Trailer Trash

Moody Mondaily (Read 36 times)

moonlightrunner

Moody because I AM SO SICK OF THE COLD AND SNOW! I am all dressed to go out for a run...but decided to wait for a little daylight to go with all the new snow, subzero temps and extreme wind chills. I do not recall a winter that was this relentlessly cold AND snowy. It sucks.

I hope you all are having better weather...but I doubt it

Planning 3-4 fridgid miles without The Pointer. It is too cold to take her out with me.

TT: What was wrong with Marley the other day (Friday)? What causes that type of behavior? I hope he has made a good recovery.

Qotd: If you could pack your bag today and go anywhere...where would it be?

I think it would be Hawaii. I suspect it is the one place I can count on there being no snow. There are some beautiful mountainous trails there (I've seen pics)...and I could wear shorts and a t shirt!

Happy Trails today everyone! Stay safe out there.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  Got in a little over 9 city miles last night, ending up here:

qotd:  This is a hard one.  Hawaii sounds pretty good, since I've never been.  But today,  I'll choose Costa Rica (jungles, mountains and the sea).

Morning. After a crappy training week last week I am planning to make the most of it this week. Going out today for about 6 miles.

I, too, am sick of this weather. It is definitely affecting my moods. I figure that we all get stressed/unhappy sometimes and running is our way to release that. When the weather is this extreme, running doesn't necessarily cheer me up much, but it's still worth going.

QOTD: I would probably go to Bora Bora and stay in one of those huts out on the water.

NorthernHarrier

A tad chilly here too. -6F right now with DROPPING temps during the day. Wind chills from -25 to -45.  Everything is closed today, couldn't even go to the pool for my laps. I have to drive thru the blowing and drifting snow in a bit. Should be fun.

Yesterday I did a nice 2 hour snowshoe run/hike on the single track at Cam-Rock. Would have kept going longer but developed a nice blister on my heel. Seem to get about one per year. Weights and core work after that. Today will be light weights with a longer elliptical session.

QOTD--came close to booking a trip to Costa Rica several weeks ago ourselves. Kinda surprised at what I thought were reasonable prices for going there. So in a coin toss either there or spend the week up at the cabin in the cold and snow just to cross-country ski. Crazy huh?

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all!

SRD for me today. Last week was a good one with 41 miles running, 2.5 hours on the bike, but I shirked ab/core/pushup routines that were scheduled.  Oh well.

QOTD: I am packing my bags tonight and flying to Fort Lauderdale early Tuesday for a conference.  I can't wait.

**Ask me about streaking**

Also it's in the 30's here in Philly today, I've never been so happy before to see a "3" in the temperature reading!

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Slept in because my bed was sooo warm.  Finally got up late and realized that at 38*F, I could have worn shorts this morning.  will head out for lunch.

Got in a nice trail run on Saturday; 11.4 miles thru 6-8" of snow, unevenly packed down by some skiers and hikers earlier in the week.  Had to wipe my butt with a snowball or two, since all the leaves were covered.  Worked better than I thought it would.

QOTD:   I'd go to florida to visit my dad.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Occasional Runner

Resting today and will probably write a race report later. We're leaving Phoenix this morning and plan to go to St. George for some trail running in red rock country tomorrow.

Perfect weather in the desert southwest.

QOTD: Uhhhh....St, George?

Sandy-2

Yesterday my DD called me from the horse stable she works at and asked if I'd join her for a 5 mile run when she finishes with her last lession (she gives them).  Hard to pass up even though I had already done 9 in the morning, so it turned into a two-a-day for me.  It was great hitting the trails, she is a natural running on the trails, but I guess she has learned a thing or two from all that trail riding she does.  We are planning on doing a trail half marathon together in a few weeks.

Today is a SRD for me.

qotd:  I won't tell you guys that it was in the low 70's when I ran with my DD yesterday afternoon.  Sorry.  Actually I'd like to get into some snow, so I'll house-sit your mountain homes while you jet off to some warm place.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers.  Strength training this evening, legs are a wee bit sore from two strenuous  mountain runs this weekend Smile

qotd: somewhere where the temps are in the low 60's for highs, mountains to run, views to soak in-maybe the Gila in New Mexico????

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Had a nice time at Chincoteague Island.  DW and I got in 2 cold windy runs.  I love the beach during all seasons, but wouldn't have minded if it was warmer.

Cheer up moonlightrunner, Spring is less than 2 months away.

Some pictures from Chincoteague / Assateague.  Here are some of the famous wild ponies.

Lighthouse in the distance.

We has a stretch along the ocean.  We were running downwind so not too cold here.  "The sea was rough that day."

This one is for jonferg.  Ice chunks floating in the bay.

QOTD:  Back to Ireland and see some relatives.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning! Got in a 4ish mile jaunt on snowy trails yesterday.  Was absolutely wonderful.  My knees did not think so but I did.

Sandy - love hearing the stories about running with the kids no matter how old they are.

QOTD: So many places.  I am not minding the snow and cold yet so I think I will buck the trend of retreating somewhere warm and go to Bar Harbor, Maine - one of my fav places.  Would love to stay in a place with a warm cozy fireplace but get out for some winter hikes, runs and learn to x-country ski.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Marley and I had a nice 5 mile trail run. The trail was easier today since there was a track broken everywhere and most places it was packed well.  So we ran the same route and distance in the same time with a lower heart rate,

QOTD:  Tough call.  If going alone probably New Zealand, if taking DW Hawaii.

TT: What was wrong with Marley the other day (Friday)? What causes that type of behavior? I hope he has made a good recovery.

She is doing great now, but we really do not know what the problem was.   She has been full of energy and anxious to run since then including the next morning.   She has had a similar attack a few times over the years.  The first time we thought she nibbled some mushrooms, but subsequent times it wasn't that time of year.  So we really don't know.  She could have eaten something or it could even be a seizure.  We just don't know and the vet hasn't been much help other than hydrating and stabilizing her when it was especially bad.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

Rest day.

QOTD: Utah

LB2

Chnaiur

Back from a trip to Europe last week. Last week I woke up in Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, on an airplane, Amsterdam, London, and Stockholm. I'm not surprised I have a cold brewing, but if I don't feel worse I'll go for a light 5-miler.

QOTD: I don't really feel like traveling right now, but in two weeks I'm doing what I would ideally want to be doing: going to Japan to ski with some of my best friends.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k