Trailer Trash

Thawing Thursday (Read 36 times)

Hi all,

Got in 5.5 last night....felt more difficult that I expected but I suppose that's because I haven't been running too much lately.

Might do a "holiday lights run" around South Philly tonight with 150 of my closest friends Wink Did it last year and had a great time. Chris McDougall (of Born to Run fame) showed up last year...sandals and all.  The run ends at a bar, naturally.

QOTD: Nope.

Low_O2

4.9 miles around the neighborhood with the dog this morning. Getting closer to thawing around here, I think it was 25 deg when I headed out.

QOTD: No sleighs, but have been around a few horses.

sugnim

QOTD:  No, but my mom rode in a sheet of horse drawn plywood for a 1/4 mile when she was in labor, since it snowed the day I was born and our cars were snowed in.  Does that count?

That is so awesome!  I hope someone got a photo of that.

muppy

I have ATD (Attention Treadmill Disorder) and only got in 3 miles on the hammstermill.

QOTD: No

I have the same problem, made it  3 miles1 on Tuesday and that's enough treadmill for me for the year.

Got in 9 last night

QOTD I've never been on a horse drawn sled, just been on a horse drawn wagon.

Daydreamer1

Got out yesterday for a 6+ mile run. First time in quite a while. Won't get any miles in today as I'm on a 24 hour shift. The rest of the month should be better. Took my final Chemistry exam on Monday, got a "B" for the course. No more classes for the next 5 weeks .

QOTD: Never in a horse drawn sleigh. My grandparents were Old Order Mennonite so I got some buggy and wagon rides, including some in the winter, but never got a ride in a sleigh.

XtremeTaper

No thaw here. Your post reminds me of being down in central FL last month when temps were in the 50's where I saw people bundled up in jackets and tights while I was cruising along the trail in short sleeves sweating my ass off.

Crisp and cold here today even during midday. I did a hilly 6 mile loop out on the road. A good plan to head out into the wind and finish the loop up with the breeze behind me. Felt downright tropical on the return part of the loop.

QOTD: Nope, never been on a winter horse drawn sleigh ride. A carriage ride in the fall in the Georgia coastal town of St. Mary's as part of a wedding celebration is the closest I've came to that sort of thing.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm doing nothing today...was at holiday party last night and have another tonight.

weather is thawing...

QOTD:  Hay ride...buggy rides, no sleigh.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Kinda mild over here in London this week.  Did an easy 4 miles around St James and Green Park this morning.  First run since the 100, felt ok.

qotd: yes one evening last winter in Norway. We had a bottle of Aquivit to keep us warm. Huge heavy duty sleigh, and even larger horses.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL