Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 30 times)

Marley and I had a great 3 mile trail run.  It was another nice cool clear Florida morning.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Watoni

Just back from Austin for business (no running) .... hoping for either about six miles running or a couple hill repeats on the bike. Hoping to do a crazy ride Saturday, and I am still testing shoe/insole combos. So far I only have one shoe/insole combo that works well so swapping shoes is tough. I am the prince(ss) and the pea, it seems.

AT-runner

Tim

I have all of my gear for a lunch time run but was reminded it's "Administrative Professionals' Day" (formerly Secretaries Day) so I'll be taking the staff out to lunch.  They picked Chinese Buffet. I'll run after work or skip it.

Still working on GC r2r2r RR. Hopefully get it done later. That reminds me, doesn't Sandy still owe us a RR?

Survey out that Swimmers Make the Best Lovers and Runners are Extroverted.  The running part does not fir Trail Runners.  I think we're closer to the walkers findings.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Morning. My legs are finally feeling almost normal again after Hyner so I think I'm going to go for a nice easy jog later.

QOTD: How long does it normally take you to start feeling better after a hard race?

Usually I start feeling better Day 3 post race but this time around it's Day 4.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers. Got a nice 6 miles in yesterday evening, but my right Achilles is sore this morning so going to skip my run today

qotd I'd have to say in the 4-5 day range, sometimes even longer

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I had a nice run over at Coventry Woods last night. About 7 miles I suppose. Ran into a hiker with a 14 month old lab mix and stopped to chat for a bit while the dogs played running back and forth then went on my way. She was surprised that my Lady was 8.5 years old. She still is so fast and full of energy. Easy run for the most part but put some trail tempo in once back on top of the ridge for the last few miles to the finish. Felt good. Off day today.

QOTD: I only took 1 day off after my most recent 12 hour but the runs the first few days were easy jogs and I did not have much zip for 4-5 days. I'm taking 2 easy weeks before getting back into the final push to Laurel Highlands. After Laurel I expect maybe a week off or at least 5-6 days.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD:  I'm a fan of active recovery, so I'll walk the day after and run gently the next day. It really speeds my recovery.  We walked 3 miles the day after our Grand Canyon Run and I "ran" 2 miles the next day.  My friend skipped the 2 miler and he took longer to recover (but he is 56).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Lovely day but a little cooler than I would like it to be. If I get out of work on time I may try a short jog or walk after work.  Either getting a cold or my allergies are really acting up.

QOTD: Sometimes only 1-2 days, other times as much as a week but that is pretty extreme. If I didn't have this cold or whatever it is bothering me I'd be good to go for a double digit training run right now.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Running with the group today. Probably 5.  Did I mention how painful my 3 yesterday was?  Just the down hills.

QOTD:  Well I ran a hard run Sunday and so far it appears day 3 things are getting better, maybe 5 to be normal again.

AT:  I think I am an introvert unless I am amongst trail runners...than I am an extrovert.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

More resting today(and thanks to all for the kind words in other dailies!)

qotd: Active recovery here, too, but I keep it real easy. Right now my 4 year old daughter is delighted because she can beat me, and she finds excuses to race. It's usually 4-5 days till I feel superficially normal, and then up to a month before I feel like all cylinders are firing again.

Got out this afternoon for 3 miles with the puppies. We climbed over 4000 feet and I'm surprisingly not dead. Heading to the gym tonight for a lift and probably a couple on the treadmill.

QOTD: I always take at least one solid sit on my ass day.  After that I play it by ear.  I know I'm not going to be super productive up to 2 weeks after a hard effort, but I make it a point to do the active recovery thing.  I don't beat myself up too hard over pace or runs cut short though.

runtraildc

Afternoon folks!  Got in yesterday's run today.  6.5 miles on the trail that I haven't visited for a while.  Timed it perfectly as the bluebells in the creek bottoms were all in bloom.  Took pics, but for some reason it isn't coming thru from my phone.  I'll work on it.  It was a gorgeous day for a run here.

qotd:  1-2 days.  My races are short.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Getting ready for a few miles in a snow squall. Snow, yay! Now that was a short summer...

QOTD: very different. Sometimes virtually no time at all, sometimes even a week. Does not depend on distance or climbing, rather on speed (not effort).

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Runtraildc...love the pictures...love the splash of green in a sea of brown.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

That reminds me, doesn't Sandy still owe us a RR?

Yeah, I'll get around to it one of these days. Just haven't had the time and energy to get it done...  I figured that I should do the RR before my next run.  That is in Sept, so I have time....  lol.

I took an URD due to some allergies but feeling better today, but since I'm flying back to TX today, im not running today either.  Rest is good.

qotd: also an 'active recovered' here. As others have said it kind of depends on the level of effort expended. I'm usually running, slowly, again in a few days.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL