Trailer Trash

Lazy Weekender (Read 23 times)

Daydreamer1

I was going to title it the sickly SaturSundailies but that seemed just a little to downbeat.  But the fact is that I'm feeling just a little Sick animated emoticon

Part of it the hangover from the Nyquil that I took last night and part is because the creeping crud caught up to me. Guess that's what happens when you walk rather then run.

Yesterday's 4 mile walk went Ok and the foot tolerated it well so there is another one planned for this afternoon. Might just go a little further today and lightly jog a little bit more.

QOTD: How has been in your area and life with sickness?  My family has been OK, but my coworkers have been sick a lot with some nasty crud.  I honestly think it's some type of flu that they have but the Drs won't diagnose that since they had their Flu shots.  I'm hoping that the temps drop into the 20s again so I can spend more time outside and freeze the germs.  I swear by that.

AT-runner

Tim

Awesome weather for 6 miles on flat roads of Chincoteague. Then went to the beach and walked 5 more with our friends, who skipped the run. Sunny and nice breeze with temps in mid 40’s for the run. Stopped and had ice cream for lunch.

Dreamer - hope you feel better.

QOTD: Flu going around DW’s work. Never a good thing for a senior living center.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

20 mi with DD this morning, out-n-back along the riverside greenway.  Really foggy and rainy, about 50 deg.  First 7 miles were in the dark with all the mist reflecting back the light from headlamp/handheld.  DD was having stomach issues and my legs were a little tired even after my 5 SRDs, but we got it done in the gloomy weather.  Funny, the sun started breaking thru afterwards while we were at S'bucks.

qotd: Doesn't seem too bad, but a coworker was out for 3 or 4 days a while back, we were all glad she stayed home until she got better.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

15 miles with a friend struggle a bit for part but it passed.  Sunny but cold out there. Can’t be above 50!

Qotd:  oh yea it went though work pretty bad.  I rarely get sick, unless you include hangovers.  A friend I run with runs a home for those with dementia or Alzheimer’s aka. Than issues.  They closed the place to. Visitors for 10 do help resisdence from getting sick

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

12 miles with the Lady today on the hilly trails of Nolde Forest. Just sort of plugged along, enjoyed the mild day and the occasional trail wanderers (all walkers) that we'd run into on occasion. Mild out, about 50, but with the snow still in the woods and some wind up high felt a bit cooler. Still not complaining. Very nice for January. I had some assues today but thankfully when the pressure became intense I was a short jog away from the pit toilet. The Lady was definitely scared about going into the pit toilet (who can blame her!) but I was not going to leave her outside. It's a rare thing for me to have assues during a run... I think I can count the times on two hands in all my year's of running.

QOTD: Knock on wood, good so far. I had to have the flu shot for work (required, I work in healthcare IT but rarely visit hospitals and if I do I'm buried in IT workspace not on the floor) but don't put much stock in it. Anyways, no crud here yet. My sister, BIL, mom and dad all had it but that was over Thanksgiving and we did not travel down there over that holiday thus missed the exposure.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

GC100k

14 miles on the AT this morning on packed snow. Temps ~40 F.

QOTD: all good. If there's something going around, I haven't noticed.

NorthernHarrier

Oh man, what gorgeous weather for the 20th of Jan. Ran 15.5 on the roads as the trails would have just been snowy, slushy, muddy, etc. but for my winter running apparel I wore shorts and a tee. Unreal. The run was good until it wasn't as I ran out of gas with a couple miles to go. I am a work in progress. 

QOTD--Since I started back to work around the beginning of Nov. I have been having some respiratory issues. It's a warehouse type environment with a lot of sicky people running around and dust brought over from China.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

15 miles as an out and back on Helena Ridge.  Conditions were challenging to say the least (probably 2-3' of snow on the ridge).  Got about 3.5 miles of running with spikes before I started postholing too bad and switched to snowshoes.  Elk have been all over the trails and have not helped- great ankle workout as long you don't break your ankle 

qotd: few people at work sick, knock on wood, not me yet

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

20 miles with RBs at Purisima canyon, 4000' elevation gain.  Legs were feeling it and there was lots of hiking.  Haven't run that far in a few months.  Have a 50k in a couple of weeks but it has less climbing than what we did today so I know I'll get it done.  Might not be pretty but they rarely are.  

Lots of long runs today!  Sounds like the weather has been cooperative for many folks.

Warden, you are in Helena?  Was talking to my DH recently about taking trip to Glacier.  Have never been there. Where/when is Glacier not crowded with tourists?

QOTD: I've been healthy since the bronchitis in November.  DH is never sick.

Looks like I'm furloughed starting Monday.  Any other non-essential federal employees here?

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

September is usually the best time to go in my experience- tourists have died down and the snow has receded from all the trails; it's a really short window for Glacier (unless you want to ski or snowshoe) roughly end of June to end of September

we got an email Friday- we're deemed essential 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Warden, you are in Helena?  Was talking to my DH recently about taking trip to Glacier.  Have never been there. Where/when is Glacier not crowded with tourists?

From my trips there the crowds tend to be in West Glacier, Lake MacDonald, Logan Pass, and Many Glacier. I've not run into big crowds in the Two Medicine area. Winter snowfall and now long it takes to melt is also a factor which makes July, August, and September the best months for hiking and wild flowers. I'm sure Mike can fill you in on more specifics. I have some albums posted on FB from my 2016 visit after meeting Mike and running the HURL Elkhorn 50K.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

Bailed on my plans to run yesterday. I was slow in getting up, ran out of time, and then the stomach bug reintroduced itself. I've already bailed on today's plan A which was group run so my plan B (which really should have been plan A) is to run in the woods during DS's swim meet. It's a long one with a lot of time between his events, so I have no excuse. Except the trails are open to mountain bikers and I suspect with this great weather, I will have lots of company.

DH is essential, but it's a PIA since he can't really get any real work done since everyone else is non-essential and if other's don't do their part of the project, he can't do his... Ugh, what a waste.

qotd: It's been bad here-- mostly upper respiratory/cold. I finally got my flu shot a couple of weeks ago, even knowing it's only about 30% effective this year.  I'm not a great risk for flu, but I don't want to inadvertently pass it on to someone who is.

Gator eye

Did 8 yesterday, and 11 today. Nice to feel like a runner again, now i just ned to lose those extra pounds from being a non- runner for so long.

QOtD: seems like everyone in this area is walkimg around coughing, snoting, and sneezin

GC100k

Did 8 yesterday, and 11 today. Nice to feel like a runner again, now i just ned to lose those extra pounds from being a non- runner for so long.

I took 4 months off and lost significant weight. I was less hungry better able to discipline my eating. Now that I'm running again, I've regained most of what I lost. And the past few weeks I've increased the miles and increased the weight gain rate. I don't consciously eat more when I'm running more, but it turns out that way.

Sandy-2

5 mi this morning. Took a couple of miles to get loose, but after that it wasn’t bad.  I may miss some of the early game, ‘cause DW is dragging me along for some shopping.  I may have to drop by the TV area of the store... 

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL