Trailer Trash

It's Humpdaily (Read 35 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Some snow miles planned today in the battlefield.  Not too much traffic this time of year, and they don't plow much of the roads, so should be nice and peaceful.  Heading to DC tonight to see sister and will run in DC tomorrow in the cold.

My sister is having surgery today to remove her left breast and to reconstruct her right one.  Thoughts and prayer are always appreciated.

"You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live.” - Stuart Scott.

QOTD:  Do you go to your doctor regularly for physicals and screenings (prostate check, mammograms, etc.)?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Cold, but sunny, so I'm heading out for a few miles in the snow. Should be fun once I'm past the first mile.

AT: Sending good thoughts toward your sister.

QOTD: I used to, but in the past few years, our family's health insurances have varied very often, at times every three weeks, due to varying income and jobs of DH and/or me. I totally lost overview, as more than once the insurance was canceled before we even received cards for it, or by the time we had gotten a doc's appointment (that would fit with my irregular work schedule). So I did not make appointments for myself any more (just the kids got their regular checkups), and I haven't done several "annual" screenings in years.

I find it scary, but I just learned on my last OB/GYN visit that PAP smears, which used to be recommended (and paid for) every six months, are now only paid for every two years, so I guess many of the screenings are not necessary anyway.

Still worried, but I'm worn out and have become ignorant in that matter.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I will possibly get out tonight for a short run.  Supposed to be single digits and a wind chill well below 0.  I look forward to it.

AT: Will be praying for your sister.  My dad had a bout with melanoma a few years ago.  He didn't talk about it too much but it was evident the treatment took a lot out of him.  But at 74 yrs old, he still is doing relatively well.

QOTD: I will hit 40 this year and probably need to get my physicals annually.  Been doing them every other year.  But I need to find a new doctor - well I should say I want to.  I am not impressed by my current one.  I am not looking forward to the years of regular this and that "oscopy".  Please don't tell me that starts at 40?!?!?!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

It was 21 F and windy at the trail head when the pooch and I started out on our 4 mile trail run.  The snow covered trails and cool weather were actually very pleasant for trail running.  I do wish I had put on my spikes though as the refrozen snow was pretty slippery in places.

QOTD: I probably should, but no.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  High of -2F degrees here today.  Hmmm, ummmm, think I'll take a SRD.  I ran 5.5 miles last night in 4 degrees and that was coldafreakingnough.

Thinking about your sister today, AT.  What stage was she diagnosed with?

QOTD: I am young enough that I don't need to get mammograms yet and thankfully breast cancer doesn't run in my family either.  I don't go to the doctor often enough.  I should probably change that.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Not looking forward to running in the cold, but I should be able to talk myself into it eventually.

QOTD: I get regular check ups, at least twice yearly, as I have several values that are outside normal ranges or are abnormal, e.g. my EKG readings.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

Ended up doing a road run around the hood last night as I had a long day doing the work gig. By the time I got out it was 2F. Didn't seem too bad except in a couple open areas where the wind was whipping. As Mandy said though today is brutal. Wicked winds and school closures all over. A workout in the man cave seems the prudent decision.

boyjame- those should start around 50 and really they are no big deal. I'm on the 5yr plan.

QOTD--I'm not going back to a Dr. until I need the little blue pills. 

Occasional Runner

6 trail miles this morning. My trails are pretty jacked up because of the freeze/thaw thing we have going on right now. They're chunky and icy in the early morning, so running is pretty unsustainable until things settle out.

QOTD: I almost never see a doctor.

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work so no running for me.

AT -  Thoughts and prayers headed her way.  Breast cancer runs heavily in DW's family. She's had numerous biopsies. So far always clear but a little nerve wracking.

QOTD: I have to go at least once every two years for my physical for my commercial drivers license. Even though I rarely drive a big truck I like to keep it up to date. Otherwise I just go once a year. Mostly to get my cholesterol levels and liver enzymes checked. My current Doc is happy with once a year. Some of these yahoos want me to come in twice a year. Now that I'm turning 50 I'm sure they will want the whole prostate and coloscopy thing. Yuck.

sugnim

Good morning all.  I had a nice 4 mile run on the ice this morning by the light of the moon followed by a commute to work on foot.

AT:  I hope your sister will be well soon.

QOTD:  I do not.  But I see my dentist twice a year.

moonlightrunner

Planning a run after work in the fridgid freaking cold. Good thing lake Michigan is there to warm up the fridgid Wisconsin air at least a little!

AT: good thoughts for your sister.

Qotd: I do all I am supposed to. Due to famy history I have to have a colonoscpy every five years... I am late with that by a year.sometimes I put things off.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

Will get in 4 or 5 miles tonight, during swim practice, in what will be 20+ mph winds.  Will be on the roads, with my yak traks, since things are pretty icy still.  It's surprising to me how most folks here do NOT shovel their sidewalks.  I guess they are 'too busy'. 

AT-- best wishes for your sister's surgery and quick recovery.

qotd:  not regularly.  I've been counting on my genes to get me thru (though I insist DH and kids go annually).  It's been at least 5 years since my last  check-up so I'm probably due.  And hopefully before the kiddos catch up with my hypocrisy.  Ironically, like sugnim, I see my dentist twice a year, without fail.

AT - prayers sent your way! I hope the very best for your sister and her recovery.

I went out on a little operation acclimation run today, but -15 windchill was enough to put me back inside after one sad mile.  Hope to build my tolerance up over the next few weeks (or maybe it could get just a smidge warmer). I will hop on the elliptical here for some cardio soon.

QOTD: I'm bad about this. I'm too lazy to go to the doctor unless something is wrong.  We usually bang out a physical while I'm there and I still have youth on my side for now (...or maybe I'm just in denial)

muppy

8.1 miles on the snow-covered rail trail. Was 15° with a 40 mph winds, was really rather enjoyable and not nearly as bad as some of you have it! I

Jamie, good to see you getting back out there!

AT, hope your sister has a speedy recovery! My GF went through the same thing about 10 years ago and is doing great and hasn't had any problems since.

QOTD With my high cholesterol, diabetes and heart problems running in the family, I get a physical every year and keep a close eye on everything.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I walked the dogs this am which turn into a sprint when the new guy Jack took off.  I had Earl on the leash and keep stopping to see if I heard Jack, when all along Earl was following the same scent as Jack.  Once I let Earl take the lead we found Jack, sitting there wagging his tail.  Plan is 5 after work with the running group.

QOTD:  Once a year I go since I have insurance.

AT-runner:  Sending good thoughts your way that everything will go fine.

boyjame:  Your safe for another 10 years...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄