Trailer Trash

TGI-Fridaily (Read 33 times)

NorthernHarrier

An hour joggy thing around the hood early on.  Maybe shorts tomorrow.

For the record right now as its a house of cards but I am currently in first place in a rather large bracket thing going on. Probably just jinxed myself but the payoff would be pretty sweet. BTW, as a true homer I have Bucky as the champs. No stress whatsoever.  Let's see, they would have to beat Az., then probably Ky., then probably Duke. Murderer's row it looks like. No problem!

QOTD--About $200.00. Already cashed in and my goods have already arrived. Mainly an upgrade with a better sleeping bag to handle the shoulder seasons.  I called the headquarters and started sweet talking them and also had them look up how long I have been a member (close to 40 yrs) to get the bag I wanted as according to the site they were down to just a couple left.  

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Hehe.  Yeah, have fun with that!  It's been quite chilly here, but it's supposed to warm up next week.  You can keep all our cold air!

Mike -- ZPacks?

Mandy very close, Mountain Laurel Designs

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy very close, Mountain Laurel Designs

Oh, nice!  I want a ZPacks tent and bag, but holy crap are they expensive!

Running is dumb.

some call me Tim

5 mile tempo on the road in yet another snowstorm today. I felt like I had to get in a good effort considering that life has conspired to give me 4 whole days off. Well, ok, it wasn't just life. But anyway I managed to at least get out there today. And then big miles on tap for the weekend.

qotd: geartrade.com :-)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Around 10 speedy miles, and - it wasn't so bad. Just fine. Toward the end, even the sun came out, and it was warm.

I tried to beat the kids' school bus on the way back and succeeded. Now I have to check the distance, but I think it was a nice pace.

Almost got run over by a big pickup truck at an intersection. I did a huge jump and just avoided his bull bar by inches. I already saw myself between his wheels. I don't think it was on purpose, the guy just had not kept his foot on the brakes hard enough, and I had not kept enough distance.

I'm at rank 20 on the MMT100 wait list. 34 people have dropped from the start list so far since March 8, and there are still 6 more weeks left until race day. I am beginning to think I might actually get in. Now I might have to commit myself - not to a mental institution (although this might not seem so far-fetched considering the distance, and that I'm a repeat daredevil), but to some more intense trail and mountain running! I can't wait until the weather gets warmer - oh wait, that's not the right attitude .  I can't wait until my long run tomorrow! 

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Marie-- I read on the vhtrc list-serve that they registered the first person from the wait list this week, with more movement expected soon.  Good luck!

I'm at rank 20 on the MMT100 wait list. 34 people have dropped from the start list so far since March 8, and there are still 6 more weeks left until race day. I am beginning to think I might actually get in.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Marie-- I read on the vhtrc list-serve that they registered the first person from the wait list this week, with more movement expected soon.  Good luck!

Before the first person from the wait list moved to the entrants list, there were 20 people who dropped from the entrants list (228 registered in entrants list, 208 starters allowed). Meanwhile, 14 people from the wait list, who were before me, have either moved to the entrants list, or dropped. So it might work out for me..

Run for fun.