Trailer Trash

Sore amd tired Sundaily (Read 27 times)

moonlightrunner

I have not yet decided what hurts worse...sitting still or moving. I was awake more than asleep last night. I hurt everywhere from the waist down..and...I had a lot of caffeine yesterday. Yet...I was looking for another 50k to do...and I am thinking January 3 for the Yankee Springs Winter Classic.

Qotd: one of the things I enjoyed about yesterday's race were the times I was able to engage in conversations with other runners. People have interesting lives and reasons for being out there. Do you like to chat during races?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Birdwell

Congrats on the race moonlight!

SRD for me after three unscheduled rest day. turns out I've been sick all week.

QOTD:

I enjoy chatting with some people, some times. If I'm racing though, no talking.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Huge congrats on your first 50K, Moonlight!  I don't sleep well the night after an ultra either.  Rest and eat today!  Looking forward to your RR.

I completed 18.5 miles yesterday at my 6 hour race.  I walked a lot and kept it to maybe 7-8 miles of running.  I tapped out after 4.5 hours to be safe and because I was damn tired.  My body is not used to that kind of mileage.  I will also be resting and eating today.

QOTD: Depends on the race.  Road races I keep to myself because either a) I'm trying to go fast or b) other people are trying to go fast and I don't want to bug them or c) road racers aren't very chatty and friendly in general.  During ultras, I am happy to talk to break up the day and all the hours out there alone.  I enjoy this aspect of our sport.

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

I knocked the shit out of a 6 mile tempo run on the roads this morning, followed by a great core workout at the gym. Then I came home, grabbed the dog and my bride for 10 rolling trail miles in the Mountains.

My legs are feeling strong and well rested. I should have a decent day at the Bear 100 on Friday if I don't screw anything up.

QOTD: I talk a lot when I'm racing. It annoys me when a group is running together in silence. I think it's rude.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Got a crazy workday done. Weather would be perfect, if a bit warm and very humid. I think it's around 80/80 again (80 degrees and 80% humidity), just like in August - a heat run sounds like fun now, but alas, the toe might need another day of rest. Maybe an evening run, into the sunset and moonless night...

QOTD: This can vary a lot. Usually, when I'm in a group or with another runner, I chat, but not constantly. Sometimes I prefer to be alone, or at least to have some quiet time. On my last 100-miler, I ran alone for 55 miles, I think I chatted only with one guy for a few minutes as I was passing. I enjoyed it. On the other hand, the last 40 miles with my running buddy were not bad, too, we chatted on and off. Kept me awake.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

A pretty good 10 miles this morning.  I ran with some friends and getting heavy peer pressure to fly back in January to pace a friend at Rocky Raccoon, unfortunately that can't happen.

Qotd: I go with the flow, sometimes chat and sometimes I go it alone.  But I'm usually the one to start, but try to read the interest of the other person, if they don't want to talk that is also fine with me.

tbd.

LB2

I just did some strides mixed in with some hiking on Sunday.

QOTD: I don't mind talking, but I often get caught up in conversation and forget to drink/eat.

LB2