy and considered staying in, but Marley insisted on running. I was glad because we had a great morning on the trail. We did a fast 5 miles.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing like a good running partner to get you out the door TT.  Earl is knocking on the door to go out right now but too early to let him since he will bark up a storm.  I'm getting ready to head out for 10 today.  It's a three day weekend so I also am planning at least 20 tomorrow.  Heading to Michigan for the next two weekends so doubt I will get long runs in while there.

QOTD: Who irritated you the most yesterday or if later in the day today?  Who made you the happiest and what did they do?  First names only.

Sheila-New employee at work who is supervised by someone else and performance poorly and very unprofessional.  Unfortunately someone else supervises her so they will probably pass her probation.

Mom and Dad on Sckype last night.  Man is my Mom demanding and rude to my Dad but he just laughs and giggles at her.  Married 55 years so I guess they have that all figured out...oh and Dad drinks a lot of wine. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

We are heading out for 10-12 on the AT.  Cold and windy right now (16 degrees with 15-20 mph winds), so I'm procrastinating.   We had 2" of snow last night so all the little rocks will be hidden.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

QOTD:  Irritated - (this was easy) I had a patient who was treating my receptionist very poorly because he "didn't have time to fill out the bull shit paper work" (which is required every year).  I went in the waiting room and told him "what if I said I don't have time for rude patients".  Then I asked him to apologize to my now tearful receptionist.  He did, and all was well.

Happy - DD #2 decided to change her major and college and got accepted into the University of West Virginia's nursing school yesterday.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm heading out soon to meet NorthernHarrier for a snowshoe run/walk/hike/oh god I am out of shape.

QOTD: (Interesting one, Sue.)

Irritated?  My boss.  Actually, she wasn't too bad yesterday, but she pretty much irritates me daily because she's nuts.

Happiest?  I went out last night with some friends who I hadn't seen in a while and that was fun.

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

Did a last little shake-down run (abt 3 or 4 easy miles) before tomorrow's 26.2er.  Great weather here, about 38 deg.  Tomorrow it's supposed to be 45 to 60 with calm winds during the marathon, perfect.  Although, I'm planning on cruising, just kind of low-key day for me.

Thanks for all the kind words this week, you guys are why I hang around here.  I've worked for my company for 34 years, I guess they decided that I'm not going away so they may as well promote me...  LOL.

qotd:

Some asshole - guy cut me off in traffic, that was irritating.

Devan - she is starting an internship with the local DA and will go to court next week.  She needed some nice new clothes so my DW and I took her shopping, a process she (and the rest of us) really hates.  Half way thru a bit frustrated because "nothing fit" she just took a deep breath, sucked it up, and said "let do this thing".  True grit I guess....   In the end she cleaned up quite nicely I might add!!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Occasional Runner

6 road miles followed by a killer core workout. I'm headed out now for a long trail run with my running group and then an after party at the trailhead. And that is why I like to run in groups!

QOTD: I don't think I had any emotional swings yesterday.

runtraildc

Heading out for 5 miles shortly, after I get more mentally prepared for the cold, brisk wind.  I can't put it off too long though, since it is a swim meet weekend and we're between sessions.

qotd:  Yesterday was a pretty mellow day.  If I were to pick anything annoying, it would be toward an inanimate object.  the truck that caught on fire on a major road, closing the road at rush hour.  Didn't get to the pool for practice (and my planned second run of the day).  I feel bad for the owner/driver.

Happy:  DS#2, watching our favorite show on netflix together.

moonlightrunner

My planned runs the last two days have not happened...I don't know if I will get out today either. My DD and her two babies moved in AGAIN a couple days ago....and that throws me off. Two adults, two babies (16 mo and 4 months), two cats and a dog...all in a 1br apt!

Qotd: most irritating...me...because I did not make myself get out and run.

happiest:t 16 no old grandson. He always makes me smile!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jonferg67

Endless trails

Just got back from 14 road miles. Recovering from mild hypothermia after 2 hours in

the cold rain, I underdressed. It hurts to run long on pavement, that's the longest

road run I've done in years.

QOTD: No major irritations recently, lots of little ones though.

Last night I went out to eat with my lovely wife, that made me happy.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

18.3 miles this morning; 0.8 with Weston, then 8.5 on trails with HATRs and 9 solo in Mercer park. 32*F with occasional ice pellets/hail and snow. Hail on the trail is like sprinkles on my donut! Unfortunately my "hat" today was a neck warmer, so the pellets were bouncing off of my bald scalp. A long muddy run, and discovered an excellent new trail or two. Funny what you discover when you take a different turn than usual; I've run past this trail dozens of times, but never turned in.
                      14.02 pace, including some bushwacking over downed trees and pit stops.

QOTD:  Worst: Women next to me at the movies who were talking too much.  Best: My wife, for going to the movies with me to see "Frozen"..with no kids.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

sugnim

Howdy, trailers.  I got in a hilly 9 mile run this morning as the sun came up.  Afterward I had pancake breakfast at the local running store as part of a fundraiser for a member of the running club who is having some health difficulties & needs to go to the Mayo Clinic in 2 weeks.

QOTD: Judge____ irritated me the most yesterday by ruling against a client of ours who clearly was the victim of religious discrimination as she was passed over for a promotion in a state run hospital because she refused to read a religious pamphlet that her supervisor decided handed out to those who applied for the promotion.  Time to appeal, and kick some ass for her.

My sister made me the happiest because she made me blackened salmon tacos with mango salsa and banana milkshakes for dinner!  It was so yummy!

ceezy

Cut tracks in fresh snow for most of the run.

Ended up with 6, wanted more but came up with a variety of excuses to cut it short.

Enjoy your Saturday and long weekend (if you have one).

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Evening all,

Got in 14 on the trails before the sun went down.  Trails were a muddy mess and there were very few people out.  I saw nothing in the form of wildlife, but on the way home I saw 2 deer frolicking in the snow and a big mean looking Tom in someone's front yard in the middle of suburbia.

QOTD: I wasn't really irritated, but I acted like it yesterday when I got done cooking dinner and found that the TV had magically changed channels from "Survival Alaska" to "Say Yes to the Dress".  I'm just happy she's excited.  She also made me very happy when she complimented the food I cooked.

**Ask me about streaking**

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

beautiful 10 mile loop in the mountains this afternoon, almost 3000' of elevation!

qotd: amazingly I can't think of anyone who irritated me yesterday???  my DW for reasons I can't disclose Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

ElfRunner25

Wannabe Ultrarunner

Slept through my first two alarms this morning so put in a quick 17 minutes before heading into work. Got to work and found out I wasn't scheduled til 9. Could have run AND slept more.

Ought to have gone for a real run when I got home tonight, but didn't.

QOTD: I try not to hang onto the annoyances unless they're funny enough to make a good story. Only person to annoy me that much yesterday was me. My techs make me laugh most days, though, and usually intentionally.

Race schedule: a 50k. Sometime. This year. Maybe a 5k too. Maybe races in between as well.