Trailer Trash

Memorial Mondaily (Read 26 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Feel pretty good today.  Had 2 short naps and then 11 hours of sleep.  Yesterday I was upset that I didn't get my mileage PR or goal or 108, or that I didn't get 100 miles, but today I'm pretty happy with myself for reaching 94 miles, and as my friend pointed out "it's over 150K, so that's a round number".

DW is hobbling around and steps suck so today will be a pool day.

Kelly - Good to see you again, we missed you.

QOTD:  In honor of those who served this great country, who do you remember on Memorial Day?

One of my swimmers, Sgt. Eric McColley was killed when his helicopter went down of the coast of Africa.  I coached this kid for 8 years and he was like a big brother to my kids. He was 23.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Yesterday was a 24 hour shift. Didn't have any calls over night but we had to get up at 6 to join in the 6:30 parade in town (Lykens, Pa) which was followed by a memorial service. That took until shift change. It was a gorgeous morning. The town sits in between two mountains and they have a lovely little park there.  The ridges act almost like a natural amphitheater. Turnout was not as good as it should have been considering the size of the town.

Now it's time to pack for vacation. Going to be gone a little over a week. After the packing I'll try to get out for a quick 7-8 miles on the road around the house.

QOTD: First are those that left home, never to return. All those in my family that served came home. Second are those that came home messed up, both physically and mentally.  I regularly run into vets who are mentally messed up and always try to give them a little more respect

dpc3

6 miles with the devil dog in the desert.

QOTD: Those of m family who have served and close friends that have served. Thanks to all especially LB2 who I know was in the Marines.

some call me Tim

5 on the home trails after the requisite memorial yardwork was finished

qotd: Not too many in the military in my family, and those that went came back ok. The one non-general remembrance I can think of is a local kid, an outdoorsman and Army Ranger who was killed in Grenada. The favorite county park I run in a lot and have mentioned before was named in his honor.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6 miles on technical mountain trail.

Memorial Day Festival and DD's Maypole Dance afterwards. It was a lot of fun.

QOTD: I am lucky, as all of my family members who have been in WW1 and WW2 had come back. I am very much aware of this, and I think of the families of soldiers who never came back, or who came back injured.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

QOTD: I am very proud to say my grandfather was a WWII vet.  I was just sharing this with my 10 yr old over the weekend and told him a story about my grandfather getting shot off a bridge and needing a metal plate put in his head.  He asked, "did he die?".  "No, buddy - you and I would not be alive if he did die that day." I thank God for people like him who sacrificed so much to serve.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday