Trailer Trash

summer Monday (Read 27 times)

runtraildc

End of school and the start of early am swimming got me up and out the door early today.  Got in 4 miles while kiddo #1 was in the pool.  Also discovered there are open swim lanes for the public at this hour so I may do some cross training this summer in an attempt to horrify and embarrass my kids.

qotd:  Who is the most famous person you have ever met?  Mine is a typical DC answer, so I'll refrain as others will have much more interesting stories, I imagine.

LB2

I'll probably take a 5 mile horsefly killing adventure after work. I have been knocking them dead this summer, so far. I may do 7; it depends.

QOTD: I have met quite a few folks over the years. Neil Young is the one who comes to mind. I managed to sneak back stage at the Farm Aid show in New Orleans in 96ish... I found myself in the VIP tent, and there was a line to get autographs. I thought we were in the line to eat. I didn't have anything for him to sign, but I got to the front of the line and he said, "Hi. do you have something for me sign?" I said, "Wait a minute, I thought you were in line to get my autograph." We had a good laugh; we had a short conversation, shook hands, and I went to get in the line to eat.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I will try and get out for a short run tonight.  My legs feel good after my LR yesterday.  This is promising to me.  I was also happy yesterday that my back was the same exact time as my out - this without wearing a watch.  If I cannot be fast, I want to be consistent.

QoN (from yesterday) - very nice mileage.  Do you feel like you're reading or near ready for your 50?

QOTD:  I once met Allen Iverson's mother during his rookie year going to a game.  Not so famous so...no I haven't.

Have a great day!

End of school and the start of early am swimming got me up and out the door early today.  Got in 4 miles while kiddo #1 was in the pool.  Also discovered there are open swim lanes for the public at this hour so I may do some cross training this summer in an attempt to horrify and embarrass my kids.

Awesome!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Morning, all. Rest day for me. Ended up DNF'ing at Laurel Highlands, dropped at mile 39 (my first DNF) on Saturday. I couldn't pinpoint one reason except I gave up mentally. Lots of other little reasons - 90% humidity, my stomach went south, dehydration blah blah...but in the end, my mental focus just quit and I couldn't come back from it. First time that's happened to me during a race, and it happened fairly early on, somewhere in the 20's. Regardless, it was a beautiful course and I hope to go back someday, whether in a racing or backpacking capacity.

Saw XT at the pre-race dinner - hope you fared better than I did!

QOTD: Can't think of anyone good right now...it might come to me later today.

AT-runner

Tim

Did a early morning treadmill run since a thunderstorm was rolling in.  It didn't cool anything off.  I miss the snow!

QOTD:  Met several politicians when I lived in DC, but they all suck, so I'll go with move stars.  When the filmed the movie Gettysburg, I was chosen to be one of the doctors and got to go on set a few times.  I can't tell you who I took care of, but on the set, Martin Sheen was as nice as could be and he ended up donating a lot of money to the Hispanic in the community and even bought a house for them to use as a community center.  On the other hand, Tom Berenger was a prick.  He drank his way through town and 2 different places had to ask him not to come back because he was so mean to the staff.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Feel sleepy tired after yesterdays run...may run something today but just because I feel bad for the dogs.

QOTD:  Mike Ness he came over to our house to buy some junk.  My husband asked him what he did for a living seeing that he was fully tattooed and driving and driving a Mercedes that cost more than a100 grand.  I would rather have met Neil Young!

Jaime:  uh no...well maybe..my running partner says I have it physically but my head may kill me.  I think she could be right.  I always think of the finish, her advice stay present.

Cocktails:  Sorry to hear.  DNF are hard to get over like a unwanted breakup 

Runtraildc:Can't you be a cool Mom and just disappear from there lives until they need something!    Enjoy your swim...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Ended up DNF'ing at Laurel Highlands, dropped at mile 39 (my first DNF) on Saturday. I couldn't pinpoint one reason except I gave up mentally. Lots of other little reasons - 90% humidity, my stomach went south, dehydration blah blah...but in the end, my mental focus just quit and I couldn't come back from it. First time that's happened to me during a race, and it happened fairly early on, somewhere in the 20's. Regardless, it was a beautiful course and I hope to go back someday, whether in a racing or backpacking capacity.

Sorry to hear.  I was thinking about you guys as it was pretty humid around here on Saturday.

AT-runner

Tim

Jaime:  uh no...well maybe..my running partner says I have it physically but my head may kill me.  I think she could be right.  I always think of the finish, her advice stay present.

Good advice.  You're stronger mentally than you think. The out and back course should really help you. Once you turn, every step is closer to the cold beer.

XtremeTaper

Good morning all... rest day here most definitely. Quads are feeling like first marathon soreness but the ache is fading and it's a wonderful ache seeing that I squeezed out a 5 minute PR at Laurel Highlands at age 53. I beat my 46 year old self not because I'm faster but because I'm still in decent shape and a bit smarter. Might take the dogs for a walk later depending on the storms.

QOTD: I can't think of anyone famous. I did have dinner one night in Boston during marathon week and a couple of high profile Yankees were sitting at a table nearby. A-Rod and Jeter. It was sort of funny, A-rod was sort an A-hole while Jeter was trying to get the hot hostess to hook him up with a good club.

T&C - Sorry about LH. The course was beautiful this year with the laurel in full bloom. If it had just rained sooner it might have kept you going.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That's my problem!  But you are right the out and back may actually help me mentally.

Once you turn, every step is closer to the cold beer.

Hey AT are you and your wife coming to Lake Tahoe?  We are planning a 32 mile point to point in desolation wilderness weekend of 07/11

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

SRD for me.

T&C: bummer, but it does happen.  I'm sure you'll come back strong though.

qotd: I met President Bush (the elder) at a furniture store in Houston. I too would have rather met Neil Young.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

That's my problem!  But you are right the out and back may actually help me mentally.

Hey AT are you and your wife coming to Lake Tahoe?  We are planning a 32 mile point to point in desolation wilderness weekend of 07/11

No, change in plans.  DD#1 got a new job with Columbia Sports and she and DS are coming home in a month for a visit.  We couldn't get all 3 kids on the same schedule to make it happen, primarily since 2 of them are heading to Chicago to see the Dead..  We will get there some day, and you can show us where to run.

Daydreamer1

Sitting at work so this is a SRD. Even if I was at home it would still be a rest day, at least from running. Put 51 miles on the legs last week, which is probably the highest weekly mileage all year. Considering that I haven't run more the 17-18 MPW since late April this was a big jump.

runtrail -- Embarrassing your kids is always great. I still try to find ways to do it.

LB2 - Had some of those bastard horseflies chasing me yesterday. Not quite as bad as the deer flies though.

Jamie - Godd to hear your legs are feeling good.

TnC - Sorry to hear you had to DNF. That always sucks.

AT- Hush the snow talk. Sweating is better than freezing.

Queen - Must be something in the air. I could take a nice long nap myself.

XT - Can't wait to read the RR.

QOTD: After sitting here thinking about this for awhile I'm feeling very inadequate, at least compared to my Dad and grandparents.  My Grandparents had a produce farm in southern Maryland and often rubbed shoulders with some of the bigshots from Washington. My Dad spent quite a few years providing fire and crash protection for Airforce One and Two, so he saw and spoke with quite a few of the people at the highest levels of government including Presidents.  For myself, I can't think of anyone famous that I've met.  Oh, I did do a medical assessment on a very wealthy business man one time. A old school gentleman who was truely a delight to interact with.

Occasional Runner

I had another shitty trail run this morning. The last few days have been terrible. My legs feel heavy and sluggish and my body just isn't getting with the program. Maybe I need more sleep.

QOTD: My ex wife's family was very wealthy and were also very good friends with the McCain family. I met John McCain on several occasions. I have also met Burke Jones...so there's that.

LB2

QOTD:  Mike Ness he came over to our house to buy some junk.  My husband asked him what he did for a living seeing that he was fully tattooed and driving and driving a Mercedes that cost more than a100 grand.  I would rather have met Neil Young!

I met Mike, too. I have probably seen Social D more than some members of Social D. They are my favorite punk band, by far.

LB2