Trailer Trash

Thundering Thursday (Read 40 times)

charlesmoman

Ran outdoors for the first time since early December, though I have been sticking to my schedule on the TM - 35-50 miles a week.

I thought the rain was coming this morning, so I got a late morning start at the wildlife refuge.

My schedule called for 14, but I got back to the car with 12 because the rain was coming.

It will be windy tomorrow, but I hope to get out for another 10-12 and the same on Saturday.

I will end up with 45 miles or so this week. Next week I have a long run of 24 at the end of the week and I hope it is NOT on the TM! : )

BTW - a friend of mine - Dick Canterbury is featured on the iRunfar.com web site.

He is 66 and has done a lot of ultras - last year he did the Midwest Grand Slam of 5 100's.

Yesterday we decided to do 2 loops (16.67 x 2) at the Indiana Trail 100 course next month together some weekday.

Just a great guy and a wealth of information.

I made a little video at the end of my run like I do at all of my races.

Here: First outdoor run of 2014!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Something with Earl when I get home...7 last night.  Expecting 70's this weekend.

TT:  I would have loved seeing Marly and the deer playing.

QOTD:  Haven't given it much thought since following a marathon plan to the T.  I may skip the long run the weekend before opting for 13 miles and maybe take two days off before the race.  50K is my longest race.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Beautiful morning around here.  I ran on AT for as long as I could stand (or not stand).  Not much foot traffic, so I was post-holing quite a bit.  I was worried I'd hurt a knee, so I switched to a logging road and then up a more heavily traveled trail to a nice summit. (jamezilla - This is Pole Steeple, the 3rd climb in Ironmaster,  and the rock where you took your avatar photo.)  The run down felt like I was skiing in the woods.

Good luck to all the weekend racers.

QOTD:  2 weeks works for me, any longer and I get pretty antsy.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Last run tomorrow, then a slushy 50k on Saturday.

QOTD:  usually a two week taper for 50k.  aka "screw it, I dont feel like running and it's allowed since I'm tapering now and I'd rather sleep"

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Beautiful morning around here.  I ran on AT for as long as I could stand (or not stand).  Not much foot traffic, so I was post-holing quite a bit.  I was worried I'd hurt a knee, so I switched to a logging road and then up a more heavily traveled trail to a nice summit. (jamezilla - This is Pole Steeple, the 3rd climb in Ironmaster,  and the rock where you took your avatar photo.)  The run down felt like I was skiing in the woods.

Good luck to all the weekend racers.

QOTD:  2 weeks works for me, any longer and I get pretty antsy.

I recognized it right away...funny, I was just thinking about registering for that race again today.  I'm 75% sure right now

**Ask me about streaking**

AT-runner

Tim

I recognized it right away...funny, I was just thinking about registering for that race again today.  I'm 75% sure right now

I'll be in Pinehurst playing golf.  The RD changed the dates, and I'm sorry I'll miss it this year.  

I'll be dropping off some stuff for the AS's and DW might run.  I helped plan the new 25k course and I really love the course.  They got rid of the 20 mile option in favor of a 25K course that has some original sections.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Chnaiur

I think this qualifys as an oxymoron.

Sunny Summer Run in San Francisco would be an oxymoron. :-)

We get lots of clear days, just not during the summer when the ground gets warmed up by the sun.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k