Trailer Trash

Wasatch 100 RR (Read 48 times)

Sandy-2

Great job Kelly.  That is one tough double.

You also did a good job in getting through the afternoon heat.  I'm all about not "fighting" the afternoon heat and waiting for the evening and the cooler temps, glad to see it also worked for you.  Nice job smelling the barn at the end.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Occasional Runner

Thanks, Sandy. If I can get through the Bear in a couple of weeks, all my hard 100's will be history for the year. Then...onto the "easy" 100's!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I know I dread the direct sun more than the heat. It seems to sap my strength more and get me more overheated, and hydration doesn't make any difference. Then you completely flabbergasted me when you said you'd forgotten to take in any calories the first 17 miles. I just can't envision an experienced runner like you making that kind of mistake. I'm amazed you were able to recover as well as you did.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Occasional Runner

In 100 mile races, almost all the struggles we face are a direct result of a miscalculation. The real trick to finishing these races quickly is to minimize the number of miscalculations. I try to keep to 3 or less...