Trailer Trash

Wimpass Wednesday (Read 20 times)

runtraildc

Ran this morning with a friend-- 3.5 miles.  Ouch.  Too many rest days and too many beers lately makes for a wimpy run.  I'm hoping to get out later for another short run or a strength workout at the gym.

qotd:  Any new netflix (or other streaming) addictions.  Er, recommendations?  My kids introduced me to 'Documentary Now!' last week-- with Bill Hader and Fred Armisen (and of course, Helen Mirren).  Of course, they are spoofs of documentaries are very well done.  They're short and hit a number of topics (ie. a version of Grey Gardens).  Highly recommend.

DigDug2

Easy 8 on the roads this morning.  Cold - 20 or so.

QOTD:  Catastrophe, British sitcom on Amazon Prime - American guy travels to London on business, has a fling with an Irish woman, she gets pregnant, romance/drama/hilarity ensue.  Great writing and acting - eagerly awaiting Season 2.

AT-runner

Tim

No time for a run today. Too much life getting in the way. I had a dream last night that I wasn't prepared for a 24hr race. Looks like that dream might come true.

DD2 -   I use a streaming site to catch up. Looks like they have season 2 of Catastrophe already.

QOTD:  Nothing right now. I watch a lot of baseball in the evenings. In July it's the Tour de France every night.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

No motivation today.  Not sure if I'll run or do something inside. This cold snap is sapping my energy.  If I run it will be another 7-8 miles. If It's inside it will be a split session on the trainer and elliptical. That's what I'm leaning toward at the moment.

QOTD: DW has been watching episodes of Highway Through Hell, or something along that line.  I may be partly wrong about the title. I've seen some of it on the National Geographic and Weather channels.  It follows crews in Western Canada who are doing heavy recovery of trucks at accidents in the winter.  I'd like to watch all the episodes.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'll run after work the 6ish.  The good news is my 2016 in 2016 team won the week completion moving us from last place to 18th

QOTD:  We recently turned off the cable and turn off internet a long time ago.  So I go to the movies and check out whatever shitty shit they have.  I really want internet and Netflix.  Husband says he has no need for TV but every night he ask me what we have to watch from library...so actually he is watching TV I just have to go get it.  and nothing comes to mind. .

AT:  Thanks for that site...in case we get internet. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Ass still getting kicked by this sickness from hell. Not feeling a run in my future for tomorrow either unless things drastically change over night. I will be taking that flue shot next fall.

QOTD: I can't even get reliable internet let alone stream tv.

Ok, I could but it would come by sadilite and cost a arm and a leg plus my first born. For now We just rent movies.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got a nice 5-ish in last night, am going to get a similar distance in this evening

Much more relaxed today than yesterday 

qotd: finished Marco Polo- good; season 2 of Hinterland just came out- almost all of the BBC crime dramas I've watched have been good

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

Woke up feeling sick so I didn't run. Feel OK now. Run tom.

qotd  I got tired of netflix. Takes too long to pick movie and stream. If movie sucks you have to start all over.

XtremeTaper

Crisp and clear last night for our run at Coventry Woods, but crisp is really not a term that should be used on an April evening run. We ran our regular loop of 7 miles, untimed/watchless, which made it super pleasant. I need to remind myself to do that more often. Despite the crisp conditions it was a really nice evening to be in the woods and we stumbled across several other hikers and walkers. Oh, and one trail runner I think. He was just sort of standing there off the trail on the southside of the ridge. I did my normal "hey, how's it going" and he replied back with "I'm tired". I wasn't sure how to respond to that and I nearly thought I should have asked him if he needed a lift out of there when I was done running. Instead I just went on my way back up the hill. I suspect he was not looking forward to that climb.

Today, probably a run at Green Lane. I am on the 7 mile plan this week.

QOTD: We started season2 of Bosch on Amazon Prime the other night. It's a detective series, based on the novels of Michael McConnelly. Also, if you like murder mysteries check out Midsumer Murders on Netflix. It's a British show but fun to watch.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

bagge_pants

cross trained - stationary bike stuff, 30 min easy, took a break and foam rolled, 20 min medium, some weights, balance drills and core, 10 min hard

QOTD: I just got the netflix back up and running last week and watched Barkelys Marathon, Stop at Nothing, On the Way to School (part of it documents some Kenyan kids who trek 9 miles each way to school), started Desert Runners, Slaying the Badger - I don't watch much series. I wonder if Burn Notice is on there?? I liked that series

runtraildc

Have you watched Broadchurch?

qotd: finished Marco Polo- good; season 2 of Hinterland just came out- almost all of the BBC crime dramas I've watched have been good

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Have you watched Broadchurch?

Loved it 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I plan to do 5 or 6 after work today.  Probably go up on the single track.

Oh I almost forgot, I received an e-mail yesterday: "We have verified your registration, and inform you that you are confirmed to enter our 2016 UTMF. It is our honor to have you here in Mt. Fuji." I guess it took a little while for them to review my qualifier race results and add up the points, so I guess it's official, I'll be going back to Japan in September.

qotd: thanks for all of the above recommendations, there isn't much on Korean TV.  We finished up House of Cards recently. We did watch the kids golf documentary "Short Game", I liked how they showed the kids-being-kids side.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL