Trailer Trash

Lurker Fridaily (Read 33 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Our group size seems to wax and wane with injuries / seasonal / etc. So, if you are a lurker, stop in and say hello. We'd love to hear where you run.

Beautiful day here in South Central PA. Someone turned the humidity switch off after our 3rd thunderstorm last night. We got over 6" of rain and there was some local flooding.  Hoping to do a short run tonight (might be a roadie) and 16 miles on trails tomorrow.  Then going to a Brew Festival with 50 craft beer vendors, music and food.  It will be a good way to recover after the morning run.

Good luck to Kelly at Leadville. Anyone else racing or pacing this weekend?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

USRD.  I ve been a little on the wishy washy side on how to handle the 3 weeks in between my last race and the one coming up. I need some rest but I don't want to loose anything by over resting.

Always looking for free advise.

AT-runner

Tim

USRD.  I ve been a little on the wishy washy side on how to handle the 3 weeks in between my last race and the one coming up. I need some rest but I don't want to loose anything by over resting.

I had about the same time between my R2R2R run and a 24hr race.  I eased up the first week and then 10 days after the canyon I did 16 miles and then tapered for the race. That was a fast turn around for me, so others with more experience in this might chime in.  Good luck with recovery. You have it already in the tank, so no need to really push things until the race.

XtremeTaper

Good morning all... Last night was a rainy and wet 7 miles out at Coventry Woods. Various levels of rain from light to steady to downpour and back again. Mostly steady rain though. Surprising at the top of the ridge and what I call "the junction" there was some dude just sitting there on the bench. It sort of surprised me to see someone out there in the rain. No wind or lightening so just a wet rainy run. Sort of slow due to the slick conditions. Might run the green lane lake loopie tonight... 13 miles. Or maybe something shorter.

QOTD: Based on AT's post, last craft beer consumed. If you don't partake, well too bad.  Big grin

For me, it was a Victory Whirlwind Witbier last night from their summer variety pack.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NHLA

Sierra Navada brewery Ashevile NC

NHLA

6 miles Echo Mt  pic of Sierra Navada Brewery Asheville NC. A must see.

QOTD  Dale's Pale Ale

I'm admittedly part of the group that comes and goes. It follows my running patterns. I've taken a couple months off after Laurel Highlands and just getting back into running now with some short stuff.

On that note, they changed the date Sloppy Cuckoo to Oct. 11 this year because of the Pope visiting Philly, which is convenient since now I can run it.  I just signed up for the 6.55 miler, mostly because the starting line is less than a mile from my new house.  Anyone else signed up to run?

QOTD: I had a Dogfish Head 61 minute IPA last night. It's like the 60 minute, but infused with Syrah grapes. Some say it's too fruity but I really enjoyed it.

LB2

I ran 5 this morning.

QOTD: Great Raft Commotion APA (I had 2 last night).

Looks like the last race was 100K; I don't know what your next race is. However, I don't think you are in any danger of losing any fitness with some shorter, faster runs in between. I can tell you this: If I can run a 100K about 8 weeks out from a 100 miler, the longest run I will do in the next 8 weeks would be no more than one or two 30 milers (probably one 30 and about 2 or 3 twenty fives). And I'd save that 30 miler for four weeks out. Last year, I ran a 50 miler, 6 weeks out and a 37 miler the following week. The 37 was just something I was doing with a friend who was running 24 hours on a track. After that, I pretty much took it easy for the last 4 weeks prior to the race, a long taper. I finished comfortably. I was well rested. I felt good the whole time, blah, blah, blah. So, I wouldn't worry too much about it, just hit a 20 miler and then some shorter stuff.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm basically on lurker status these days.  Haven't run in over 2 months now.   I'm turning into a fat and lazy slug. 

Oh man, that sounds really good.  I need to go look for one of those.

I had a Dogfish Head 61 minute IPA last night. It's like the 60 minute, but infused with Syrah grapes. Some say it's too fruity but I really enjoyed it.

QOTD: I can't remember the last time I had a beer.  I'll just see myself out...

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Scorpion Pepper Porter from Battlefield Brew Works in Gettysburg.  From their Beer App - "A smoked English Style Porter with scorpion peppers added".  I really liked it, but DW did not.

NHLA - DW and I went to the Taproom 2 years ago. I had a Bigfoot something or other. It was pretty strong.

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at my part time job. If I get out at 6 pm like I'm supposed to I'll get a short 4.5-6.3 miles in depending on how I feel.

QOTD:  Don't really drink beer.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Run and step machine last night at the gym followed by a workout.  I have never sweat so much in my life.  Not sure why, it was 68 deg in the gym - supposedly.

Rest today.  Run tomorrow when I can fit it in and then race day Sunday.

QOTD: nada

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

some call me Tim

I'll get another semi-quick 5 in later on. Lots of mowing in store for today.

Gator, some rest is obviously in order, esp considering you ran hard (congrats, btw, on a well executed race and 4th place finish!). And one thing I always like to remind myself of when making these kinds of decisions is that it takes about two weeks for training stimulus to have any benefit, so at a certain point you're approaching it from the perspective of wanting to maintain your current fitness - not build more. That tends to keep me out of trouble like adding in an inadvisable late long run. Generally speaking, you can get more out of resting than you can from training at this point, so just like LB said, once that initial recovery window has passed do some short quicker runs to keep from getting too sluggish and *maybe* a slow mid long run though it takes a hell of a lot longer to lose that kind of fitness.

qotd: Just had another Oskar offering called Pinner Throwback IPA. It was good, but it wasn't Dale's. Still, glad to have more good beer in cans.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Still very (very) smoky here- hazardous air warning- so didn't even ride my bike to work; hoping to go backpacking tomorrow, supposed to get a front moving in that might clear some of the smoke out- we'll see

qotd: Trout Slayer Ale, but I've been partaking in Session Lagers of late and am growing fond

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Watoni

Got a brik day in yesterday -- an hour ride with a 20 minute climb in the am, then a 5-mile run in the evening. Probably a ride this evening (please) and hopefully a ride/run combo Saturday. My calendar just reminded me I am supposed to be in Leadville ----- doh!

QOTD: I drink too much wine, beer would be cheaper but the bride likes wine. Last beer I had was a Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier. A classic since 1040.