Trailer Trash

Is it really Friday? (Read 21 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

How much did he pay for you.    We have a lot of hitchhikers here that appear harmless (hippies and trimmagrants) and they just need a ride to where they live outside of town---no bus service.  But I know the one I pick up will end up robbing me and I will never hear the end of it from the husband.  We did have a friend who was robbed by a hitchhiker.  The friend was a free spirit who believed everyone was good; it really screwed with his head and he lost his way for awhile.

. He payed for me as I was dropping him off, so I got that going for me.

The AT hikers smell terrible since there 1/2 way by the time they get to my trails.  Most of them want to see Gettysburg, so I drop them off at the YWCA first if they want to shower and from there they can walk to downtown.

Now if I was still living in the DC area, it would probably be a no.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

How much did he pay for you.    We have a lot of hitchhikers here that appear harmless (hippies and trimmagrants) and they just need a ride to where they live outside of town---no bus service.  But I know the one I pick up will end up robbing me and I will never hear the end of it from the husband.  We did have a friend who was robbed by a hitchhiker.  The friend was a free spirit who believed everyone was good; it really screwed with his head and he lost his way for awhile.

Haha, you of all people correcting a typo, you're the Queen of mikes (miles)!  

He PRAYED for my salvation. Don't know if it worked or not yet.

Jamie - There was a guy panhandling at a shelter in MD last year. He was pretty aggressive in his tactics and they had to get police to ask him to move along since he was making some hikers feel uneasy with his insistence. They said he'd sit right down with you as you were eating and ask if you were going to eat everything.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Hi Gang, I hate this, but I'm trying to be smart.... I've decided to not do the run tomorrow.  It's a very low key event, almost like a fat ass anyway. I did an easy "test run" 10 miler this morning, and it totally sucked!!!  Although the rumbling in my chest did stop after 5 miles. I was dying at the end, and it took a while to recover. I decided to not mess up my 100k coming up.

Qotd:

I have done: 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 (work, not family).

I would do: 1 and maybe 2.

I wouldn't do: 3 (runtraildc, that wasn't me - gross), 5, 10 (family).

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

An easy 4.1 before heading to work this evening.

QOTD: Would you do the following:

1. Hang Glide - NO

2. Sky Dive - NO

3. Eat Balut Eggs (google it if you don't know what it is) - NO

4. Jump into a last minute race/FA even if you didn't feel quite prepared - I have

5. Quit a good paying job just because your boss was a *&$% - Not until I have another lined up

6. Stop in the middle of a race to help a runner who appeared hurt - Of course

7. Pick up a hitchhiker  Yes, but I haven't in a long, long time

8. Meet up with a fellow RAer - Yes

9. Wake up at 3am to go run - Are you kidding me?

10. Lie to get out of a family/work function so you could go run instead - Not an outright lie

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Ultra Cowboy

6.5 miles (half road half trail) with 1000 ft of elevation, about 10 minutes faster than my last time doing the route.

QOTD: Would you do the following:

1. Hang Glide.  Yes, Tandem.

2. Sky Dive.  Sure

3. Eat Balut Eggs (google it if you don't know what it is).  Nope, I'll pass.

4. Jump into a last minute race/FA even if you didn't feel quite prepared.  Been there done that.  My Second 50K

5. Quit a good paying job just because your boss was a *&$%.  Haven't yet.

6. Stop in the middle of a race to help a runner who appeared hurt Done it, they sent me on.

7. Pick up a hitchhiker on a Forest service road but not the highway

8. Meet up with a fellow RAer Done it.  Floppage

9. Wake up at 3am to go run.  I've done it once.  Not a regular thing

10. Lie to get out of a family/work function so you could go run instead.  Haven't Lied, but I've cut out early and showed up late.

WYBMADIITY

Save