Trailer Trash

This is the end of the Tuesdaily (Read 22 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Kelly and some others went to barefoot forum and trolled it with some topics. The moderator (Sanguine Sole) wasn't happy and banned a bunch of people. John-PNW became John-M to get back on.

That's my recollection. I think Jamie might know more.

John-M later left over a spat about a link to his website being included in his signature. They claimed it was spam advertising his book and insisted he remove it. He left instead..

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

John-M later left over a spat about a link to his website being included in his signature. They claimed it was spam advertising his book and insisted he remove it. He left instead..

Yes, that was the final straw after the whole banning thing.  He was also very vocal about how they got rid of all the history since there was some really great informative posts.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Count me among the non-runners... but not for much longer!  Doctor said I can start running again next week (4 weeks post-op, non-running related internal stuff).  I've been walking instead, which was nice but not the same!

QOTD: I was on RWOL forums more than I was here, mostly the women's group and the ultra running group.  I'm sad that they're eliminating them.  That was the only reason I went to RWOL.  Their content is mediocre and their ads are annoying so I don't think I'll be visiting that site any more.  The women's forum from RWOL is resurrecting the "Women's Running" user group here, and the RWOL ultra running forum is posting on the "Ultra Runners" user group here.  There was a trail running forum on RWOL but it was very quiet -- I think the trail runners mostly ended up in the ultra running group.  Funny that the opposite happened here, where this trailer trash group is way more active than the ultra runner user group ever was.  We'll see how it all shakes out... these things seem to happen periodically.  I've been here since 2008 and at that time, the big thing was the demise of the "Cool Running" site, which caused lots of people migrate to RWOL or to RA.  Then there was a big exodus from RWOL when they had the spam armageddon a few years ago.  There was so much spam the forums were unusable and had to shut down for a while.  RA is the best by far.  

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I know I am posting on Tuesday but it is Wednesday.  Oh well

I could not resist the reminiscing about the good ole days...

I started posting on RW in the trail forum maybe around 2010 or 2011.  I think I actually posted in 2011 but was lurking in 2010.  I learned a lot from the folks then.  I mean a lot.  I really had no idea about many things trail or ultra running.  I was part of the folks who were banned for a bit.  If I remember right, I started posting in the barefoot thread about making a decision between going barefoot and wearing Hokas.  Mind you that I did not wear Hoka back then.  That was when Hoka had only 2 or 3 models and they were the huge soles.  So I was really making fun of both at the time.  It spiraled out of control and Kelly (& others started in on it too).  Then Kelly and others were posting in another thread - maybe a beginners thread - that too spiraled.  It was all in good fun but some runners really got their panties in a bunch over it.  Then four of us were banned.  I know it was myself, Kelly and I cannot remember the other two.  But I do remember that I had no clue I was banned at first.  I could post in the forums - but it could not be seen by anyone.  I thought it was weird that no one was responding to my posts.  Then we figured it out.  I just created a faux account and started posting again, having some fun with it.  The moderator, or whatever she was, basically wanted us to sit in purgatory for a while and I think maybe apologize.

I have checked back every once in a while but never posted again after the migration to RA.

They definitely did John wrong.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Popping my non-running head in to say good riddance to RWOL, and I too was banned during that time. 

Running is dumb.

LB2

Kelly and some others went to barefoot forum and trolled it with some topics. The moderator (Sanguine Sole) wasn't happy and banned a bunch of people. John-PNW became John-M to get back on.

That's my recollection. I think Jamie might know more.

Hahahaha. Thank you.

LB2

Sandy-2

Popping my non-running head in to say good riddance to RWOL, and I too was banned during that time. 

That's why we like it over here, we have a rabble-rouser for a moderator!!!!

(BTW, it's such a bummer that you are still not able to run. But hikers are still considered Trailer Trash!!)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That's why we like it over here, we have a rabble-rouser for a moderator!!!!

(BTW, it's such a bummer that you are still not able to run. But hikers are still considered Trailer Trash!!)

I thought the real trash were those weirdos on two-wheeled gadgets.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.