Trailer Trash

Tuesday! (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

I can't come up with a whimsical header for the daily, but I can get us started.  Got in just under 4 last night before the trick or treaters  descended on the neighborhood. I tried to push on the hills which resulted in a nice speedy workout. Helped that I had dinner in the oven and a distracted DS pretending to keep an eye on it.

qotd: edit: I came up with one.  Ok, if you could I-dream-of-jeannie blink yourself anywhere to spend the day, where would you go? First place that jumps to mind? I've love to go spend the day in Point Reyes national seashore-- north of San Francisco and the marin headlands.  Run some trails, walk the beaches and then go eat in one of the small towns nearby.

AT-runner

Tim

Busy this morning playing IT guy for my mother. Try to make everything as simple as I can for her, and she keeps downloading viruses from friends stupid e-mails. As in "click her to see an uplifting image". After an online search for the virus, I ended up having to reset her laptop to factory settings and start all over. Argh!

Going out for a run in the woods without any technology or political commercials.

QOTD:  If it were a Genie, then he/she could work around the whole space-time-continuum thing, so I'd go back to 2002 and take my dad home to Killarney Ireland and then we'd play a round of golf and have a beer. That would be a great day.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

No run yet today but plan on 6 or 7 with the Lady at Coventry Woods this evening. Last week of evening runs on the trails, unless I do some headlamp running. Boohoo. Very light turnout for trick-or-treat this year and I have too much left over candy. Shrug. Best costume was a pair of girls dressed as Chinese takeout, complete with fake noodles and chopsticks. They were accompanied by Prince.

QOTD: I would go with St. John USVI. Wake up for a run up the Caneel Hill trail, breakfast by the sea, and snorkeling followed by watered down Caribbean lagers. Repeat until lunch/dinner time. Oh, edited to add... Jacobs Field tonight for game 6 of the series. Go Tribe!

AT - LOL. I feel your pain..  I almost hooked my dad up with a new computer on my last trip to FL. But figure he's better off running expired Windows XP for how much he uses it. My mom still fires up her email with some sort of AOL client. Ha!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Planning on 5-ish after work; the perfect fall weather continues- highs in the mid 50's  

qotd: that's a toughy; seeing it's a genie- Brooks Range Alaska with a Dall sheep tag in my pocket- that would be a fun way to spend the day 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

4.3 this morning before daylight.

QOTD: Gila National Forest.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So dark in the morning looking forward to daylight savings...it looked like it was raining so went out for a little putsy run because I was short on time and got 2.5 miles and totally dumped on.  Figured I'd rather get 2.5 than nothing.  2.5 a day for 30 days equals 75 miles a month and that really isn't chump change.

QOTD:  I could use some sun and warmth so Baja Mexico.

AT:  Tried to register for Gorge Waterfall 50K today but when I push th button it won't move to the register placie.    Nevermind...I am in the lottery again.  Smile

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Will do 5 mi after work today.

qotd: Since it is a "blink to anywhere" situation, I'll pick somewhere that otherwise would be really hard to get to...  I'll go with Antarctica.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

AT:  Tried to register for Gorge Waterfall 50K today but when I push th button it won't move to the register placie.    Nevermind...I am in the lottery again.  Smile

Jess and I entered as group, so all or none. Thanks for the reminder, I forgot it was today.

Did 8 around Long Pine Run Reservoir. Level is the lowest I've ever seen it.  The trail is usually at waters edge at this point.

Finally some red colors coming out.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well that's what you signed up for when you got married. 

Jess and I entered as group, so all or none. Thanks for the reminder, I forgot it was today.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Worked last night. It was trick or treat night in town. Nobody stopped by the station except my partners daughter with her little girl. So I ended up sitting on the recliner with a very cute 4 year old fairy sitting on my lap eating and sharing her applesauce with me while we watched football . I love other peoples grandkids .  Around 2am I ended up taking a pt to  the hospital and after dropping her off the ambulance crew wanted to stop at the Sheetz store (big convenience store chain for you non north easterners)  I got a hot dog with some type of spicier sauce. Wasn't too hot but the damn thing made me sick. Still don't feel the best .

Legs are still toast from Sunday. Going to try to go out for a walk with DW. Maybe 3-4 miles at the most.

QOTD:  So many places to choose, but right now hunting is on my mind. So, I would go back two years to my hunting stand and stay sitting in it for another 30 minutes with DD. That way when that decent buck wandered by we could have collected the venison and mounted the rack to hang my running medals on . I kind of felt like I failed her that day so a do over would be nice.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4.3 this morning before daylight.

QOTD: Gila National Forest.

that's a good choice; DW and I spent a week backpacking in there about 5 years ago; lots of elk in there, so I would have the genie add an elk tag 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

that's a good choice; DW and I spent a week backpacking in there about 5 years ago; lots of elk in there, so I would have the genie add an elk tag 

I went there for the spring turkey season opener in 2015. It was a little early, but I wanted a few days to scout and run. They had some seriously technical mountain trails very close to our campsite. I really ran a lot better than I expected to up high for someone who lives at sea level. I never noticed an issue, but I never got above about 8500 feet. I killed a turkey and called another one up for another guy just a few hundred yards from the Continental Divide Trail. I ran on a connector trail. It was a fun trip, lots of mule deer and turkeys. I didn't see any elk.

I did find a trail route that would have taken me all the way down to the river and all the way up to the cliff dwellings. It was probably a 40 mile trip, one way. I'd like to do that one day, too.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

sounds like fun     some good trout fishing in there too 

we actually considered moving to Silver City, but the advent of grandkids changed any thoughts of moving

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Not much running. I overdid it last week with the intensity. Besides watching the World Series is leaving me exhausted.

qotd: Gates of the Arctic National Park in the summer.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.