Trailer Trash

Too tired wednesday (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

Got dressed for a run this morning, but skipped actually running while the kiddo swam. Means I will go out early afternoon, but fortunately it won't be a too hot day. Tired for some reason. Must be the long holiday, though I don't think I overdid anything to be so tired.

qotd: Too tired to come up with anything. Ok, here's one. Next trip or adventure? Nothing big planned here, except a week in NH at the end of the month.  And am planning out a driving trip to MN for late August. Thinking about going thru MI (Traverse City and the UP) to get there. With camping along the way since this might be my last chance with older DS heading into his last year of HS.

XtremeTaper

Strange day with the holiday on Tuesday. I've felt baffled all week about what day of the week it really is! Not sure of run this evening or not. I need to get the lawn mowed. I did manage 7 with the Lady out at Green Lane yesterday. Busy place on the holiday. We had multiple encounters with the horsey folk. So I did make it 16.5 days with no running but woke up yesterday and said that's enough so out we went. Felt good, but doc gave me a script for anti-inflammatory (Meloxicam). I am still on that for another few days. See how things are next week when I stop. But for now, hey some running for my sanity.

QOTD: Not sure. Discussed some plans yesterday with my running partner. Asheville NC, Montana, CA all came up for a September trip.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

Pretty much on my own this week. The girls are all at church camp. Legs have just the right amount of soreness in them from yesterday's run. I will run 6 or 7 after work today. I am really tempted to jack up the mileage significantly this week, but that would really be a dumb thing to do. So, I will continue to try to hold back.

QOTD: We are going on a trip to N. Georgia to stay in a cabin the first week of November. We want to take my nephews on a train ride through the mountains. It is really nice, and they haven't been. On the way home, I am getting dropped off in Sylacauga, Alabama, catching a bus to Heflin, Alabama, and running 100 miles back to the truck. Hopefully, I can drive myself home after that.

LB2

jonferg67

Endless trails

Bonjour trailers,

Just got back from a nice run through the city of Quebec, I even found a few

miles of great trails along the St Lawrence. I haven't run in a city in a few

years so I had adjust to things like stopping at crosswalks, but once I found

the dirt I was in my element. This is a beautiful city.

QOTD: DW and I are smack dab in the middle of our latest adventure right now.

We're in Quebec a few more days then onto Montreal for a few more.

Daydreamer1

23 Miles yesterday on the flat trails where I'll be doing the 12 hour run. In someways it went well, but when I look at my average per mile it's actually slower then when I run 20 miles on the mountain and there I have real hills. So is it actually harder to run longer distances on the flats then on the hills . Planning on about 8-9 later today. That will have to suffice for back to back long runs.

Runtrail - Ah, the last year of high school. Just think of all the fun you'll have planning for college.

XT - Don't worry too much about the confusion, I live that way all the time.  Nothing quite like starting a basic neuro exam on a patient, asking them what day of the week it is and when they reply I have to check my watch to see if they are correct. I always give them positive points when they catch me checking.

LB2 - So you're not going to have any bailout points?  Now that's do or die.  I like it, although I'm sure I'd die.

Jon - Never got into any of the cities in Quebec,  always was in the country side. Definitely different then the further western parts of Canada.

QOTD: Next trip will probably be back to Michigan in August to see my BIL again.  Next adventure, if things work out in September we  will be in Glacier National park then head up to Jasper AB for a week.  It's been a long time since we were up there, anxious to get back.

AT-runner

Tim

Walking backwards on treadmill at lunch today.  PT friend of mine says it helps with politeus muscle healing. Eh, I'll try it and we;ll see. At least it's something.

QOTD:  Not sure. Still planning something.  Next April they are doing a Trailfest in California amongst the redwoods and the coast. DW was interested. Same company that we did it with last October in Utah.  So is anyone wants to go to California and camp out for 4 days and run for 3, come join us.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

LB2 - So you're not going to have any bailout points?  Now that's do or die.  I like it, although I'm sure I'd die.

Oh no, it is a race with plenty of places to bailout. Bailing is not part of my plan, though.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

still hotter than hell here; the long range forecast shows no end- I would easily do away with summer and even extend winter as a trade

got up at 4:30 and got 3-ish miles in with Tiny E

yesterday we got up early and went to the Elkhorns- a cool 47 degrees at the trailhead- 3.5 hours and 8.5 miles later it was up to 70

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

whoops- qotd: we're going to do a 20 mile loop this weekend in the Big Belt Mountains- throwing my Tenkara rod in and going to try and catch a few cutthroats in the high lakes

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

SRD today.  I typically take a rest day on Monday...  wait what day is it?

qotd: last week and a half of July I'll be driving round southern Colorado catching the CT riders for re-supply. I'll be running back towards them a few miles on the trails then running with them back to the supply point. Some off-roading, running in the mountains, camping.  Really looking forward to it.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Finally back from Kananaskis country. That's a trail runner's paradise. If anyone is interested in checking out races up there look at Five Peaks Races. They're the ones that put on Powderface.

qotd: Next trip is a short one to Danville, PA for Montour 12-Hour day race. Next adventure is yet to be determined, but Powderface gave me some confidence that if I choose my races carefully, I can still run and finish trail races.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.