Trailer Trash

American River 50 RR (Read 65 times)

Occasional Runner

I apparently have the opposite strategy regarding aid stations.  I linger and can't seem to decide what I want to sample.  I try some of this and some of that.  Still trying to decide if that works for me. Big grin

Thanks for the RR.  Great time!

Thanks.

I was just reading a post on FB from a runner that just finished a 100 miler. She went home and downloaded all her data for analysis and realized she had spent 3.5 hours at aid stations. Now she's really beating herself up over it. I probably would too.

I was just reading a post on FB from a runner that just finished a 100 miler. She went home and downloaded all her data for analysis and realized she had spent 3.5 hours at aid stations. Now she's really beating herself up over it. I probably would too.

Yikes -- that IS a long time.  I did spend a few minutes at the Beals Point AS this weekend to change my shoes and socks.  I started with my trail Hokas hoping I could go the entire race with them, but they got rather hot.  Was a nice treat to change into my Cascadias and fresh socks.  Not sure exactly how much time I spent since my Garmin had died, but I doubt it was more than 15 minutes, and that's including a potty break.

Ultra Cowboy

Sorry I missed you when you were in CA.  Your race frequency makes my head spin.

I get tired of the asphalt trail we do for 4 miles every Wednesday.  I can't imagine 50 miles of it!

Best of luck in your Zion assault!

WYBMADIITY

Save