Trailer Trash

Terrible weather tuesday (Read 33 times)

Daydreamer1

Took DW to the doctor today for a follow up appointment on her foot. Doctor wasn't really happy with the amount of swelling that she she still has, but then it was one of the worst ones the Doctor had ever seen so I'm not too surprised it's taking some time to heal.

Spent the afternoon at the gym. Did a good bit of lifting then spent 37 minutes on the TM followed by 21 minutes (130 floors) on the stair climber, then did another session on the TM for 25 minutes walking at a 15% grade.  I learned I need more hill training.

QOTD: I haven't really seen a lot of bad weather compared to some people. Some of the worst was when I was driving truck. One time it got to 45 below and my truck froze up. I was almost ready to bed down with a farmers cows . Then they offered me a couch in the house. Probably the most scary events were the lake effect whiteouts in the middle of the night on the New York State Thruway. You would be driving along 65-70 MPH, feel a hard gust of wind that was instantly followed by a white out where you could barely see the front of the hood. I would slow down as quickly as possible and steer by looking out the side windows. The worst overall was in '96 when northern Pa got 3-4 feet of snow in Dec. Early January it warmed into the 50s and rained. One of the major streams developed a ice dam that flooded one town. When the dam broke a wall of water came downstream. 7 people died. One of our medics was picking people out of the water in his truck. He had a bed full of people and people on the hood. One lady was swept off while holding onto his wiper arm. She didn't survive. The Temp then dropped below freezing and there were a lot of people trapped outside in the water. That night I learned that frozen feet sound and feel like blocks of wood when they are bumped together.

The best was when we got covered with 36 inches of snow. I include that because some would say that should be among the worst but I thought it was fun.

hog4life

6.5 miles with 6x800's.

Tornadoes of 2011 in Bama

Sandy-2

(I'm still waiting on the standard issue Subaru 4wd I've heard about )

sugnim, you're too funny, absolutely love it !!!!

I'm planning on a run after work today since I slept in this morning.

qotd: worst driving was when we hit a huge squall in north Texas. I couldn't see an absolute thing except the taillights of an 18 wheeler in front of us.  I was afraid to stop because I was worried someone would plow into us from behind or that I'd drive off the road into a flooded drainage ditch trying to pull over. I guess the worst overall was with Hurricane Ike, we were without power for 10 days.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL