Trailer Trash

Christmas Eve Thursdaily (Read 22 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Ran on some snow covered trails this morning.  We're at 2500' and had 3-4" of fresh snow yesterday. Up higher on Mt. Hood, they had over 16" of fresh snow. Kids area all out snow boarding this morning.  I haven't had any long runs, but running every day, which I don;t usually get a chance to do with my work schedule.

Hiking with my girls yesterday.

Hope all who celebrate have a very Merry Christmas.

QOTD:  Favorite Christmas or Holiday tradition?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Tin's title is much nicer than mine...

Mine was n No Life Thursday because if your checking in today you just might not have a life.    I'm at work today, didn't run this morning because it was hailing (ok it was raining when I would have been running but hailing now.)  It's the old man and my 18th Anniversary today and everything is good.

Merry Christmas to all my runner friends out there.  Stay safe and happy throughout the holidays.

QOTD: As a kid...going out as a family to cut a tree.  Mom would make hot chocolate and buy a candy.  We rarely got candy.  Putting the tree up Christmas eve and no gifts under the tree until Christmas morning.  Least favorite tradition:  Having to go to church in the middle of so much fun. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Nice picture AT.  It's 65 degrees and may hit 70 back east here so nothing that looks remotely like that.  Have a few errands to run then I'll try to get in a 7-8 mile road run.

QOTD:  Family gatherings. Always enjoyed those. Now they're a thing of the past. My family can't get along well enough to get together and DW's family have mostly moved out of the area. That's probably the biggest reason I have problems getting interested in Christmas anymore.

Gator eye

8 road miles without the dog. Lots of wind but temps were around 45. Pulled two trees off the road that got blew down.

QOTD. My best holiday tradition use to be family dinner nit anymore it's when the holidays are over.

runtraildc

Hi all,

It is 70* and very humid here right now.  Feels tropical = very sticky=thunderstorm?  And of course, all my summer running stuff is packed away.  So, I'm waiting a short bit and will get out for 4 miles or so.  Then clean, pack, eat dinner, open gifts with the kiddos and get to bed early for an early flight tomorrow.

Who's Queen talking about 'not having a life'?

qotd:  Pie after Christmas dinner.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Just got home from work. It was fun, actually.

5.5 through the hood this morning before work. Light rain and very warm - ran in shorts and T-shirt!

It was still dark outside, and I was admiring all the Christmas decorations in people's yards. Until I came to a narrow downhill street, which is lined on one side by high pine trees, and some lone houses on the other side. There it got really eerie and almost scary. Saw what I first thought was Winnie the Pooh dressed up as Santa, and was wondering why he looked so grim. On my way back, in the daylight, I realized it was The Grinch. 

Then I ran into an Alien - a white something, maybe the Cookie Monster dressed up as Yeti (?), all white with a blue face, waving with one arm raised, and it was so slanky and skinny that it looked really scary. It took all my courage to run past it. 

Who has such decorations in their yard??

My only errand today was to pick up DH's present during my lunch break. When I was just about to head out from work, I noticed I had left my debit card (the only one I have right now) at home. There went DH's present.   But he forgave me, and he'll get it after Christmas.

AT: You eloped on us, enjoying a white Christmas, while we are here baking in the heat and humidity. Shame on you! 

Queen: Happy Anniversary!

DD1: Still a lot to enjoy about Christmas. Cake, pie, cookies,...

Gator: I read "Took two trees out of the ground..."

traildc: Enjoy a European Christmas Eve Christmas, and have safe travels for tomorrow!

QOTD: Making and eating all those cookies!

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Just checkin' in to say Merry Christmas.  Got back from a quick run after we were at the in-laws for the annual christmas eve thingy.   I needed the run to de-stress.  Their house is small and just too many people.

Queen - Happy Anniversary!

AT - great pics! Looks like you all are really having a great time.  Bring some snow back with you.

QOTD: Not sure I have one.  We keep changing traditions.  Wait...I guess that means none of them are really traditions.

Have a great Christmas!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday