Trailer Trash

Humpday dailies (Read 19 times)

Daydreamer1

Not quite sure why I'd want it to be hump day, because for me the end of the week will be busier then the beginning.

Heading off to the gym for some Deutsches volumentraining (German Volume Training). Basically I'll drop the amount of weight I've been lifting but do a lot of sets with a lot of reps. It's supposed to work you so hard that you can only do it once a week for a muscle group. I'm trying to keep my gains from the winter but only go to the gym once a week.  Also want to get in a light 5 miles this evening.

Had a good run up on the mountain yesterday. Left me pretty beat up and sore though. As I was coming down the last stretch on a statte forest road a buzzard flew out of the woods and away from me going back into the woods about 1/3 of a mile away. It repeated that twice. The last time it flew back towards me and sat on a tree branch that went over the road. It watched me come down the road and as I ran under it it turned and watched me go down the road . I asked him what he knew that I didn't . Got no reply.  Had me wondering for a few minutes if the grim reaper was waiting around the corner. Never had a buzzard watch me before.

QOTD: It's that time of the year again to break out the sunblock. So what are you using, how much, how often.

We use Coppertone Sport SPF 30. I like it because it seems to soak in and even after a 5 hour run I can still wash some of it off. I slather it on heavy. Pretty much go out of the house in white face. So much that DS won't run in public with me.  Skin cancer runs heavily in my family and I already have thin skin on my arms and hands. Trying to preserve the skin as much as possible. I'll be that old man with a hundred skin tears.

LB2

I ran the little 3.25 mile loop this morning. I cooked some beans in the crock pot this morning, so I may get out for another loop after work.

QOTD: Good question. It has been a long time since I ran or hiked for a long time during daylight hours. Last week, I was in Colorado and was out for an extended period of time. I had forgotten how bad the snow reflects sunlight and didn't even think about sunscreen. I thought a lot about it that first night after spending the whole day out in the mountains. I think we used the same Coppertone Sport SPF 30 for the rest of the week. My daughter really paid the price. I at least had a good pair of shades and a hat. Although the hat didn't do much good as the reflection was up from the snow.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A speedy, for me, 3.5 miles last night as DS was practicing her soccer skills. I actually felt like I have a little something in me left if I ever decided to run a 5k again.  Not!

QOTD: I rarely run in the middle of the day and if I do I am usually in shade so I never wear sunscreen during a run.  At the pool - that's a different story.  I burn easily.  I use whatever DW gets for the kids.  I have no clue what SPF it is.  My kids are interesting though.  We get a pool pass each year and by the time we hit week 2 of the summer, they are all super tan.  DS2 by mid summer looks like a light skinned AA. And then there is me who, even with some sun burn, looks like a ghost.   Such is life.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Will do 5 mi at lunchtime today since I won't have time to run after work today.  I had 6am phone meetings Mon and Tues this week so I slept in this morning.  Fitting my runs in these last two weeks has been a pain, requiring advanced planning and thinking, my head hurts...  .

We'll be making an appearance up in PA this weekend, visiting family, we're gonna have what my DW calls a Jewish Easter...  lol.

qotd: Mostly run early in the morning on shady greenbelts so I usually don't wear sunscreen.  But when I'm going to be running in full sun for extended time I get a 'waterproof' 30 to 50 spf, whatever is on sale.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

XtremeTaper

Plans today include planet of fitness at lunch for weights and stretching. 7 to 8 miles tonight with the Lady. Trail TBD.

Last night about 8.5 miles up/down/up/down the hilly trails at Birdsboro Watershed. Warm spring evening, well pretty much summer temps (low to mid 80's). Nice to run in the heat without humidity and horseflies. Sections of this trail/property get crowded with the "high school punk" crowd this time of year. I mean that nicely of course. So we saw many people out for a walk/hike. Ran into a gal resting after a steep climb and seems her friends were embarrassed that an old man was running by them at the crest of the hill. Caught you slacking I laughed. Then the Lady stopped to get petted and we had a little laugh. Water flowing everywhere last night down the hills to the reservoirs but the trails were dry and in decent shape.

QOTD: I don't use sunscreen for running, but rarely run in open/exposed areas. Sitting out by the pool or beach, I use whatever we have lying around. Always wear a hat for mowing/yardwork, golfing as well, but not running. Makes me feel too hot.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Trying to get in a few miles at lunchtime, but might not happen.  If not, I'll run later tonight.

Sandy - where in PA?

QOTD:  I use the spray on SPF 30.  Have 2 bottle of sun tan spray and a bottle of bug spray in the back of my car in my running gear section.  My Irish skin has 2 colors, white and red. I started using the spray for golfing to keep hands dry, and now use it for running.  After I park the car, I spray the exposed areas and then spray my hat and pack and legs with the bug spray.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

5 miles around the mt.

qotd its got a frog on label.

Gator eye

We got in 8 this morning, little cold for shorts at 38 but once I dig them out I hate not wearing them.

QOTD: I live in Michigan we are only allowed two sunny days and two warm days a year (usually not on the same day) so on those days I wear a hat.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got off this morning and ran a wee bit over 4.  Stayed up to late but FH called to get me out of bed and run the dogs.  Last night run Jack and I saw a bush move so he went to check it out and it was a turkey.  Jack startled it so it yelled gooble, gooble which in turn started a deer further up the hill that took off running.  That was my excitement for the day. 

DD can relate to this...hubby is heading to Texas to get our trailer when the light comes on.  So now he is getting a new transmission put in the car.  At least it happened before he picked up the trailer.  Oh did I ever mention a month ago I let my car overheat ( I say when I did report to my husband the heater quit working and does that have anything to do with fluids and he continued to let me drive and kill it for 3 more days) and cracked the heads.  So in a month that's $7,500 to car repairs. 

QOTD:  Hawaiian Tropic 15 and 30...I don't use it for runs unless I know I will be in a totally exposed trail.  I'm a tanner and the damage has been done at this point in my life.

DD:  Every guy loves hump day!    unless he lathers sun screen so thick on his face that it is white.  Then it just another Wednesday.

LB:  So I guess since you have part of dinner prepared you can run again in the evening...or because you are eating beans today you need to run in the evening to keep that stink outside?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It appears this spring you are having way better weather than here in CA.  I am in rain and my sister in TC MI keeps talking to me about sunny warm days!!

We got in 8 this morning, little cold for shorts at 38 but once I dig them out I hate not wearing them.

QOTD: I live in Michigan we are only allowed two sunny days and two warm days a year (usually not on the same day) so on those days I wear a hat.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I got a nice few miles in this morning. I was a little sore bc last night I borrowed my neighbors

leaf blower and cleared a mile and half of trail that leads to the other trails. That should count

as a double. As I was running down the hill behind the house with leaf blower clearing the

trail DW said something about it looking like a phallic symbol.

I'm not concerning myself with distance right now, more interested in re-establishing my routine.

I can't find my Garmin anyway, time for an upgrade.

QOTD: I stopped using sunscreen, I just minimize my exposure. I figure humans have survived

for thousands of years before Coppertone came along, and I'm not convinced of its effectiveness

anyway. I did have a cancerous growth removed from my nose in 2000, the Doc said to just come

back and have it removed if I get it again.

Gator eye

It appears this spring you are having way better weather than here in CA.  I am in rain and my sister in TC MI keeps talking to me about sunny warm days!!

Ok you caught me, i might be stretching the truth a little bit only by a few days

Npw the more important question is, has your sister found any morals yet? I'm planning a weekend mushroom trip but looking for a positive report before I go.

NorthernHarrier

No more hump days for me as I am now paroled, liberated, free, or whatever as of 1:15 P.M. today. Grabbing the dogs and a few odds and ends and heading up to my shack for a couple days and then to Tennessee on Sunday. I will work again as a part time guy come winter but I can choose my days and get whatever time off I want so not really too bad but until then it's play time.   Day off from running and it is really calm and nice out right now-perfect for a bike ride but I would like to get to my shack before dark.

QOTD--I do use sunscreen but seldom on a run unless it is to be a real long one. Fishing, canoeing, being a beached whale, etc. and I am slathering up with either a 30 or a 50. My skin type is the kind that seldom burns, just tans but I am worried somewhat of my skin abuse in my younger days. I know a number of folks who have had skin cancer--not cool.

Sandy-2

Sandy - where in PA?

State College.  Planing to do a jaunt up on Tussey while I'm there.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

She's not the type....that's what a grocery store and restaurants are for...hell I don't think she even cooks!!! 

Ok you caught me, i might be stretching the truth a little bit only by a few days

Npw the more important question is, has your sister found any morals yet? I'm planning a weekend mushroom trip but looking for a positive report before I go.