Trailer Trash

Monday (Read 26 times)

runtraildc

No catchy title for today.  It's monday, and the first weekday of daylight savings with many of us might still adjusting.  I had a head start, with a number of earlier than usual risings before yesterday so I seem to be faring better than the rest of the family.  Meanwhile, it also is a rest day for me, with plans to get to the gym later for a strength workout.

qotd:  What's the weirdest thing in your refrigerator right now?   For me, it's a tight contest between the jar of whey (from making yogurt), kimchi tofu  and a half used bottle of liquid ibuprofen leftover from a kid illness earlier this year.    

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hooray for DST!  This evening runner doesn't have to run in the dark anymore!    That said, I am taking a sweet, sweet SRD today.  37 miles last week.  I think I'm ahead in this little March contest I'm not participating in too.  :look:

QOTD: I'm finally whittling down my beer collection, but I still have some beers that are 2-3 years old now.  And we always have an abundance of mustard and collard greens that no humans consume - they're for the lizard. 

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Not sure of the run today. Either a day off or a short 5 miles on the road or trail after work. Scheduled cutback week.

So I'll post yesterday's run instead...  in wonderful conditions. High 50's, close to 60, grey skies, no wind, some rain and drizzle that stopped sometime before we finished. We did sort of a wing it route  at French Creeek, wanting to get 2.5-3 hours. Fun part of the route was a bit of off trail shenanigans where we hiked/scrambled up a power-line cut (about 400-500 feet up I suppose) dodging stickers and brush. This will be completely undoable in another few weeks. LadyB thought this to be perfectly normal behavior. The reason for the scramble is we ran my new found trail, but when it petered out where I thought it would be went back up the hill a different route. Anyways, we had fun and one of the highlights being crushing some mountain bikers on a big uphill. We reeled them in just before the top, and they ended up stopping to let us go by. One of them pretended to be having a mechanical malfunction but I think it was just an excuse. Ha. I guess maybe 13 miles for the run.

QOTD: Coconut oil. Don't ask me why. My wife picked it more than a year ago I think based on a tip from her hippy sister. A jar of it sits back there barely used. Now my mom & dad's fridge.. there are some experiments going on in there.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to drop a vehicle off at the garage for it's annual inspection. Then it's on to the hospital to see DW's brother.  He seems to be doing better. DW went in last Thursday and kicked some butt. They finally decided to get their butts in gear and actually get aggressive with treating him.  I'm hoping to get home in time for a run before it gets dark. Probably only about 6-7 miles on the road.

Mandy - I second the support for DST. Can't believe how many people claim they would stay on standard time if given the chance.

QOTD:  Nothing real weird. Some things are ridiculous. Like the 3/4 filled flask of peanut butter hammer gel that has separated and may be growing some type of interesting cultures. Next time I'll pay more and get the individual packets.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Pi day to any fellow nerds out there.

Resting today. Pretty stiff slipping on wet rocks yesterday.

QOTD:  Insulin.  DD#2 moved back home and she's been a diabetic since she was 2.  Our egg drawer on the door, has never had eggs in it, always a few vials of insulin.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening

qotd: my wife is a cook, so lots of weird (to me) bottles of stuff that I often mistake for something else- it pays to be careful 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Maybe a run tonight, otherwise will probably get in a workout some other way at the gym.

Go ahead and rub it in Mandy!

XT - sounds like a fun adventure.

QOTD: Nothing really too strange.  Our freezers though, have dozens upon dozens of freeze pops and popsicles - probably well over 150.  Mother in law have given us tons of them over the last year and even with three kids, we still cannot keep up with it.  Not too weird but certainly funny to open the freezer in the garage to see.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

bagge_pants

Heading out for a local Pi Day fun run sponsored by Pearl Izumi. I'm going for the free t shirt. lol - and maybe someone else wants to treat it like a tempo. I'll plan on running three to get there and the run in 3.14  so maybe like 6 in the rain here.

QOTD: that's a funny question. there are some interesting pickling experiments by some of my housemates

Sandy-2

5 mi along the waterfront in Yokohama this morning. Yesterday it rained like cats and dogs, so this morni g's clear crisp sky's were nice. Here's a photo of were I ran, went along the canal to the left, then over the last bridge in the foreground and around the point in the middle and off to the right for a while, then came back. Took the photo from my hotel room before I left for the run.

Now I'm waiting for a domestic flight to the southern part of Japan.

qotd:  believe it or not, nothing too wierd. We eat anything wierd (and smelly) out in local restaurants or food carts.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So tried out the back this morning and then decided to just walk.  I was bracing myself fir the pain...I will try again tomorrow..  Did walk 3 mikes.

qotd:  insulin...my nephew's girlfriend told us if you give insulin to a non diabetic it woukd kill them and be non trasable. She then left a vile in our fridge...neither of us have thrown it out yet 😉

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄