Trailer Trash

Extremely Saturday (Read 33 times)

Occasional Runner

Moab Trail Marathon didn't disappoint! BRUTAL RACE...but beautiful.

Nice photos Kelly ^^^

I've had a great weekend so far. I went for a nice 10 miler at Wissahickon yesterday, it was windy but beautiful.

Today I went for an 11 mile hike on the Appalachian Trail with a friend and my dog. Whiskey is a chihuahua pug so around mile 8 he began feeling the effects of the distance and the rocky terrain. It was a gorgeous day for a hike!

Whiskey AT hike

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Did things backwards today. First met with members of my running club for pastry and coffee at Panera's, the went for my run. Everyone else had been up early for their runs and met there post-run. Ran 9.3 miles at Valley Forge NP including about 3 miles off the multi-use trail up and over Mt Joy. I was very tentative on the trails because of leaves covering the rocks and roots I know are there.

QOTD: Can't remember seeing any bumper stickers that were amusing, mostly college and sports related.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

LB2 - saw a hunter carrying a very large turkey back to his truck.  Thought of you right away.  Looks like he's got his Thanksgiving supper all set.

We don't have a fall season down here, and I am sort of glad about that. I love the spring. The hunting is quite a bit different for turkeys between fall and spring. However, I wouldn't mind blasting a big gobbler for Thanksgiving.

LB2