Trailer Trash

Wet Weekender (Read 21 times)

runtraildc

Got in 3 miles with the group this morning during a dry spell, but overall, we're in store for a cool, wet weekend.  Doesn't bode well for tomorrow's HM. Very wet and windy. If my carpool bails, I might too. I'm not going for a PR so I don't' feel the need for a sufferfest. Yes, if you haven't suspected this long ago, I'm a wuss.

qotd: Based on comments recently, how strong is your desire to pack up and relocate? On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the greatest sense to flee, I'm probably a 7. I'm fine here in DC-MD for the time being, but in 3 years, the second son will be done with high school, our mortgage will be paid off in 4 and DH is a little over 7 years from fed retirement so a 'next phase of life' is on the horizon. We're definitely thinking of moving. I'd like to move to Maine, near Acadia. Cape Cod would be another choice. DH is aspiring to just move closer to the Bay here.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Almost 4 with the mutts this morning before leaving them for the day to go quad riding.   Same spot down the road from me 2 huge piles of bear shit fresh and mushy and a spot looks like he slept that night.  About 1/4 mike later we heard him..dogs smelled him but no see him.

Qotd:  I live in a awesome spot...but...would love to get a smaller house and yard so less maintence and the ability to travel without worrying about house.  It is also too far from family MI so I would give it a 8.

runtrail: not a wimp but smart

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

18 miles for me.  Jealous of you folks getting rain.  I did some watering around the yard after my run.  Leaving early on Sunday to head up to Tahoe, volunteering at the Tahoe 200, Sierra AS at mile 140.  Three friends are running it, one is at mile 86 and two are at mile 71.  Courtney is looking strong, to no one's surprise.

RunTrail, nothing wrong with skipping a sufferfest.  Always more sufferfests out there. 

Queen, I'd rather see a bear than hear him, at least that way you know where he is.

QOTD, I'd say I'm about a 1 on moving.  I really like where I live.  Property is ridiculously expensive, but now I'm here, I ain't going anywhere!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Test run this morning.  Did 7 miles. After a little warmup where it felt a little niggly, it warmed up and I didn’t feel a thing the rest of the way.  Went to the gym and did my core stuff and some quad things followed by the hot n cool pools. Now a few hours later it’s still ok. I guess it’s good to go.

Qotd: we’re a solid 8. When I retire in a few years we’re gonna go to cooler climes.  Only thing is our kids will probably be in this area so we’ll have to plan accordingly.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

10 miles in cooler weather. Kept expecting it to rain but it never did other than a few drops here and there.

qotd: I'd estimate about an 8 because I do not like PA winters, but the likelihood of me moving is about a 2 because every place I've looked at has something else I would dislike just as much.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

good luck Harrier and dc (if you decide to go)

5-ish miles this morning w/ Tiny E- sadly the smoke has returned

no wet here either, just a miracle we don't have more acres burning than we do

qotd: in the summer it's a 8 on the move, in the fall, winter, spring it's a 0- there are only a very few places that I can move to beat the summer heat; our summers very rarely got as hot (or dry) as they have the last 5-10 years, sadly I think it's the new normal Sad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Ran to the ice cream store for a sundae, does that count?

Short jog through the hood, though, while the rain was just a drizzle. Looked like many runners had been waiting for a break, as there were quite many out and about.

This getting back into running is, once again, tedious and exhausting, but I am sure it will be getting much better quickly.

QOTD: About a 6 or 7. First, I am going for a new job, in my area of expertise, not just the kind of quick-money low paying job that I have now, and second, I don't like the long, cold winters. While some winter is ok, for skiing, it really doesn't need to be 7 months of cold. A dry area would be good, like Arizona or Nevada. I don't mind the heat, I actually like it.

On the other hand, both DSs have switched to new schools last year and this year, respectively, and I don't want to uproot them again unless it really brings great gains for all of us. Finding good schools for the kids is difficult, especially if you're going to a totally new area where you can't go for a few weeks first to get to know it. So most likely we will stay put for a few more years, maybe just move into a new house.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run today but got in a great workout.  Helped my bro move to a beautiful new house.  I am insanely jealous.  But boy am I am sore and tired.  We'll see what I get in tomorrow for a run.

Marie - keep us informed about the possible new job.  I am intrigued!

QOTD: Oh man.  Tough question.  In my heart I am like a 9.  But in reality it won't happen for a bit.  I tend to get sick of where I live after a bit.  I am there now.  With my schooling being done, I have a desire to uproot after finding a nice f/t teaching job somewhere.  Maybe VA.  But I suspect we'll be here a while.  Both DW's fam and my fam are in the are or in the state so it would be a big deal to leave.  But I am ready...

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

37 mile bike ride yesterday.  Today I am heading to the trails to cover some miles with a mix of hiking and running.

QOTD: I'm probably a 9.5 in my desires right now, but I know I'm here for a while yet.  So heart wants to flee, but my brain knows we have to stay put.

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

It’s certainly wet... with sweat.  Had thunderstorms and lots of rain last night but this morning it was just supersaturated humidity no rain and stagnant air. Hard to cool off. We’re supposed to get more thunderstorms today.  I did 13 miles. A sweatfest. My toes and lower abdomen cramped after I was done, time to rehydrate.

NorthernHarrier

Tough mountain run. I took the option to drop out at the finish line for the 22k, 13.5miles on my garmin and that took me 4:24 to get that far. The last couple small climbs I did told me that it would be a sufferfest to do the 6 mile climb that was in front of me and I guess these days I don't quite feel the need. I still have mountains to climb and a couple cool runs planned over the next week to destroy myself in one swoop would not be cool. That definetly was my last event of anything over 30k.  Oh, but the course was incredible with sweeping mountain wilderness as far as you could see running along the crest of the divide. Certainly a good experience.

The real run to look forward to is Friday in the Indian Peaks. Can't wait and I'm glad I saved myself for that.  Anyway, heading down to Ouray and Lake City in the San Juans (my two favorite Colorado towns) for some more mountains.

QOTD--Not sure how to answer that. Never leaving my state but will be leaving Madison for my shack in the near future. But I spend so much of my time there that it's not really a move but just a change of my address of record.

AT-runner

Tim

Up early for our flight and made it to Denver.  Met for brunch with DD#1 and two of her friends. Then we were headed to see NH at an AS that went right by Rt. 70.  1 mile before the turnoff, we saw a truck swerve and then drive off the right side of the road. He hit a rock hard and I saw hit slam the wheel with his head.  We stopped and I ran back to check on him. He’s lucky to be alive. Said he got light headed and passed out. Anyway missed the race by the time we pulled off.  I was still shaking for about an hour.

Hike around Turquoise Lake which Sandy will know from Leadville race. Beautiful hike and we’re trying to get used to the altitude. Train ride today and then an afternoon hike or run to Timberline Lake.

QOTD:  Right now happy with where we live. We chose Gettysburg as a place to raise kids, and happy we did. Not opposed to a move in the future. Utah and Colorado are tops on our list.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

That definetly was my last event of anything over 30k.  

that's exactly what I said after my 50k last month 

glad you're saving yourself; the forecast looks very good (Wed-Sat anyways)

I fly out Wed, looking forward to meeting up with everyone in Colorado!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

NH - nice job on the run, you can take a soak in the hot springs in Ouray.  Also, will you have time to hike the Bear Creek trail?

AT - yes I know it well, at least the northern side of the lake.  Don’t forget Mountain High Pie in Leadville. 🍕

AT-runner

Tim

NH - nice job on the run, you can take a soak in the hot springs in Ouray.  Also, will you have time to hike the Bear Creek trail?

AT - yes I know it well, at least the northern side of the lake.  Don’t forget Mountain High Pie in Leadville. 🍕

Going for a run and then we’re hitting up Mountain High Pie for dinner. Tried last night but 2 hour wait for a pizza. Calling ahead today.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!