Trailer Trash

Wasatch WTF (Read 36 times)

Watoni

Anyone know details of Kelly's Wasatch? I was really pulling for him to complete the Slam .....

Sandy-2

Bummer.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Occasional Runner

I got overheated coming into Lambs Canyon and couldn't recover. I spent 2 hours trying to eat and drink but just kept puking the entire time. I wanted to leave the aid station and finish, but without calories and hydration, it was just impossible.

It sucks because I was having a good race and a lot of fun. I'm just not prepared for running in that hot weather.

I'm going to try to assemble a short race report later today.

AT-runner

Tim

I got overheated coming into Lambs Canyon and couldn't recover. I spent 2 hours trying to eat and drink but just kept puking the entire time. I wanted to leave the aid station and finish, but without calories and hydration, it was just impossible.

It sucks because I was having a good race and a lot of fun. I'm just not prepared for running in that hot weather.

I'm going to try to assemble a short race report later today.

Man, so sorry to hear.  Well you toed the line and gave it your all, take pride in that. Speedy recovery.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Such a bummer!

Would love to hear your thoughts on heat training/nutrition going forward.

At the very least, you did three more 100-milers than I will this year (and a race I may never get the opportunity to  run in WS100) as part of your Slam attempt. Kudos!