Trailer Trash

let us not forget the Humpdaily (Read 22 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

everyone must be off humping sleeping 💤 

got in some pretty good strength training yesterday evening; Tiny E and I will head to the hills this evening- looks like we are finally getting close to normal temps- supposed to be in the upper 30’s, which will feel like 60’s!

qotd: a teacher that stands out in your memory?  Mrs Heinz, 5th grade- every afternoon she would read to us a chapter at a time- the entire Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn books- you could have heard a pin drop when she read, looked forward each day to find out what was going to happen

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

Good morning! No humping here...just SSDD here at work.

No run yesterday, probably not today either. Cold and crappy out.

Warden: Tiny E. Sure is a cutie. Can't believe a dog that tiny has heart enough to keep up with you!

QOTD: Mr. Murphy. High school lit. Gave me a love for literature, writing and the desire to be a little different and proud of it.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

No run planed for today. Still waiting on some test results and blood work, including a Lyme test.

Short run yesterday and I was really slow up the hills.

QOTD:  My first Physics professor, Dr. Richardson. The first day of class, when most professors give out a syllabus, etc., he said "read chapter 1 and I'll see you Wednesday".  The second class, he said "any questions/".  No one put up a hand, so he said "well if no questions, time for a quiz on chapter 1".  We all started raising our hands after that.  His whole class was driven by our questions, so you had to come prepared. He'd also call on us to answer some questions, and if you were wrong, he never shot you down, he just pointed out where the mistake was, and say something encouraging like "you were close" or "you're on the right track" etc.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

4 miles, was going for 6 but it was snowing so hard I couldn't see and we called it early

qOTD: Miss Silvernail my 3rd grade teacher. She taught me how to behave in class which at the time I was having serious issues with

A couple spankins went a long way once I learned alittle discipline, I also learned to read that year

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

moonlight- check your inbox, re: Frozen Otter 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Lucky here, this nor-easter is passing us entirely (other than a bit of sleet and snow overnight). Yesterday was cross-training, which involved walking to the gym and leaving once I saw how crazy busy it was. And they are down to one rowing machine and it was taken by someone taking a leisurely row (which drives me batty, I don't know why. Look, you're not really exercising so give up the rower!!).

So I speed walked the long, hilly way home. Plus some intense yoga for the quads and psoas, which are really tight and making my lower back stiff.

qotd: My 8th grade math teacher, who taught us the only reason the U.S. didn't convert to the metric system was because housewives did not want to get new cookbooks (and implied, couldn't do the math coversions).  But same school, my 7th grade science teacher was amazing!

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT - Hope that Lyme test comes back negative.  Scary.

The noreaster is behaving strangely.  Mostly rain overnight and all morning.  Some slushy snow so far.  Weatherman still calls for heavy snow this afternoon, but so far I'm not seeing it.  I might go play in slush for a few miles this evening.

QOTD:  Enjoyed reading the variety of answers so far.  For the life of me I can't recall the names of the most memorable teachers.  I might if I concentrate enough, but I don't want to hurt myself.  Anyway, my high school physics teacher stands out.  Learned a lot in her class.  I asked her to write a recommendation for me for my college application.  She wrote a very nice recommendation and then proceeded to have a baby later that evening.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

XtremeTaper

Did 5 last night with the Lady at the local trail. The Lady was putzy and sniffing about quite often so it was a slow run. We saw the Doberman again last night, but no other dogs. I think most of the dog walkers I see over there are surprised how the Lady will stop on a dime to get leashed when we have encounters.

Light snow this morning then it turned heavy about 10am. I had a fasting blood draw this morning at 9:30 and celebrated the return of food with a sausage egg mcmuffin, yogurt, and banana.

No run today. Did shovel the driveway once but it wasn't too bad. Seems a lot of the snow is melting as it falls. I will probably have to hit it again later once the snow winds down. Helped the older neighbors across the street too, but they are pretty self sufficient.

QOTD: Herr Kaputo, freshman German class. Friday's were sing along day to German version of the Beatles, Dylan, other, plus classic German tunes like SchnitzelBank. He typically would play acoustic guitar and harmonica to accompany our bad singing.

AT - I should have had the doc order the Lyme test. I am feeling a lack of energy not only in running but day to day lately. Feel like I have an onset of a cold almost daily. Plus a few sore joints. Knee and right arm. I see the doc to go over my regular labs so maybe I will get her to place an order.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I ran a quick 3 this morning. It was great.

QOTD: Dr. Louth was one of my college English professors. He really changed the way I think about writing. However, earlier teachers would be Mrs. Irene Lascaro. She was mean as a snake, but she taught me accounting and typing in high school. To this day, I can type much faster than most other men I know.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run today...trying to get back to normal...aka not drinking on the beach all day.    Was going to run with dogs after work but we shall see...they and I really need it.

QOTD:  I think his name was Mr Martin he taught government in HS.  He was the harder teacher or so they say.  I wasn't the best student but for some reason the way he taught I scored high on the final and my friends were shocked.

Warden:  ditto on moon's comments about Tiny E

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

4 on a combination of slushy and wet roads

qotd: Kathryn Dwyer, 4th grade, which was about the time Sputnik was launched. Encouraged an interest in science, math, and reading.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

moonlightrunner

Just curious...why do the posts date 7/3/2018? Really confused me when the message in my inbox was dated 7/3...then I looked at the snow and decided I didn't have dementia afterall....maybe .

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Just curious...why do the posts date 7/3/2018? Really confused me when the message in my inbox was dated 7/3...then I looked at the snow and decided I didn't have dementia afterall....maybe .

You probably have the European style for displaying the date selected. Look under options to change that.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.