Trailer Trash

Wet Wednesdailies (Read 30 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Kevin -- old guys are awesome.  I love running with the old guys in the back of the pack during races.  They have the best stories.

Good. I have almost 50 years worth to tell you at Ice Age and I'll be out there long enough to tell most of them.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

QOTD--Ever?  Well every time I run in the Arb like tomorrow  I have to literally fight the male butterballs away. Big old Tom's with their harems and they become very aggressive and territorial this time of year. Seeing 50 a day in there while running is pretty normal in the spring. They will charge me flapping and flailing and making a funky hissing sound. Kinda cute really.

Hmmm. Really!?!

LB2

LB2

5 after work. I may try to leave the pup at home for the first loop.

QOTD: Back in February, I ran up on a couple of wild hogs. I am not afraid of them, and they ran off. But I got pretty close to them. If the wind is right, you can get very close. They can hear and smell very well, but their sight is horrible.

LB2

adkkev

Good. I have almost 50 years worth to tell you at Ice Age and I'll be out there long enough to tell most of them.

Damn.  Wish I could join you guys.  Sounds like fun!!

AT-runner

Tim

Didn't run yesterday because when I when to change there was not bra in the bag..   even these little girls bounce around too much!

Pictures would be helpful.   Have a great trip.  Two of the stupidest tings I've ever done in my life were because of tequila, so agree, stick to beer.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

Torin 2.0 - Short Review - Ran 5 tempo road miles and after the laces settled in they felt pretty good. Noe as much cushion as the Olympus, but very responsive and as always, I love the big Altra toe box.  I never tied the older model Torin, but have run in 2 generations of Olympus and Lone Peaks.   I'll get a few more runs in them and hopefully will use them for my 24hr.  Last year I wore the Olympus' for the race and was looking for a better alternative to the asphalt loop.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I was going to ask if you wanted me to run the first or second loop with you.  If I run the first, I may be able to run the second as well.  It'll just depend on how my various old body parts cooperate that day.  

LOL, AT.  Details?  Sue, I think that means you *should* drink tequila!

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy - playing soccer alone and you tweaked a hammy? Were you pretending to be in the world cup or something? I can see if you jumped into a pick up game or something but by yourself?? Maybe you are old...

I was doing penalty kicks.  THE FATE OF THE WORLD DEPENDED ON ME! 

Running is dumb.

adkkev

Torin 2.0 - Short Review - Ran 5 tempo road miles and after the laces settled in they felt pretty good. Noe as much cushion as the Olympus, but very responsive and as always, I love the big Altra toe box.  I never tied the older model Torin, but have run in 2 generations of Olympus and Lone Peaks.   I'll get a few more runs in them and hopefully will use them for my 24hr.  Last year I wore the Olympus' for the race and was looking for a better alternative to the asphalt loop.

Thanks for the review!!  I've been running in the Torins (1.0 & 1.5) for almost 2 years and I really like them ... the 1.5 was a nice improvement (IMHO) over the 1.0.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

The tide goes out about a mile twice a day...so that makes running easier.  I know your ahead of me. 

Sue -- that sounds amazing.  We'll miss you, but I hope you have a fantastic time in Mexico!  I like beach running if the sand is hard packed; loose sand...yuck!  You're right.  I should just give up running and start swimming.  Maybe I'd be injured less.  I'm still ahead of you in miles though.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Here's your picture....

pretend those eyeballs are boobs... don't really care for Tequila except in a Margarita and ice is too precious when camping on a hot beach.

Pictures would be helpful.   Have a great trip.  Two of the stupidest tings I've ever done in my life were because of tequila, so agree, stick to beer.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Hmmm. Really!?!

You say that like you don't believe. Funny. You must think you are the final word on turkeys or something.  Fuck, we got stinkin' turkeys all over this place. They are chasing mailmen within the city of Madison. Flying thru peoples windows within the city. I see at least 100 a day driving my route. Within the Arb they are so conditioned to runners and walkers that they will not get out of the way or off the trail.  They'll challenge me every spring run in the Arb.  I don't give a crap if you don't believe. Just because the rest of us don't climb a flag pole and announce to the world that we bagged a bird doesn't mean we don't know what the fuck we're doing in the woods. Jeesh!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

LB, you can come hunt in our streets.  LOL.

http://www.isthmus.com/news/news/turkeys-in-the-hood/

Running is dumb.

adkkev

MY son is flying east from Alaska in mid-May to go turkey hunting ... I guess I'll have to tell him to make a stop in Madison on the way!!

Gator eye

You say that like you don't believe. Funny. You must think you are the final word on turkeys or something.  Fuck, we got stinkin' turkeys all over this place. They are chasing mailmen within the city of Madison. Flying thru peoples windows within the city. I see at least 100 a day driving my route. Within the Arb they are so conditioned to runners and walkers that they will not get out of the way or off the trail.  They'll challenge me every spring run in the Arb.  I don't give a crap if you don't believe. Just because the rest of us don't climb a flag pole and announce to the world that we bagged a bird doesn't mean we don't know what the fuck we're doing in the woods. Jeesh!

I think you might of took that wrong, I believe his thoughts were on a new place to turkey hunt.