Trailer Trash

Too quiet Tuesday? (Read 27 times)

runtraildc

Everyone must be working hard or playing hard to post this morning, so I'll start us off.   No running, but I'll get in 45 min on the elliptical and some core work in at the gym.  I'm missing running, but also enjoying cross training.

Sandy, it's great to hear about DD and Mongolia!  When is the race, exactly?  (hoping it's not mid-August...)

qotd:  What did you get in trouble the most for when you were younger?  Me, my mouth always got me in trouble (still does), I've learned to filter better as I've gotten older, but I've always have spoken my mind and it's gotten me in trouble more than anything.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I had a nice 5.5 with the boys this morning.  It's going to be a hot one today.  Poor Jackie was feeling the heat already and dragging a bit at the end.

QOTD:  Drinking..having parties at my parents house.    I guess when I was really young according to my Mom I was a "little bitch!"  Ouch!!

Sandy:  Exciting about your daughter.  What about Tevis, are you guys coming out for it this year?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Have to hang around the house today.  I'm waiting for a guy to come and give me a quote on some paving and seal coating work that I need done for my driveways. If he doesn't show up or call by 5 I'll head out for a run. Unfortunately this means it will be on the roads. Probably 7+ miles.

QOTD: Perfect little angel here .  I always had this thing about procrastinating. That would get me into a lot of trouble at school. Never was getting my work assignments done on time.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Hot as hell here, broke a record yesterday, might today as well

rode the the bike to work, will run tomorrow am early (headlamp early)

qotd: always had a little class clown in me, teachers didn't find the humor

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

10 mile loop of some logging roads and the AT.  Talked to 2 through hikers who were going South and they said they heard about getting frozen Snickers from some NoBo's.  Really wish I had some for them but I wasn't planning on running the AT today, it just worked out that way.  Maybe Thursday I'll jump South and run towards them.  They should be at MD line by then.

QOTD:  Another "Class Clown" here as well.  When I turned 50, my mother made me a scrapbook and she had a report card from 3rd grade.  In the comments it said I "...talked too much in class and always had a wise crack ready as an answer, but otherwise a joy to teach". (Yes, my Mom saved everything.)

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Getting out a little later for a few mountain miles. Really looking forward to it!

QOTD: My desire for adventure. I did some "independent traveling" at the age of 12, played pranks on teachers and school janitors, skipped school at that time, too, tried smoking, drinking, partying, arguing and testing limits everywhere, and had questionable friends, until I turned 16. Spent a night in the county jail being detained for underage drinking, and ended up at the hospital a few times for injuries and all. Strangely enough, I still was good in school and at sports, although teachers didn't seem to appreciate my "learning by adventure".

After that time, I became a more responsible member of the community, and the only thing that sometimes still gets me into trouble today is my free spirit and expressing it, not always at the best time, or in a perfectly acceptable manner. 

Run for fun.

XtremeTaper

Taper madness off day today from running. Ran an untimed 6 last night on the hilly trails of Coventry Woods. A storm was blowing in but alas we finished just before the rain started pouring down. The drive back home it started to pour. Sometimes I like the rain during a warm summer run.

QOTD: I had issues with authority figures, especially my HS vice principal. My sophomore or junior year I got suspended for skipping 4th period study hall. I saw no reason to go sit in a room for 4th period, which happened to be the period that straddled the lunch break. A 90 minute lunch break and doing my own thing seemed to make more sense to me. Well, after a month or more of successful long lunches the man caught up to me and suspended me for a week. It happened to be during spring, and when I checked in on my return I thanked him for the mini-break and told him I enjoyed my time on the links. Man, that PO'd him. My next suspension was in-school. Argghh.. honestly, I was a good student when it came to classes and grades... 3.9 or  4.0 so didn't see the big deal.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Occasional Runner

7 trail miles this morning with the dogs. It was a gorgeous morning, starting before sunrise, perfect temperatures and I felt great the whole time. There's no better way to start the day.

QOTD: I got into a lot of fights in school and was quick to tell teachers and school administrators to fuck off. I got suspended from school a lot, but always had good grades.

LB2

I got in really nice run before daylight this morning. It was slower than it felt; I have to get my night eyes back. I'll be needing them again relatively soon.

QOTD: Mostly, for smart ass remarks. I was rarely malicious; but sarcasm comes naturally to me. It sometimes rubs people the wrong way even in my adulthood.

LB2

Three miles early this morning for the pooch and me.

Qotd: As a kid I got into just about any trouble I could find.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

moonlightrunner

I will get a few miles in tonight. My home life is stressing me out...I need a run.

Qotd: I was a boring and obedient child. I spent all my free time with my horses. I have NO good stories 

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

some call me Tim

4 miles on the home trails, and the wife and kids have some father's day project to work on this eve, so I think I'll make it a double and tack on 7 or 8 more.

qotd: lil machiavelli, tho I like to think I grew out of it. I had a couple of 'businesses' in grade school where I could be paid to make a kid crazy by making their belongings temporarily disappear (eventually to return once payment dried up). I offered a free week for the low price of your gym locker combination. Every single person in my class took me up on it. And then, my mom finally found the stockpile of stuff, all neatly labeled. It was a bad scene.

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi along the beach and up the little hill this morning (Wed).  It was warmer and humid today, my legs were kinda dead.

AT and FTYC:  Thanks !!!!

runtraildc:  The start is Aug 5th, and they get 10 days to finish.

QoN:  No she isn't doing Tevis this year.

qotd: Similar to others, my mouth could get me into trouble at times.  Then later on combine that with a little under age drinking and we're "off to the races...."   :-)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A nice 4+ miles at Blue Marsh Lake today.

Congrats to your DD Sandy!! That's great

QOTD: Not much trouble here. Some talking back to my mom and butted head a bunch of times but nothing significant.

Have a great day night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday