Trailer Trash

Sunburn Sundailies (Read 16 times)

Daydreamer1

Heading up on the mountain for about 14 1/2 miles. Planning on taking it slow today. It's really nice here. Temp is in the low 70s, sunny with just a hint of a breeze. Good excuse for a lot of walk breaks.

QOTD:  Have you gotten your first sunburn, tick or mosquito bite yet?  Or anything else that shows that spring has arrived.

I'm not going to count my vacation sunburn so I think today may be my first. Spring peepers are starting to come out as well. Heard them for the first time this last week.

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I ran 12 in the woods. Cool to start and I needed a vest, then temps heated up and was pretty hot by the time we finished. Car thermometer showed 28* difference from when we started until the end.

QOTD:  Broke some spider webs today on the trail, so that always feels like Spring. Also had a black snake give me a good scare on yesterdays run. Every snake looks like a rattler for the first 2-3 seconds, and then I settle down when I realize it's a harmless variety. That was the first snake sighting of the year, but I know won't be the last.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Amazing day here in DC.   Got in 6.5 miles this morning on a group run on my 'secret' trails.  Not so secret anymore, but that was the point.  A few of the other runners are trail runners, others were interested and said they would not run on their own.  The bluebells were in peak bloom and the weather could not have been more perfect.

qotd:  I found a larval wood tick on my (but not attached) a couple of weeks ago while in NH.  No sunburn yet.  And technically not a tick bite.  Haven't seen any mosquitos, but they should be hatching any day now.

Sandy-2

As is somewhat typical for a Sunday afternoon, we drove up the coast a bit to go to the "more rustic" beach to get lattes and sit on the concrete boardwalk.  A sign of spring, it was quite a bit more crowded than over the last few months.

Today (Mon) is a SRD.

qotd: see above, but no sunburn.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Did I ever mention I hate 8 hour shifts (I'm semi-retired and supposed to be scheduled for 12-16 hours a week)? It was warm today during my run and did not have sufficient time to really cool down and recover before going to work, so I felt miserable until my first break and I could get something cold to drink and eat. We aren't allowed to have drinks or eat on the sales floor.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.