Trailer Trash

This is Thursdaily (Read 20 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  had a nice 7-ish mile run yesterday evening; really pretty loop I haven't done in months.  Light rain the entire run, but with a long sleeve shirt and windshirt I was very comfortable.  Saw my first crocuses of the year, only about 6-8, but a sure sign of spring.  Also some black bear sign.

Going to shoot for 5-ish after work.

qotd:  with more and more states doing it (and considering it), legalize marijuana?  I just don't see it going away anytime soon and the states (even the feds) might as well benefit from some additional revenue.  I say yes.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I may run a couple of miles after work. I have already gone beyond my mileage goals for the month of March. I don't know yet. I took off tomorrow to hunt. Now, I have a buddy's uncle who wants to go with me; I'm not sure if he is looking for me to guide him or what. If he shows up, I will put him on one side and I'll take the other. If he gets a shot, that will certainly add to my longevity on the place and probably open up some more property. Everybody likes to hunt with me, and I don't know why. They give me a little too much credit.

QOTD: I have mixed feelings about it. Today, yes; tomorrow, maybe; next week, no. But generally, I don't have a problem with it, even though I am not a smoker or eater of pot. I had a few summons come through mayor's court for pot, and I never made a big deal about it. I think I normally dismissed them. They didn't write very many of them, probably because I dismissed most of them. I think it has some benefits for anxiety issues and for pain. And if someone is doing something that is going to calm them down, I'm not against that. I am half joking on that previous sentence; I do think that smoking, in general, is a bad thing. So, that is the part that bothers me a little bit. But I honestly don't care what others do if it does not directly impact me.

LB2

runtraildc

Not sure what today will bring, running-wise. I'm waiting to hear from a friend that wanted to meet up for a run. My legs feel sluggish and I haven't done anything, so whatever it ends up to be, it likely will be on the slow and short side of things. Which will then also bring me short of my monthly goal, but I don't care.

qotd: Don't really care one way or the other. Though medicinally, I do see it providing a lot of benefit to those suffering a lot of different afflictions (read something about a boy debilitated by hundreds of seizures a day, now well controlled  by cannabis) so I definitely support that. For the rest, to each their own.  And if it brings tax revenue into communities and reduces smuggling related crime, good.

Sandy-2

Flying back to TX, I plan to run late this afternoon. Had a great visit with my DS.

qotd: I think it would be ok to legalize it, not that I'm a big fan. The biggest worry I have is the potential of having more impaired drivers on the road.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  Is spring ever going to arrive?  We're in a bad string of cloudy and rainy days.  Looks like we might have a brief semi-nice day on Saturday though.  I wouldn't mind starting April with a bike ride.

QOTD: Absolutely yes.  I don't partake, but there are so many benefits to making it legal.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Nothing yet today, but 7-8 miles planned this evening with the Lady. Last night was a mud/slop run. The trails on the south side of Green Lane lake feature a lot of quick steep hills and small creek ravines and it was really a mess last night. It's often that way in the winter and spring but the slop was sort of at a peak last night. Since there was no avoiding the mud and muck I just embraced it, even splashing into the creeks to get a temporary shoe cleanse. It was a slow run, except the early miles where I spied some slacking young punk mountain bikers resting at the top of all the steep uphills and tricky descents. I kept reeling them in, and they'd take off. I caught them on the 3rd or 4th creek crossing and finally they relented and let me go by. I kept up a nice pace until they were in my rearview mirror, then resumed my slacking ways. Oh, the peepers were out last night too in places.

QOTD:  It's misguided to think it's going to cause more problems than alcohol or prescription pain killer abuse. Unfortunately our new AG is not on board. So, no it doesn't bother me in one bit. Maybe when I am 70 and retired I will want to take up the habit.  Big grin

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Tempo 5 miler this morning. Humidity training continues. DW and I walked 11 miles yesterday in two different walks.

QOTD: marijuana was suppressed years ago due to lobby efforts by pharmaceutical companies. The whole refer madness campaign was the result of marketing efforts to push people into  "prescribed safe medications" ( not my opinion, but now a documented fact) .  The sad truth is there are no medications without side effects, and some are worse than what they are  treating. My concern is what Sandy implied, until there is a way to accurately test for immediate levels in the blood, safe driving is a big concern. At home, I have no problems, but I don't use it, or much of anything.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

SRD. It's sorely needed. (pun intended)  My mileage has been very low this year with only a few weeks over 20 miles. Monday I worked the legs pretty hard at the gym then the next two days I put on a total of 20.5 miles with yesterday's miles being a lot harder than what I've been used to. The last several miles were just shuffling along.  Trying to stretch things out to get some of the tightness and soreness out.

QOTD:  Well.......considering that I lean very hard to the Libertarian side of things.................................

From 1920-1933 the guberment and moralists tried to ban alcohol. We all know how that went. Crime actually skyrocketed and anyone that wanted alcohol could get it anyway. Benefited the mob syndicates more than society in general. Fast forward to today and it's easy to see that the war on drugs is a colossal failure. The only people that it benefits are the criminals, the police and judicial system that makes a living off it.  Otherwise it's ruined the lives of many people who now have a criminal record for using a drug. If they had used alcohol they would have been OK.

So there you have it. Just legalize marijuana. Sometimes I even think that we should legalize or at least decriminalize the harder stuff too. My cousin spent almost his entire adult life in jail up until about 4 years ago for heroin/benzos, and even now there are doubts that he is clean. The thing is that when he is out of jail the first thing he does is to get a job. Hard worker who just likes to get high on the weekends. Has cost us >700k to keep him in jail and that doesn't count the lost tax revenue from him working.

Would I ever use the stuff???? No way in hell, unless it was for a truly medical reason.  I'm also concerned about more people driving under the influence but we already have laws that punish those that do and plenty of people still drink and drive.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Work up to rain and looked out the window and the wind was whipping so I climbed back in bed.  When I woke up an hour later the sun was shining in my eyes.   Did I dream that storm?  No, I guess it was the good weather blowing out the bad weather.    I am planning to leave work early and run 5 to 6 with the dogs and than going to an Eric Church concert.

QOTD:  Yes of course.  I have many friends that are total pot heads and would hate for them to get arrested for growing pot in their yard and smoking it at their home.  I do not like to smoke pot; it makes me clam up.  I wish I could so I would reduce my drinking by smoking. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

9 miles yesterday. Raining and nasty today.

qotd yesterday. I got cought in a super storm in KY. When I went down to the hotel bar it was full of storm chasers. Those people were crazy and we had a great time. I don't think I could hang with those folks for long.

qotd today  make it legal.

Gator eye

Cold and snow beat any sort of motivation I might of had right out of me.

QOTD: Im with Queen on this one if i didnt have to pee in a bottle for work every couple of month and could legally grow it in my garden I would spark up on a daily bases. I dont really understand why it is demonized so.

LB2

going to an Eric Church concert.

I thought you liked country music....

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

haha

I thought you liked country music....

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄