Trailer Trash

Sleep In Sundaily (Read 26 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

either every one is out running or sleeping in   had a great long run in the Elkhorns yesterday and took a side trip to bag Casey Peak, will get in a more modest run today 6-8 miles, route undecided

qotd: do you track your runs?  if so, how?  I've been using the software on this site to plot my runs- it's always within a couple of tenths of what my Gaia phone tracking shows (elevation as well), I've got a half dozen runs that make up most of my weekday runs so I simple bring that course up and enter the time

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Watoni

Heading out for a ride now .... hot today so hopefully cooler at the coast.

My run yesterday was a bit of a fail .... ankle sore from 10 Friday, so after a very hilly 10k I called it -- energy was low as well. I did re-visit the trail where I busted my ankle, so I felt I faced down that fear of technical descents a bit. Hopefully a couple days off sets me up for a successful week this week.

QOTD: Right now I am using GPS/Strava for runs. I use it for rides as well, but I am approximating the rides based on known routes since I am trying to keep those mellow.

NHLA

14 miles  Estatoe & north Slope trails.

qotd  no way to know for sure here. GPS doesn't work and most trails aren't maped. I ask Bill Baldwin. If he doesn't know nobody knows

Daydreamer1

26.2 miles. 6:19 and change. I'll elaborate more later. For my money the weather could stay this way all year. Temp 55-72, the occasional fluffy cloud and low humidity with a nice breeze.

QOTD: For running I'll use known trail mileages, plot the course with Google Maps or sometimes use the GPS on my phone. For road run mileages come from Google Maps. Bike miles from the speedometer. I enter the data in a spreadsheet.  I didn't know that this site had tracking software . Guess I should explore it a little more.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ their training log section lets you choose a "new course" and then you simply trace the route on a map, it gives you distance, elevation +/- and a elevation profile- name it and save it and then it becomes part of a drop down menu (I've got 50+ routes in mine) when you go to record a run

it's actually a pretty decent log, keeps track of weekly mileage, monthly, yearly etc- also allows walking, biking mileage too

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

I returned to a 5k at a Celtic Festival today this morning that I won in its inaugural running 3 years ago, and much to my surprise, won again in 18:04. Beat out the same guy as last time, too. He was polite, but I imagine he's got to be kind of pissed about that. He led the whole race, but I reeled him in slow and nipped him about a quarter mile from the finish. Mile splits were 5:50, 5:55, 5:50.. not a PR, but one of the best performances I've ever turned in.

I got my mead, watched the log throwing, took in some bagpiping and Irish bands, sat in the sun on the shore of Lake Ontario. Great day!

qotd: If I'm planning road/path routes, I use the tool here. And now that I have the TomTom, I track all runs with it and it automatically uploads pretty much everywhere I could want instantly and spits out a gpx as well. These days I keep the detailed stuff on Strava, but the basic numbers over the years are all still here.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Darg, congratulations, that's awesome!

Your 5k splits are each faster than my 1-mile PR... You are one speedy guy.

DD1: Congrats, too. Looking forward to that RR.

no run for me today, and I hate having missed this wonderful day, but I needed some sleep to recover after work, and then the kids and I baked some cookies and cinnamon rolls.   Was worth it! (Now a run would have been useful to allow for some more cookies, sigh.)

QOTD: I mapped out all of my runs on Map My Run, probably around 100 courses over the years. That's how I know how far a run is, so I can just go out and run and have an idea about how long it will take, even when I combine trails as I like. I stopped mapping and tracking my runs more than a year ago, because I got so annoyed by the many ads and malware and spyware installing itself only computers. The final end was when I got an unsolicited call from a sales guy trying to coax me into spending $600 on software I did not need to remove the malware he had installed without asking my permission, or telling me he had installed something.

now I use the tools on this websute to measure new routes, but I don't track my runs any more. I enjoy running just the same, like I did for 30 or so years without tracking before. When I'm training for a race, I keep track of miles over the week in my head, and where I have run, so that I know whether I have put in enough effort, or need to do more.

I regret having given up my track record, as I had kept it current for 4+ years, but then, what the heck. I run for fun anyway, so who cares.

Run for fun.

Watoni

I returned to a 5k at a Celtic Festival today this morning that I won in its inaugural running 3 years ago, and much to my surprise, won again in 18:04. Beat out the same guy as last time, too. He was polite, but I imagine he's got to be kind of pissed about that. He led the whole race, but I reeled him in slow and nipped him about a quarter mile from the finish. Mile splits were 5:50, 5:55, 5:50.. not a PR, but one of the best performances I've ever turned in.

I got my mead, watched the log throwing, took in some bagpiping and Irish bands, sat in the sun on the shore of Lake Ontario. Great day!

qotd: If I'm planning road/path routes, I use the tool here. And now that I have the TomTom, I track all runs with it and it automatically uploads pretty much everywhere I could want instantly and spits out a gpx as well. These days I keep the detailed stuff on Strava, but the basic numbers over the years are all still here.

Speedy!