Trailer Trash

Time is a wastingTuesday (Read 30 times)

AT-runner

Tim

AT - I've had several of those car wash runs recently. The warm rainy days the foliage just leans in and grabs you.

When it's dry, we call it "1/2 track" running, as in only 1/2 of you gets through.  When it's wet, it's a "car wash".

Queen - I can't believe Mandy was so inconsiderate to laugh. Ok, I did chuckle a bit too.

Mandy - I must be getting old, because when I hear foursome I think of golf.

Lace - Texted niece and there new house will be in North Ogden (house # is 2005).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from 21 miles up in the mountains. Overall a pretty good run. Not very technical yet I still managed to flop my left ankle over 4 times . After the thrid time I stopped and put my brace on then proceeded to turn it over yet another time. It seems like it's now getting loose enough that it doesn't really do any damage cause it feels great now.  On a good note I found my white hat that I got at the Blues Cruise several years ago. Last run I had it cinched down on the outside of my pack and somehow it can loose. Found it lying along the trail against a tree in position that leads me to believe someone put it there so I would see it.

QOTD: A good woman, a good dog and a good pair of running shoes.

After briefly considering the options this sounds like the best one. Just make the shoes Hokas.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

10.3 in the sweltering humidity. The flies were very social, accompanying me all the way. 

Met the guy from the LRS along the way and ran up a hill with him, making him promise to find me a pair of good trail shoes on sale (always good if you're strong on the uphills!).

Then on the downhill, I saw a young guy, shirtless, in split shorts, merging onto my route right in front of me.  Unfortunately he was too fast for me, despite my desperate attempts to keep up with him. Which reminded me, I'll have to do more speedwork! 

DD got her Learner's Permit, so my days of zoning out while driving are over for a while. Got to be a good role model and driving teacher.

Queen: Now that is dedication! Hope you have some good insurance, though, just in case. (I did that egg thing a long time ago, too, so I know what you're talking about. The smell lingered in the house for a while, and it was disgusting!)

QOTD: Surely a pair of trail shoes. A knife. A tarp.

Hopefully, I'll learn how to brew beer along the way.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Wed. over here, got my butt outta bed early this morning and did an easy 10 miles.  Extremely humid and also warm. We had a Typhoon pass to the West of us a few days ago and in a few days more another one will pass to the East.  We're kind of in a very stagnant and sticky air mass at the moment. But I guess it could be worse...

lace and AT: True story, we knew 2 different families living in Maine, they didn't know each other.  We got x-mas cards one year and realized that they both had moved.  Oddly enough, one of the families had moved into the other family's house.  We chalked it up to the fact that not that many people live in Maine anyway...  ha ha.

Memo to self...  don't go to QoN's house for breakfast.

qotd:  Since I'm old I'll settle for family, beer and food.

tbd.