Trailer Trash

Wet Wednesdaily (Read 26 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Some things that have happened to me:

I've had premonitions in the form of dreams, which later came true, in all detail. I have even told other people, e.g. my sister, or co-workers, about my dreams before they happened in reality later. This is something I can't explain.

One thing that happened just a few days ago: While I was at work, I suddenly "felt" and "saw" my DD behind me, and in my mind, I "saw" a text message from her on my phone. Later, I went to my locker, checked the phone, and there was the exact same text message, at the time when I had "seen" it in my mind. Weird.

But when I watched a few minutes of "Ghostbusters" on TV (i sometimes come across it when I browse through the channels, it's too boring to watch on purpose), I saw what I call "pseudo-science": They were trying to measure or make visible a ghost with an infrared camera. One thing most people don't know is that with an infrared camera, you don't just measure the temperature, you basically measure the temperature and the color and surface properties of the object. So the ghostbusters go ahead, make all kinds of things "visible" (probably just reflections of some kind, or artefacts), and then, when the camera all of a sudden shows "666", blinking, they react very scared and claim the devil was there. Yeah. Bad thing was, I recognized that model of IR camera, I had worked with it myself, too. And when that camera shows "666", blinking, it means an error has occurred. So no devil present.

Just read the manual. Duh.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

SRD.

qotd: no.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL