Trailer Trash

They have been found and are safe and healthy (Read 42 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

This morning, my boys have gone missing when walking to the school bus stop. Within a distance of 20 feet from the bus stop, from where I saw them last, 4 minutes before my daughter got to the same bus stop, they went missing.

Police have been searching for them for 2.5 hours now, and no sign of them.

Please help!

Thank you.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

State College news says that they were found.  Scary.   Hopefully they just decided to go trail running for the day instead of school.

XtremeTaper

Oh my gosh.. they've been found then? I hope they are ok.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

They were found and are sound and safe.

I still can't wrap my mind around what happened.

Thank you everyone so much.

Run for fun.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

OK, so my older little guy decided a day off from school would be his best deed for the day. He convinced his brother that hiding out in the bushes behind a little park and playground in our development would be the way to spend the day. So that's what they did.

The whole police department was searching for them, and so were me and my husband, too. Lots of volunteers searching the area around our houses. Friends coming by to help. On my search, I must have walked past the boys within hearing distance, calling out for them, and they still decided to stay hidden.

That's what I find very concerning and strange. Obviously, I'm not on the same frequency with my offspring.

So after they were found and the whole plot had been clarified, we talked to the boys, the police talked to them, and a teacher from their school (on his day off) talked to them. I don't think they fully get what their "adventure" had entailed. I can see many more talking sessions to come in the future to process this.

I am just so out of my self, I had never expected my kids to do anything like that.

Thank you everyone for your prayers, they sure helped get the boys back safely!

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

just read this....oh wow! With kids myself, my heart sank when I read your initial post but then confused by the title.  Thank God they are fine.  As for you....obviously use as a teaching moment or two (or 100).

I get scared when I can't see my kids (mostly DD now) when we go to a store.  I cannot imagine 2.5 hours.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Gator eye

Thanks God everything turned out ok

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Marie 2.5 hours of hell for you....so glad it turned out ok.  When you are done being relieved and talking to the boys; it's time for some Ass Whooping!!!    Sorry I was raised old school style.   Really feel for you and the stress you must have been going through.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Holy cow, Marie!    I cannot imagine that kind of hell you and DH were going thru for those hours.  I am so glad they were found safe and sound.

NHLA

Thank god they are safe.

I hid from my grandfather when I was little. I hid and listened to him call for me. It was funny to me at first then I was scared to come out.

I think I did it because he never lost his temper with me until then.

Watoni

Holy goodness! Such a relief!!!

I was actually woken up this morning by an Amber alert and can only try to imagine your concern/panic.

LB2

I'm glad they are safe. My dad would have beaten my ass for that. He may do that now, and I'm 46.

LB2

Sandy-2

Holy crap Marie, you guys must have been out of your mind for those few hours!! So glad they are safe and sound!!!  Yeah I can see quite a few "talks" with them in the near future.... as my DW would sometime threaten....  "grounded for life!!!!!"

But it as the song goes... "some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny".

tbd.