Trailer Trash

Moodboosting Mondailies (Read 42 times)

Watoni

After a weekend of skiing, we will see if I can get out for a run during lunch or somewhat before dark.

QOTD: Not really (I run on trails mostly), but I should when I have to cross a few roads ...

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

8 miles, half of it in freezing rain. I sloshed through the deep snow, my shoes about a pound each heavier, and my glasses and handheld froze over with a glaze of ice. But it was still a nice run.

Took pictures of the traces of an early morning party Wink, I'll try to post them later.

traildc: Hope it will warm up soon. Problem with me is that the motivation sometimes slips when I have to postpone my run.

TT: A rest day every now and then is not too bad. Unless your dog is bugging you, of course!

AT: Ice is dangerous. That makes me skip a run, too.

Scrapster: Enjoy circling to the songs. When my daughter has dance and I'm stuck with the yardsticks, I'm lucky that the library is very close by. I take my boys there. Only downside is the no-food-no-drink policy in the library, but Barnes and Noble would be too far to go just for a coffee.

Jamie: Take it as a hint from fate and enjoy the rest!

warden: Sounds like you have recovered again! Enjoy!

Harrier: Have a fun slog! Colonoscopy sounds scary, but actually it's not quite as bad nowadays, with sedation and pain medicine if needed. Worst part really is the dieting before, but hey, you'll get through it and then hopefully have another 10 years off!

Banshee: This weather should be illegal!

Rocky: Sorry to hear about your "shortcut run". Might have been overdoing it a bit, so a cutback week won't hurt.

lynde: Nice miles!

smith: Enjoy the rest day!

LB2: Have some nice miles later, after the time-waste!

Run for fun.

Birdwell

afternoon folks! Going to go hit the track for 5 miles of speedwork tonight.

Jamie: go to your training log, on the LH side, click "Settings", then click "Manage my Activities", then click "Run (default)"

That takes you to the Edit activities screen. From here just select "new workout type" ,and you can add it to your run activities.  or you can click on any of the default workout types (i.e., "intervals, easy, long etc" and you can change the title/description of these workouts)

from there each time you go into your training log, for a new training run, under workout type you'll be able to select the new workout type.

This is the screen where you can change graph colors as well.

Hope that helps.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Here's the pic from tonight's party: The Turkey Hop!

Although this looks almost flat, it is a steep uphill. When I slipped and slid it down,

I was not sure what was easier, uphill or downhill. But sure the downhill was more fun!

Line runner, too!

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

afternoon folks! Going to go hit the track for 5 miles of speedwork tonight.

Jamie: go to your training log, on the LH side, click "Settings", then click "Manage my Activities", then click "Run (default)"

That takes you to the Edit activities screen. From here just select "new workout type" ,and you can add it to your run activities.  or you can click on any of the default workout types (i.e., "intervals, easy, long etc" and you can change the title/description of these workouts)

from there each time you go into your training log, for a new training run, under workout type you'll be able to select the new workout type.

This is the screen where you can change graph colors as well.

Hope that helps.

"Ah Ha!" said the blind man.  Thanks!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Ultra Cowboy

Does anyone know how to mark "trail" on their running log on RA training logs? I notice some people have that as an option.  Mine only have run, bike or swim.  Hmmm....

Training log> Options> manage activities > +new activity

WYBMADIITY

Save

KreegSauceRuns

howdy.  No run for the past 4 days due to the leg.  I thought it was getting bad, but I read somewhere that the feelings I have are normal. So it's time to train!

4.5 miles today at lunch.  Will try to incorporate a 'run every other day' training schedule for the next couple of weeks.  We'll see how that goes.

QOTD:  Headlamp of course and I have a Nathan vest that is reflective that I wear.

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

Watoni

Today's run, with data ...

http://app.strava.com/activities/39014291

Without data, fun and somewhat muddy. Salomon S-lab Sense Ultras are good on the ankle, but less grip than La Sportivas imho