Trailer Trash

not quite Friday Thursdaily (Read 25 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

wish it was Friday   hill repeats last night, set a PR for me my one minute; going to try and get 6-ish in after work

qotd: condition of your local trails?  ours are slowly getting cleared up- still some remanent ice/snow, but you can generally tip toe through it or around it- we're fortunate that our soils soaks up moisture quickly so not much mud either

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

7.5 miles Champion Hills. Very windy.

qotd  trails are clear.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I feel you, Warden.  Friday would certainly be nice, and I didn't even work on Monday!  Sheesh.

I'm planning on running tonight after work for a bit - probably 5-6 miles or so.  Counting down the days to the weekend when it's supposed to be in the 50s!!!

QOTD: Unrunnable.  Ice, ice, ice.  We're currently in that stage where it's above freezing during the day, but below freezing at night.  I'm just counting down the days until I leave for vacation (21!) and then hoping that once we get home in late March, they'll be good to go (although muddy) again.

Running is dumb.

LB2

I doubt I will have time to run today. I may sneak out for a 2.5 mile loop after dark, but I have to work a little late today. But, tomorrow, I get to check out a new place to run and hunt. It is a 9 mile loop through the woods the way I have it routed. So, I'll probably run that after work tomorrow. I want to see where the birds are hanging out in the evening. So, I'll probably do that loop at least once a week until the season starts.

QOTD: Muddy, and probably some limbs down. No big deal.

LB2

muppy

8.2 rainy miles last night.

QOTD The snow seems to have mostly melted, we had a lot of rain last night so hopefully next week sometime will be dry enough to run on. I don't like running on really muddy trails so as not to damage them.

AT-runner

Tim

Big storm yesterday with high winds lightning and heavy rain. Some local damage from the winds and a few trees down. A tornado hit about 90 minutes away and did some damage in Lancaster, PA.

Wanted to run the trails this morning but had to divert due to the mud and limbs.  Ended up on logging roads.  Might go back later and help clear some limbs.

Muppy and Jamie - you guys made out ok with the winds? Looks like the line of destructive wind went through Gettysburg, York and Lancaster.

QOTD: See above. Only good news is most of snow is now gone. Warm weather by the weekend should have them all clear.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Morning!  Heading to yoga at lunch instead of running today.  We got lots of rain, lightning, wind and even some hail last night.  And south of here, a possible tornado.  Wild evening.

qotd:  a mess.  I ran yesterday before the storm came thru, and they were flooded and muddy.  I'm with Muppy-- I don't like running on them when they're like this so I'll stick to other routes for a few days (or more, if needed).

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I felt like I was a 100 when I woke up.  Only had time for 4.4 this morning..actually could have worked it up to 5 but didn't realize it.  Spoke about condiments with my dogs as I ran, "Keep up the Pace" "Earl ketchup to Jack"    I am thinking another 4 ish when I get home just for the hell of it and my team really needs it.

QOTD:  Perfect.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

I wish it was Monday.............this past Monday that is.

So the sun is setting on another vacation.

Heading back to this.

In all it will be about  17-18 hours of sitting on planes and in airports .

QOTD: They were decent when I left. No idea about now but if the snow is off they are probably in decent shape.

Sandy-2

Once again being 15 hrs ahead can be a good thing...   it is already Friday here !!!  I slept in this morning, plus it was a little chilly this morning, so I'm planning on 5 after work today.

qotd: Perfect.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nothing yet, hopefully hitting the gym soon but my head really hurts.  I will probably drag myself there anyway.

AT - we did have our share of the wind/rain but from what others have said, Lancaster got hit the worst and other parts south of us.

QOTD: I imagine very muddy.  I know some will still have snow due to the lack of direct sunlight.  I hope to check out one of my favs in a couple weeks.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday