Trailer Trash

Dawn to Dusk to Dawn 50K - RR (long and not a trail race) (Read 22 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The full report is in the Beginners and Beyond user group. The short version is 7:37:15, 12th of 15, and more than 18 minutes faster than last year in the heat.

AT_Runner - I introduced myself to Laurie before the race. She looked strong out there most of the time and finished 3rd overall behind a couple other outstanding women.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, George.

Laurie's 133.2 miles was not a PR, and unfortunately she was bumped from #5 to #6 on the list for 24 HR National Team.  She's pretty disappointed. She's an amazing runner, especially as short as she is and being 50 years old. She appreciated everyone who cheered her on.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well way to get it done George!!!  That's just crazy to run that far on a track !!! CRAZY!!!  I'd rather go on a date with Kanye West then do that!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Well way to get it done George!!!  That's just crazy to run that far on a track !!! CRAZY!!!  I'd rather go on a date with Kanye West then do that!!!

But look at the company I had. There were some amazing runners there that I got to meet including our own bhearn who rarely posts here anymore.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Daydreamer1

Finally got to read the report. It gave me some things to consider as I plan my strategy for my up coming 12 hour race in July.  I'm trying to figure out how soon to incorporate a run/walk strategy.  Did you do the run 300m and walk 100m for the first 10k or did you run entire laps at that point?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Finally got to read the report. It gave me some things to consider as I plan my strategy for my up coming 12 hour race in July.  I'm trying to figure out how soon to incorporate a run/walk strategy.  Did you do the run 300m and walk 100m for the first 10k or did you run entire laps at that point?

Knowing I would be walking during the race, I took the advice of a number of more experienced runners and included walking from the very beginning. I chose what proved to be a rather aggressive ratio, especially as I was running faster than I should have, then made adjustments. My rationale was the keep my running short enough that I would build up a minimum of fatigue, then walk for recovery. The 300m run, 100m walk was convenient, though I also considered a 400m run, 200m walk which I had used on some of my training runs.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

muppy

Very nice job George, congratulations!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Very cool.  Thanks for sharing.

daydreamer - what 12 hour are doing in July?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Very cool.  Thanks for sharing.

daydreamer - what 12 hour are doing in July?

The Montour 24 hr up in Danville.  I'm doing the 12 hr daylight version. See how this goes and I might try the 24 hour version next year.  1.5 mile loops I believe. All or most all on trails.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

The Montour 24 hr up in Danville.  I'm doing the 12 hr daylight version. See how this goes and I might try the 24 hour version next year.  1.5 mile loops I believe. All or most all on trails.

I am considering doing this as well as a training run for OC100k.  I was thinking the 12-hr night version though as I have an aversion to the sun.  Undecided at this point.

Sorry wc for the hijack.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I am considering doing this as well as a training run for OC100k.  I was thinking the 12-hr night version though as I have an aversion to the sun.  Undecided at this point.

Sorry wc for the hijack.

No problem. Depending on my work schedule, I've been considering Montour as a tune up for NC 24. Another problem is it may be too close to Elkhorn.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Daydreamer1

The 24 hour version only has about 4 slots left. The 12 hr versions have plenty of room, especially the night one. The 6 hour is also getting filled up but has about 10 slots open yet.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Unfortunately I won't know my work schedule for that weekend for at least 6 weeks and I already have  a week plus in August requested for Elkhorn so I don't think I'd be able to request more time off that close.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K