Trailer Trash

Frosty Fridailies (Read 39 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

It's Friday, people!

Well, I still have back pain but it didn't stop me from getting my ass out there this morning

in the bitter cold, got in 4 miles. Better than nothing. Roads were icy, sidewalks were icy

and drivers were not into sharing.

QOTD: Favorite superhero?

Me; Aquaman.

Birdwell

Morning!

Got in 4 miles of hill repeats last night. My left knee didn't appreciate it.

QOTD: Wolverine

sugnim

Good morning all.  What a lazy slug I've been all week.  It's been in the 30's, which is typically perfect running weather, except that our 30's have been below 0 all week.  That's just to damn cold for me to be outside, so I haven't ran all week!  It's 0 degrees right now, so I suppose things are warming up.  I'm hoping our area will be suitable for human habitation this weekend, and I can get some time in my running shoes!

QOTD:  Charles Mingus.

AT-runner

Tim

Time for a short run at lunch.  I'll have to search for a place to go without many cars since all the snow and ice are covering the shoulders.

QOTD:  Wonder Woman.  I was a teenager in the 70's so all my friends loved Lynda Carter.

sugnim - nicely played.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Chnaiur

Scheduled Travel Day.

QOTD: The first name that popped up in my head was Superman, because my 3-year-old wears his superman cape 16 hours per day. We persuaded him to hang it off his bedpost when sleeping, but other than that it is on.

When I think about it myself: Wolverine.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

LB2

I'll get a few tonight, fast. I need to get some groceries. I need to proofread my taxes. I need to write the checks for the bills I already subtracted. I hate when I subtract the money from my check book and forget to write the damned check... Of course, that is better than writing the check and forgetting to subtract it. I really need a couple of three hour runs this weekend, at least one.

Jon: where is your back giving you trouble? I have had some lower back pain recently, but I have been able to deal with it with a stretch I saw on Dr. Oz during our snow days down here. Basically, you squat down with your butt almost to the ground. Place your arms between your knees and lean forward as needed. This takes pressure off your lower back. I only have these pains in my back when I sleep without a pillow between my knees.

QOTD: I guess, Flash.

LB2

jonferg67

Endless trails

Jon: where is your back giving you trouble? I have had some lower back pain recently, but I have been able to deal with it with a stretch I saw on Dr. Oz during our snow days down here. Basically, you squat down with your butt almost to the ground. Place your arms between your knees and lean forward as needed. This takes pressure off your lower back. I only have these pains in my back when I sleep without a pillow between my knees.

That's a good stretch, thanks. I use something similar to that on long runs, holding onto a tree.
                I don't think my issue is serious, I've felt out of alignment for quite some time and the recent
                pain may just be a culmination of running while my body compesates. I'm in pain in lower
                back, left side, I don't have full range of motion when bending or twisting. I'm amazed that
                I groan when I twist in bed but I can still run without pain, that tells me in ain't serious.

moonlightrunner

Yesterday I finally cried "uncle". I went out on the trails and decided there was just too much snow to run in. So today I will run on the roads and hope I don't get hit by a car. Recently a runner around here did and landed in ICU with pelvic and femur fractures. I am contemating the purchase of some Dion snowshoes.

Harrier: I sent you a pm yesterday. I emails the race director of the Eugene cur how marathon. They are aiming for the 12th of July but do not have the OK from the city yet. They hope to open entries in a month.

Qotd: superman

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jonferg67

Endless trails

QOTD: The first name that popped up in my head was Superman, because my 3-year-old wears his superman cape 16 hours per day. We persuaded him to hang it off his bedpost when sleeping, but other than that it is on.

When I think about it myself: Wolverine.

Our boys had Batman pajama's with a cape attached with velcro, they just HAD to have the cape whenever the

jammies were on. Our youngest would hand my DW a towel and say "make me a cape, mommy".

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all and a happy friday!

I didn't run yesterday or bike.  Ended up getting home around 9:30 due to losing my car keys at work and trying to drive back into the city with the spare key.  Right now the whole city is crippled with some mean potholes that have been claiming tires and rims left and right.  Traffic has been terrible.

Plan is for 4 easy miles tonight.  Cupid's Chase 5k on Saturday AM, which I decided I am not putting much stock in.

QOTD: I really like Mighty Mouse as a kid, but now I most relate to The Incredible Hulk

PS - Looking forward to the Opening Ceremony tonight and the weeks of sports to come!

**Ask me about streaking**

muppy

Plan to get in six or so after work, if I can find somewhere safe to run without too much snow.

QOTD I would have to say Superman, because as a little boy that was one of the first movies I ever saw that,was back when movies were a big deal.

Daydreamer1

I was planning on a 6+ mile run today but I feel exhausted. Maybe I'll do some chores around the house then workout on the bike and elliptical. Already did a slow stroll on the treadmill for 1/2 hour while I was doing some reading for a history class. I hate these low/no energy days. Should have slept in a little later this morning.

QOTD: Spiderman. Mostly because none of my friends really liked him so I had to be different.

charlesmoman

A 7-mile recovery run on the treadmill at my gym to follow up yesterday's 18.

Back there again soon to run through all of the machines.

Tomorrow will be a rest day to end this week of 45 miles.

My RFP training schedule calls for a 50K this coming week.

I want to do it on the IT 100 route, but it is deep with snow and ice and will not be better anytime soon.

More than likely I will do it next Thursday at Snap Fitness on the TM.

Yes, really.

I think I will start at midnight and be done well before 8 AM.

I will take short "aid station" breaks every 4-5 miles.

It will be challenging mentally, but that is OK.

I get to sing out loud a lot because I should be alone for many hours!

I find that very invigorating - I am a singer/guitar player and composer.

Ultra Cowboy

Nice rain coming down outside.

Looking forward to a 13:19:13 tempo run tonight.  My goal is to do the first 13 slow enough , that I can run the Middle 19 3o seconds faster pace...

WYBMADIITY

Save

Gator eye

I fumbled my way through 6 on the treadmill this morning. Can't wait for some more normal like temps.

QOTD: I have always been a Spiderman fan.