Trailer Trash

back to work Tuesdaily (Read 16 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

back to work after a week (and a day!) off- I'll be glad to get this work thing behind me 

got 8 miles in with Tiny yesterday, along with a good strength workout- the benefits of a day off; plan is to get 4-ish miles in after work

qotd: how much vacation/personal leave to you get?  I get two weeks of each which isn't too bad, but my state job I retired from I was at the top of the vacation matrix (increases at 5, 10, 15 and 20 years) and we got a lot of comp time working holidays and long days- wasn't unusal to have a couple hundred hours of comp time to tap into

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got 3.25 last night at the gym with some step machine time thrown in for good measure.

Warden - how does tiny run so much? That seems a lot for such a "tiny" dog.

QOTD: I get a generous amount - about 28ish days of PTO (to be used anyway we want) per year.  I never go below 100 hours in my PTO bank.  I currently have around 200 hours which includes taking close to 15 days off during the summer.  I hardly ever call in sick so I am able to save time that way.  We even have the ability to buy and sell PTO hours each year.  I often sell 3 days and get a little extra cash.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Ended up doing 5.8 very humid miles last night. All that was after freezing and canning 27 quarts of applesauce with very little sleep the night before. Felt dead before heading out, but it was good to run two days in a row. Maybe I'll try for a short jaunt tonight and make it three days in a row.

Planning on a nice tour of the country side on the bikes looking for colorful leaves. Probably about 30 miles.

QOTD:  200 hours a year. My next increase will be after 15 years and I've been there 7 1/2. I can rollover hours from one year to the next with a maximum of 300 hours in my bank.

My last job we got a mixture of PTO, personal time, sick time then holiday comp time. Since we worked a lot of 12  and 16 hour shifts the holiday comp time really added up. There I was getting 300-320+ hours a year with a maximum holding of 480 hours. Don't really want to work at that place again on a full-time basis but in someways that much time off is very appealing.  And now that I think about it since I still work there on a part time basis I have 20 years time in so I may even get more then that now.

AT-runner

Tim

Slept in late, so just getting ready to go out on the AT for a run. Hopefully won't be too muddy after all of our rain. I'm sure it won't be a fast one.

Warden - how does tiny run so much? That seems a lot for such a "tiny" dog. 

Tiny E has enough energy to run a marathon, Warden's just holding him back.  He say's "E" stands for Elvis, after meeting Tiny, I think it's Energizer Bunny. 

Happy birthday, George. Now all your races will be age related PR's.

QOTD:  What is the PTO of which you speak?  The American Dream used to include starting your own business and being your own boss. Now the new dream is to get a job with great benefits. I take about 3 weeks off each year. When I'm off, I pay the staff to do work. They get anywhere from 2-3 weeks paid time to include sick and/or vacation. It's use it or lose it, no rolling over, because that makes it almost impossible on the staffing schedule.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

6.6 miles around town.

QOTD I get 18 days vacation, 5 personal days and 10 paid holidays. Unfortunately it doesn’t roll over.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

I ran yesterday afternoon in the rain, I had to hike the hills but

I ran everything else. Got about 3 miles in.

QOTD: I have a generous amount of vacation time, and almost

unlimited sick time. One of the benefits of being a government

employee.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy Birthday George!  It's always a milestone hitting 50 

with Tiny E it's a brisk walk with a little jogging sometimes on the downhills- I think we average about 3.25-3.5 mph which is pretty good considering the terrain; he crushes me on the uphills 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

SRD. I certainly felt sore on Sunday and Sunday evening after the 100, but after totally conking out Sunday night I felt ok on the drive home on Monday.  Now back at work and feel pretty good.  Of course I haven't tried running yet.  Maybe in a day or two.

Professor AT, I've handed in my homework on time for once!!! Hope you like it.

qotd: I get 5 weeks vacation and can roll over 2 weeks without question.  I can roll over more, but need agreement from management. Also get 3 personal days and more-or-less whatever sick days we need, within reason I guess.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Short jog with the nephew this morning...we were both hurting😉.

qotd:  my time is personal leave and earn about 9 hours every week, then 3 floating holidays, and 40 admin hours...then all the holidays..at least 12 so yea a lot of time off.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Lazy days of autumn continue.Only getting in 2-4 miles a day.

qotd: 365 days of time off a year. It's tough being retired. When I worked full time the most I ever had off was 3 weeks of vacation plus 2 personal days, not counting when I was in the army and got 30 days leave a year.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.