Trailer Trash

Weekender (Read 22 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Watched the Olympics pretty late last night, so didn't get out as early as planned.  That Women's Super G was awesome. They all but crowned the Austrian and then a snowboarder, who skis 1/2 the time, comes and wins by .01 sec.

DW and I got a nice 12-13 miler in on the wet trails. 1/2 on the AT and then looped back on a Blue Blaze trail.  Did not see another person the whole time, and that is very rare for covering 6 miles on the AT.  Now snow is starting.

No race tomorrow.  Too much going on to drive to Reading and back for the race.  Will get some snow miles in locally and skip the 3+ hours RT in the car.

QOTWe: What's your guilty pleasure for food or drink (non alcoholic, Sue )?  Chocolate milk for me. I drink way too much of it, but now I justify it as a recovery drink    Drinking a glass right now.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Also watching the Olympics, prefer the racing rather than events with judging.

Did 7 miles this morning.  Took it easy and pretty uneventful.

qotd: Vanilla milkshakes. Unfortunately I don’t have them often enough.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

14 miles today, including a few with my RC.  Re Olympics, I really haven't been watching much, but did see the Super G last night. Funny when NBC had to cut back to the race to say, "oops, we were wrong, that person we said was going to win did not actually win... here's the real winner, a snowboarder that we don't know anything about!"

QOTD: chocolate, yum.  I'd say beer, especially a nice IPA, but that's really not a guilty pleasure.  That's pretty much every weekend.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

Hi all. 5 miles this morning with the running group. Started out and kept up with the fast guys (think 20 years younger, and taller/longer legs) for the first couple of miles. Then I was done and limped back to our coffee shop.  Then the snow started and it currenlty is quite pretty out. Supposed to turn to rain soon.

qotd: Cake. I rarely bake cakes, but my grocery stores sell them by the slice. I try to leave some for the kiddos, otherwise there is too much guilt (unless I've just come back from an especially long run).

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

6.1 miles

Haven't been watching much of the Olympics, mainly Nordic skiing, biathlon, and speed skating. Will be watching USATF Indoor T&F
            Championships starting in about 45 minutes, and again tomorrow.

qotwe: Food: candy, especially anything chocolate or cinnamon; Drink: coffee, cola. Where do root beer floats fit, drink or combo drink and food?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Daydreamer1

CAn we get some Lithium for the weather?  It's kind of bipolar around here. 53 degrees yesterday, 30 and snow today and going back to 45 tomorrow .

5.9 miles on the snowy roads.  Snow was coming down pretty good and traffic was light on the dirt roads so it made for a nice run. Rather slow in part due to running in bondis. Should have worn the asics for some traction.

34.3  miles for the past week. The highest weekly mileage this year.

QOTD: Peanut Butter Cups. Reese's of course. Others are OK but just not quite as good as Reese's.  That is a mix of two things I'm addicted to, peanut butter and chocolate.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

15 tough miles in the mountains today- about 10 of them on snowshoes

qotd: toss up between latte and IPA 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

GC100k

25 miles on the AT today on what I thought were mostly flat runnable sections, but the recent wetness left them puddled and muddy and slippery and it was very slow slogging through. And doesn't help that my shoes have gaping holes in the sides. Then it started snowing HARD the last couple hours with several inches accumulated by the time I'd finished. Probably did more hiking than running today.

QOTD: Never thought of it that way. I have no sweet tooth so sweet things don't tempt me, I just eat way too much of stuff I wouldn't feel guilty about if I didn't eat so much. I mostly like meat, meat, and more meat. At at the college all-you-can-eat cafeteria twice this week and each time had five different kinds of meat and a little bit of salad. Thurs night at home we grilled steaks and shrimp and I ate steak and shrimp - that's it. And I feel so awesome the rest of the day and the next day when I eat a pile of meat. I do also sometimes like salty, starchy stuff and will put a hurting on a bag of pretzels if some are sitting around. And over the years late-night Cheerios binges have been a bane of mine.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Mt biked today... it was tough but I feel good now.  We ride 4 miles up a road then drop down a single track for three miles.  it's quite challenging for me.  My hands  squeezing the breaks get more if a workout than legs. after that about ten rolly polly miles.

aotd: Seriously AT all my drink guilty pleasures have alcohol..like a Mararita, Kaluha and ccream.  Food.. like GC 100 said, It's not the eating bbut the over eating. Reeses come to mind.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Warden - those are tough miles in that snow!  And I think I almost see a smile (might just be me)

GC - I think the snow crept up at the last minute.  We weren't supposed to get any but go a couple inches yesterday evening.  All slush by the morning though.

I did 20 yesterday and another 20 this morning (all pavement pounding, but I guess a bit of slush and ice this morning might qualify for a little shiggy).  Yesterday, I just carried a bottle of water and ran my normal long run pace.  Today, I packed about 600 calories of solid food (fig newtons, protein bar, and kalamata olives).  Guess I have to practice eating solid stuff and run, now that this 24 hour thingy is coming up.  Everything went fine and I saved the olives for last.  They were delicious at mile 18, but it gave me a strong hankering for a martini.

QOTWe:  Well if alcohol is off the table.... I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so I'd have to go with savory.  Bacon, ribs, fried chicken, a juicy steak.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 17 ish I think... I accidently turned off my watch so had to just guess what I missed.  It was a mostly runnable route which is rare for my long runs. Also average a good minute mile.. for me.  I thought I was dragging from the bike ride but may have been that I was actually pushing myself.  Was suppose to rain on me but never did.   Off to a Mardi Gras parade.

A Warden shot.. ignore the face scabs doctor cut and burned me last week.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

you guys are getting the selfies down great 

3 very (very) chilly miles with Tiny E; tonight we're supposed to get down to -20 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

12.4 Miles up on the mountain.  Almost all snow. Either hard pack or 2-8 inches of new stuff. Took one nice fall. So nice that I really wanted to take a few more.  Went straight down over the mountain for 2 miles with a 8-10% grade. Then of course I had to head straight back up.  About 1.2 miles from the top I was really hating myself .  Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow so I could do it all over again .

I like running in the snow.

Sue - Looking kind of gruff there.  Was the Dr cutting skin cancer?

Warden -  -20?  Count your blessings. I think that's better then this massive swings we're having back here.  I'd rather have it get cold and stay that way.

XtremeTaper

7 loops or about 33.6 miles for me today here today at the Whispering Pines ultra in Inverness FL. I was really slogging it in the heat after lap 4, so after 6 laps drove back to the folks house and picked up the Lady. She ran the last loop with me and was quite the hit.

Longest run leading up to this in the past  7 months has been 12 miles. Oops!

QOTD: Milkshakes.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Pre but one spot he did send off to be tested.

12.4 Miles up on the mountain.  Almost all snow. Either hard pack or 2-8 inches of new stuff. Took one nice fall. So nice that I really wanted to take a few more.  Went straight down over the mountain for 2 miles with a 8-10% grade. Then of course I had to head straight back up.  About 1.2 miles from the top I was really hating myself .  Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow so I could do it all over again .

I like running in the snow.

Sue - Looking kind of gruff there.  Was the Dr cutting skin cancer?

Warden -  -20?  Count your blessings. I think that's better then this massive swings we're having back here.  I'd rather have it get cold and stay that way.