Trailer Trash

The First Mondaily of the rest of you life. (Read 15 times)

LB2

I ran 3 easy miles through the dark woods this morning.

QOTD: Overall, how is your running going right now and what do you think makes it good or bad?

Right now, and all summer long, it has generally been poor. I have had some great runs, but nothing that has made me run inspired. I think it has a lot to do with life in general. It has been a stressful year. But more specifically, I am not focused on an event. And I don't have an event that I can get really excited about. I will keep on plugging away at it, and I am sure that motivation and focus will show up, probably with the first cool front.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's a new month.  I got back to the gym after 1.5 month (maybe more) layoff.  4 TM miles, step machine and some weights.

LB2 - sounds like you need to sign up for a race! 

QOTD: It's pretty good.  I have been injury free for the last 12-14 months.  I am definitely running slow but I am ok with that.  I don't see that as bad.  I occasionally have the desire to go "fast" but I usually dismiss those thoughts and am content for the slow ride I am on.  It's good because I am actually running and getting in some decent miles.

Have a great Monday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Planning on 6-8 miles later today but not sure that will happen.

Just got home from work all tired out so there is a nap in the plans.  The farmer that we've gotten our produce at for the past 15 years seems to either be out of business, or has shut down the roadside stand they ran.  They did a excellent job with irrigating their crops and  if you wanted sweet corn it was available well into September. With them not being open this year DW decided that she better get sweet corn while she can, so she is off picking up 12-13 dozen that we will freeze. Too much husking and cutting in my future today. On a good note though, both of the brats are home from work today so they are being Shanghai'd  to help.  Most of the husking should be done by the time I get out of bed .

QOTD: Mine's just fair.  The only reason it's even fair is because of my race schedule.  Otherwise life has been too stressful this year. Stress equals weight gain, and unfocused training.  Haven't even bee able to get onto some of my normal summertime trails this year. This year really has sucked so far and I'm not sure why.

XtremeTaper

A few sweaty humid runs this past weekend at French Creek Park. 12 on Saturday, 8 on Sunday, different courses. Swimsuit like sweating, you know where your shorts are dripping wet. This evening I think I will get in 7 or 8 over on the lakeside trails. It might storm or rain though.

QOTD: I am back to daily running so it's going well enough. I am sort of done with "goal" races for the year so am just out running with no real concerns or worries about specific training.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

LB2 - sounds like you need to sign up for a race! 

I really do. But I cannot find one that really interests me that I have time to do this year. I don't have time to get ready for Pinhoti or Ozark. Or at least I don't feel like I do. I could do Cajun Coyote in early December, but I just don't have the mindset for a multi loop 100. I think I will just focus on pacing/crewing for a couple of races (Children of the Cane and Cajun Coyote). I may do the one loop 20 miler at Cajun and try to do well in it. I have been reading a lot lately about Native American runners. And I just feel like it is easier for me to move with a purpose if I am going from point A to point B or from A to B and back to A, rather than multiple loops. Does that make sense?

LB2

muppy

I did 6.8 miles last night around town.

QOTD I feel as though my running is a slugfest, hopefully it's just the heat and humidity. I I haven't signed up for a races yet, but I'm thinking about 1 or 2 and kinda, sorta maybe training for them. Mostly I'm just running what I feel like.

AT-runner

Tim

Monday is usually a SRD, but running 5-6 over lunch since I played golf yesterday and didn't run.  Did walk 3 miles with DW in the evening.

Burke - come out to Utah in October and run with Kelly, Sue, DW and I and I'll buy you a beer.

QOTD:  As long as I change things up, I'm fine.  I'm running out of close areas to explore, so might need to drive a bit this fall and explore some new woods.  That's what keeps me interested. I could never run the same loop every day, I have to have variety and new exploration makes me feel like I'm a new runner.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Burke - come out to Utah in October and run with Kelly, Sue, DW and I and I'll buy you a beer.

What are ya'll running in October in Utah?

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

What are ya'll running in October in Utah?

The Grand Circle Trailfest.  3 days of running. Zion, Bryce and North Rim of GC.  Camping out in Kanab Utah.

DW and I are flying to Las Vegas and driving to Sodona for two nights then to South Rim of GC for 2 nights then and then driving to Kanab.  Kelly is driving down with Jo, and Queenie is flying in to Vegas and going directly to Kanab. I might be mailing some of my camping stuff to Kelly and he'll drive it down to us.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I have a lot of complaints, very sleepy last week, our pollution is bad so my chest is bothering me, my toe is sore and now I have some weird ankle issue that does really bother me until I step funny and then FUDGE!!!!

So once again even I did not wake up after the alarm went off.   So I have my stuff and I am going for 9 by myself after work miles.  Last week was a run disaster.

QOTD:  Besides what I just said before reading the QOTD, it is going good.  I am not getting the miles in I wanted to get in but that is mostly to blame on me, not the body.  I just need to make up my mind whether I want to run for fun/health or do I want to do  ultras.  So physically I am good in my running, mentally my running isn't so great.

LB2:  I think my problem is I am not focused on an event.  That's why I need to sign up for something but shit everything is so spendy.

Mr Jamie:  We have a new gym that is a chain in town and they are offering $30 a month for new members.  This is dirt cheap around here.  I am looking forward to joining.  I am getting a little bummed out at my current gym, we do a little station work out and it's getting a bit old. Some of the things we do just seem silly!

AT-Runner: We had the Utah discussion last night.  The old man is not coming which I think is good because he would get bored and then there's the mutts to deal with.  I am not either going to drive myself to make it a bit of and adventure or fly to vegas and try to hook up with others to share carpool with someone.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

bike to work and strength train this evening; heat wave continues- am on the early shift at work all week- which means alarm goes off at 4 bells if I'm going to get a run in before the heat, also means almost the entire run in the dark- not my favorite, but better than running in the 90's

qotd: running is going good- I'm getting some good "adventure" long runs in on the weekends and that keeps morale high

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Monday I took a SRD.  I plan to run after work today, but then again we're supposed to get another round of thunderstorms this evening, so maybe not.

qotd: It hasn't been good lately, but I do feel I'm on the upswing.  My PF bugs me, but I can usually get it to go away by slowing down and changing up my stride.  I'm typically a mild heel striker, but if I shorten my stride a bit I can land on my mid-foot and it feels fine. It's a slow process, but I feel like it is improving each week and I have been able to ramp up the miles over the last 3 weeks.

tbd.